test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you use coupons?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
K, I got a coupon via invoking for 15 percent off an item. Clicked on the coupon, it opened up shop. Went to the 36 slot bag and it was 15 percent off. Clicked buy, then it opens up a prompt with an add coupon drop down menu that wouldn't work. Think it said, no coupon. The price was showing back to the original 1600 zen and not the 15 percent off price. Can someone tell me what if anything I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Is it that bags aren't considered items? Just noticed there is a category called items and category called bags. Weird that the bags were showing as 15 percent off tho.

Do they have coupons for bags? I've been waiting over a week for one, haven't seen one yet.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    This is what I do: double click the coupon, choose the item, click the drop down menu and choose that coupon. The first choice, no coupon. The 2nd choice, the coupon. Choose the 2nd choice.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

This is what I do: double click the coupon, choose the item, click the drop down menu and choose that coupon. The first choice, no coupon. The 2nd choice, the coupon. Choose the 2nd choice.

There wasn't a second choice, so I'm guessing bags aren't considered items.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    stabbath said:

There wasn't a second choice, so I'm guessing bags aren't considered items.
    As far as I know, it is considered to be an item.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Close all the windows. Open the Zen store, find the item, click buy and then use the coupon. This works every time for me. Double clicking the coupon never seems to work.

Also, you can't use a coupon for anything currently on sale, regardless if the coupon is better or not.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just open and close the ZEN shop, until you can use that coupon.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

Close all the windows. Open the Zen store, find the item, click buy and then use the coupon. This works every time for me. Double clicking the coupon never seems to work.

Also, you can't use a coupon for anything currently on sale, regardless if the coupon is better or not.

Damn. Missed out on that bag I've been dying to have. Coupon expired. I'll try what you suggest next time, thank you.
    ... or save up ZEN for a Dragonborn Legend Pack, buy it when it's on sale or with a discount coupon, and get a 32 slot bag for every character on your account.
    Want to know why?
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

... or save up ZEN for a Dragonborn Legend Pack, buy it when it's on sale or with a discount coupon, and get a 32 slot bag for every character on your account.

Interesting. Guess I'll look into it's contents.

Bag is 30 slot according to this page. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack
    edited September 2015
    My mistake, but the bag is still account wide.
    And the same goes for the ring and the artifact.
    Want to know why?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Yes if you are looking at the runic bag and dont yet have the dragonborne back..i recommend it especially if you have alts you use.

Yes if you are looking at the runic bag and dont yet have the dragonborne back..i recommend it especially if you have alts you use.

My alts just sit and invoke and do professions. I might try out different builds when free respecs are given. I have 3 rogues on 1 account.
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    stabbath said:

My alts just sit and invoke and do professions. I might try out different builds when free respecs are given. I have 3 rogues on 1 account.
    It's also great for holding stuff on prayer alts, because you don't have to bother with doing the zone quests to get some bag space :smiley:

That said, I have had that little coupon glitch happen to me several times. Be persistent. So long as stuff isn't on sale, it will eventually work. I just log in/out if it's being difficult, and that will usually fix it.
    mattock13 said:

Click on coupon, then select discard and ok. ;)

Sorry, I'm just irritated with them filling up my inventory.

Yes, most annoy me. Just want a bag for now. Maybe someday other things.
    gwynny2 said:

stabbath said:

It's also great for holding stuff on prayer alts, because you don't have to bother with doing the zone quests to get some bag space :smiley:

That said, I have had that little coupon glitch happen to me several times. Be persistent. So long as stuff isn't on sale, it will eventually work. I just log in/out if it's being difficult, and that will usually fix it.
    My alts are lvl 60 the previous cap, so their bag space has been fine.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Move new coupon from one place in bag to another one. It is enough.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Coupons are pretty annoying. Double clicking works sometimes, othertimes it doesent. You can't use them on sale items either which is annoying.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    mattock13 said:

Click on coupon, then select discard and ok. ;)

Sorry, I'm just irritated with them filling up my inventory.

This.

• silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    dfnce wrote: »
    Move new coupon from one place in bag to another one. It is enough.

This works. Just close the store, move the coupon to a different slot in your bag and try again. I have occasionally had to move it twice.​​
    Still waiting for a bag, item coupon /sigh.