test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rebuilding SW Build on xbox please help

blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Nine Hells
Been a SW since day1 using a slightly modified version of LazaLia's HB-Fury build (TY if you see this). We got mod6 on Sept. 8thReading threw these forums I see a lot people saying the SW-SB-Dam build is the only way to play if I don't want to constantly die. With Xbox going from mod 4/5 hybrid to MOD6 and the xbox being a near 100% copy paste job from PC I want know if anyone can tell me:
  • is there anyother viable build that wont result in constant death?
  • Is the soul puppet immortality and 100% aggro fixed on PC? if not can anyone tell if its carried over to Xbox?
  • should I just give up on the SW until further notice?
  • when is this supposed warlock rework coming for PC and

3 pages of Xbox patch notes here! (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9538823-neverwinter-xbox-one:-elemental-evil-patch-notes)

I know the is pc forums but I want know what to expect and do from people have been at this longer then us Xboxers.
Post edited by blastenblaster1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Personally I like Soulbinder Fury, build is in my sig. :)

However, it is not viable for PvP as the Ice wind Dale Boon Avalanche murders Fury because of Creeping Death. Just so you know in advance!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I've seen your build on MMO minds and bookmarked it but I want more then just one guys choice/opinion. no disrespect
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    no matter what you go, only SB is actually enjoyable
    SB fury better for PVP, if you do not get onehitted all time from Avalanche :(, worse for PVE
    SB damnation worse for PVP better for PVE
    temptation tree is no real option except you go PVP build with high LS, something like a node holder-butterfly build , i recommend taht for low gear IL 2-3k, with high mobility and selfheal, could be interesting if the new OL enchants that leach stamina and AP get standart in PVP, but.... you will s.uck ion PVE
    I do PVP with damnation build and it works quite ok (hybrid build)
    in case you focus on PVE i really would recommend damnation, bugged puppet or not, its most damage for sure, its fun going Dungeon, but a bit pain doing Soloquests
    some disatvantages against fury stay
    1. ist worse or slower going solo/dailies
    2. your puppet sometimes stays out of boss fights so only solution to this is PM help, back to capital, before boss fight, until cryptic gives us an ability to ban the puppet before fight
    3. somtime your puppet does not take part in the fight--only against scorps as far as I now, somtime it works and tanks the scorp hole fight without dieing...

Puppet also can tank endboss in MC and endboss in eSoT (immune to aoe damage)

going eTOS and eGWD or eCC you will rock , same encounter/feature etc. like Daigotsu, all time Dust to Dust/all consuming curse doing trash, using TT every mob group, immoaltion spirit on singel target/boss encounter (ACC+BT or somtime Shadwslip+BT depends)
    encounter WB+HG + DT/SS(bossencounter)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/560594/vell-crowes-mod-6-soulbinder-damnation-build/p1

i took (human) these feats except:
    I took relentless curse 5/5
    energizing curse 3/5, 5/5 would be better because-->it really is a difference in AP gain, and AP gain is all you need because Warlock is heavily tied to the use of dailies, so you rebuild AP quite fast using essence defiler
    shadow fold 3/5, 5/5 wold be better for PVP, so my build is hybrid
    desperate restoration 3/3 for sure (PVP) must have imo
    3/3 devasting critical
    2/5 Bloodpact of cania

DO NOT TAKE MOCKING SPIRIT, only makes your puppet die faster

in case you want to focus more on PVP go 3/3 soul reaping instead of energizing curse or better spend 5/5 in shadow fold (most important feat for PVP build) and rest in soul reaping
    tested 15 points in temp tree but that´s not beneficial for PVE/Damage, more use for PVP having more Lifesteal

in case PVP is your focus
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1193479/miserys-m6-soulbinder-fury-pvp-build-and-insight-on-pvp-sw
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    Thanks you two. *sigh* I really hope they buff the HB to be usefull again and the temptation feats If I decide to try that again in the future
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

I've seen your build on MMO minds and bookmarked it but I want more then just one guys choice/opinion. no disrespect

No offense at all bud, it's all good! :)

Bottom line, is simply have fun with what you're playing!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    just a quick update I went SB/Damn just to use the soul puppet as a (un?)living shield til I could eavaluate the gameplay first hand and all I can say is... its good to be back on my main! The only question I have now is... is it worth investing into the "Mocking Spirit" feat for the Soul Puppet to deal 1000 threat? or should I go the fury route for critical promise and the 9% dps buff from maxing out soul sparks? I only ask because I like the idea of me not taking dmg if I don't have to but 9% dps is great on boss targets like dragon where I have time to build up the 30 sparks.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    null
    As i wrote, never every invest in mocking spirit, your puppet is no shield at level 70 , dies in seconds, so lost damage
    Prevent your puppet from getting aggro with 25k HP