test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150819a.7

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

Classes and Balance
  • Scourge Warlock: Soul Puppet: If your soul puppet gets more than 100' from you, it will teleport back to you.
  • Scourge Warlock: Spiritfire: This feat now correctly calculates your weapon damage.
  • Scourge Warlock: Warlock's Bargain: Resolved an issue where If damage you take would kill you, you will no longer reflect damage from that hit.
Content and Environment
  • Stronghold Siege Tutorial: added a "i'd like to continue this later" option to the traveling wizard's dialogue choices. This allows exits from the map. Wizard spawns in all objective areas if the tutorial mission is dropped.
Items and Economy
  • Astral Diamonds awarded for completing dungeons is automatically granted when killing the final boss. This also resolves an issue where the daily cap for AD awarded this way could be lower than intended.
  • Briartwine Enchantment: Resolved an issue where If damage you take would kill you, you will no longer reflect damage from that hit.
  • Marks of Potency have been reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD in the Wondrous Bazaar.
  • Greater Marks of Potency have been reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD and have a chance to drop from Enchanted Coffers from Leadership.
  • Superior Marks of Potency have been added to the Wondrous Bazaar and will be priced at 100k AD and Have a chance to drop from the Refiner's Cache and Coffers in the Dread Ring.
  • Refining Enchantments from Rank 10 to 11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency.
  • Refining Enchantments from Rank 11 to 12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency.
  • Read more about the Astral Diamond changes here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9556803-neverwinter:-marks-of-potency-pricing-changes
User Interface
  • Dropdown style lists of items now show items in your inventory first and items in your bank last. This includes donating to the coffer, character sheets and slotting gems.
  • PvP final scoreboards will now show 4 items that are awarded at the end of the match and can scroll for more.
  • Stronghold Siege score HUD now displays the correct guild name you are fighting for instead of your own guild's name.
  • Stronghold Siege score HUD now englufs the correct guild's health bar in flames when under attack by the dragon.
Next build that should be on Preview on Monday will include:
  • Refining Armor and Weapon Enchantments above Rank 10 now require Superior Marks of Potency instead of Greater Marks of Potency.
  • Seals of Triumph no longer drop from Stronghold Siege. They remain for the first win of the day in Gauntlgrym and Domination.

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is going to Preview now.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Any word on the invocation fix? The UI still fights you for the first one of the day if you click "Ok" too soon.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    panderus said:

Classes and Balance

• Scourge Warlock: Soul Puppet: If your soul puppet gets more than 100' from you, it will teleport back to you.
    • Scourge Warlock: Spiritfire: This feat now correctly calculates your weapon damage.
    • Scourge Warlock: Warlock's Bargain: Resolved an issue where If damage you take would kill you, you will no longer reflect damage from that hit.

Greater Marks of Potency have been reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD and have a chance to drop from Enchanted Coffers from Leadership.
    Superior Marks of Potency have been added to the Wondrous Bazaar and will be priced at 100k AD and Have a chance to drop from the Refiner's Cache and Coffers in the Dread Ring.

So, does that mean you have fixed the out of nowhere dmg spikes of the SW? (sometimes a few million from the Soulpuppet)

Do the GMOPs and SMOPs drop from dungeon bosses as well? Because the ingame description says they do. Also, they schedule description for Dread Ring does not include the new SMOPs yet.
    What about Artifacts and they upgrade from epic to legendary and mythic? Are you going to change the legendary to mythic upgrade requirements as well? Currently they cost the same as epic to legendary.

BTW thanks for bringing this change so fast on preview. Looks like a good patch to start balancing ad generation and sinks back to how they should be.

PS: The Quest Weapons of the Guild can still not be found on the SH map. I have a LVL 20 GH on preview and can not find any Npc on the map giving me the quest.
    Also, Heroic encounters, epic and major ones, still give more often than not only a R5 Enchantment for completing it. That is quite awful, considering the RP awarded for work done.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I know lots player had save stack of GMOPs, is it possible to make the GMOPS or any kind of marks able to upgrade? For example 4 GMOPs = 1 SMOP
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Can you please make so I can discard the Wizard's Siege Guide from my inventory. It's taking space in my bag for no reason.
  • carloqtcarloqt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Please Fix the lag/Server not responding and always disconnecting from server.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    You should strongly consider upgrading all enchantments a level since every single player who had upgraded has now wasted a ton of money
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    No, every player who upgraded did so with old inflated AD, and has had the use of the upgraded enchantment.

Your suggestion would be like if you bought a 40" TV and it went on sale the next month -- so you want a 50" TV in compensation.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    That is a ridiculous analogy. This is a complete artificial economy, not every same real world rule applies.

TV's get cheaper because of new technology. Samsung has to do something to make that 50" inch tv, they can't change a 40" tv into a 50" on a whim.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    cjh1983 said:

That is a ridiculous analogy. This is a complete artificial economy, not every same real world rule applies.

TV's get cheaper because of new technology. Samsung has to do something to make that 50" inch tv, they can't change a 40" tv into a 50" on a whim.

But you think Cryptic can turn every enchantment into an enchantment+1 on a whim? Can you imagine all the coding, and the outcry if they messed up and down-ranked every enchantment -- which is exactly what happened with pure and transcendent weapon enchantments and rank 4 powers. Many were giving you negative increases, instead of positive ones.

Just deal with the fact that GMoPs cost more ADs when people could create more ADs. You bought expensive GMoPs when you were rich, now you can buy cheap ones when you aren't as rich.

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm really curious on how are you going to address the hit points on the "25k" health Soul puppets that's going to be doing 683 damage per tic now.

Also, will this damage from soul puppet actually life steal, being that it says soul puppet's "DAMAGE" in the WRATHFUL souls tool tip?

You guys got a lot of work ahead of yourself to fixing the Scourge Warlock class.
    Playing this class has made me a bitter person in-game :'(
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Spiritfire did not do a lot as far as I can see, these hits from Soulpuppet appear related to the buffs a group provides
    no GF in group its spikes like 400k, GF in group 800k it´s definitely dealt by the puppet as far as my ACT shows the right information and its dealt by wraith claw
    IBS from GWF going solo deals 110k with my HAMSTER GWF (PF enchant) base damage 12k, using vorp a lot more
    going dungeons its a lot more up to 300k, some GWF deal over 1 mio from one IBS fully buffed
    so if the puppet gets buffed it hits for 100k in T1 and 200k+ in T2, inculding some weard damagespikes noone easily can explain
    the reason for the damage dealt in T2 is mysterious and follows no logic
    going solo my puppet deals about 10k hits, never tested it by running with a DC buffing the puppet in lets say WoD, maybe someone did?
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Can you please remove the double enchant requirements for those ranks 7+? Thanks.
  • neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    panderus said:

Greater Marks of Potency have been reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD and have a chance to drop from Enchanted Coffers from Leadership.

Refining Armor and Weapon Enchantments above Rank 10 now require Superior Marks of Potency instead of Greater Marks of Potency.

At the moment on the preview shard the tool-tip descriptions from the Enchanted Coffers do not reflect the first change (yet); There's no 'Greater Mark of Potency' there in the list, just the blue 'Mark of Potency'.

We can assume the latter means that these are similar changes to rank 10->11 and 11->12 for regular enchantments? ( 2 superiors for pure/rank 11 and 4 superiors for transcendent/rank 12?)

And btw, what about Utility Enchantments? Same refinement rules as weapon/armor enchs above?

• novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    this is not enough to bring me back after you killed leadership
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    mattock13 said:

panderus said:

Seals of Triumph no longer drop from Stronghold Siege. They remain for the first win of the day in Gauntlgrym and Domination.

@panderus

Just a heads up... I did some domination pvp (on live) with a level 11-12 Paladin, we won both matches and I only got 200 AD and no seal of triumph. I'm not sure if the seals issue is a bug or if they kick in at a certain level. I definitely didn't get the AD that should come from that though. I checked my inventory and the log.

ETA: I'm not getting AD from skirmishes either.
    You need to be level 70 to earn seals of triumph
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Any word on the invocation fix? The UI still fights you for the first one of the day if you click "Ok" too soon.

Yes, please! This is so annoying.

Also, any word on fixing the leadership task durations and/or rewards for the time some of these tasks take?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Is someone looking at the Devotion OP build for power balance?

Currently there exists a build that will out damage most DPS while also being invulnerable to all attacks. That's a problem.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    See OP set losthmauth and some builds sws (this class only use TT more soul puppet to deal damage) and some gwfs ultra buffeds!!!!! and pls revise some passive damages like storm spell from OH cws.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Is someone looking at the Devotion OP build for power balance?

Currently there exists a build that will out damage most DPS while also being invulnerable to all attacks. That's a problem.

Think that's the prism/vow/burning guidance combo.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    That is part of it.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Panderus, Warlock's bargain is still causing reflective loops with certain boons and killing Warlocks, as it happened to me in GG against a Cleric yesterday. He did die, but I also died from a constant loop from his avalanche boon.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Panderus, real question for you and please for answer. Is a real chance to increase guild from 150 to 200?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    And where is @panderus?
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I'd imagine he's deep in the Underdark trying to get it semi-functional before release.
This discussion has been closed.