test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150819a.6

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
  • Stronghold Siege
  • Resolved a case where walls or other objects dependent on a Strongholds level would be invisible.
  • Increased Dragon Hoard Gold drop rate by 50%, added small chance for 5 coin drop. If both guilds have achieved at least 1 rank of respect with the dragon, total number of coins collected is now used to break ties, e.g. both guilds have respect rank 2, but guild 1 has collected 12 coins and guild 2 has collected 14. The dragon will make one attack against guild 1 in this case.
  • Reduced points awarded for constructing ballistae from 20 to 10
Items and Economy
  • 10 Conqueror’s Shards of Power will now be obtained upon participation in Stronghold Siege. Conqueror’s Shards may only be obtained in this manner once every 20 hours.
  • One Seal of Triumph per day will be awarded when winning either your first Domination match, first Gauntlgrym match or first Stronghold Siege match at level 70. For Stronghold Siege and Gauntlgrym, this is a temporary change as Seals of Triumph were not available for several days.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is up on Preview and is intended to go out tomorrow.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Any word on fixing the Hero's Feast. It stops scaling at lvl 60 still. Has been reported since Mod 6. Would help out some of the players struggling to complete content
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    panderus i didn't get any reward(gift of participation) after losing in tiamat yesterday as well. wasn't afk either could you please take a look at rewards in tiamat
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I thought we'd decided that the "once every 20 hours" thing wasn't really conducive to QoL playing..?

Not that it matters to me, since I have no interest in the siege aspect.. but brace yourself for those complaints.

Thanks for the notes, @panderus.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    panderus said:

One Seal of Triumph per day will be awarded when winning either your first Domination match, first Gauntlgrym match or first Stronghold Siege match at level 70.

Lemme see if I understood this. "winning ur first either of those matches" -> So if we lose our first match, we won't be able to get the seal if we win in a 2nd or 3rd match?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I see still no way for strictly solo players to gain AD except from invoking. So maybe next week that will happen.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    panderus said:

Items and Economy

• One Seal of Triumph per day will be awarded when winning either your first Domination match, first Gauntlgrym match or first Stronghold Siege match at level 70.
    Hey @panderus - what about BID in IWP/DV? Will that also award the Seal?
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    panderus said:

Content and Environment

• Stronghold Siege
    I'd like to see the participation threshold reduced to 100..

Scenario:
    -we have 4 parties queued, 1 offensive party per lane, 1 party for defense
    -other team sees who they are fighting, and abandon match
    -3 parties that took lanes have 200+ points and are above the threshold
    - the defensive party has to scramble to get horses, supplies, build ballistae, and/or rush to the front to fill catapult ammo in order to get enough points for 'participation'
    - its hard to get 200 points if you have no opponents to kill.
    -still takes 15 mins for the match to end, sometimes the defensive team doesn't reach the threshold to get reward, makes for disgruntled guildies, as they've wasted their time.

or some other way for defensive-minded toons to get points. maybe increase pack horse influence to 40 from the current 20?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    The "majority" of rare tasks in Leadership are not giving RAD. It is still only three. Needs to be looked at.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Can this " once every 20 hours" be replaced as reseting as invocation/salvage as a default option plz?
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
    edited September 2015
    just finished a SH Siege match.. we won.. 500-0

no rewards.

i had 2000 points.

other people in my party got 2 banners, etc.

insta quit. =(
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

no rewards.

i had 2000 points.

insta quit. =(

Yea, this similarly happened to me as well. How long was your match?

no rewards.

i had 2000 points.

insta quit. =(

Can you also double check your inventory? I know Glory appears to not show in the final scoreboard.
    it was a long match, both sides fighting for awhile.. lots of backcapping of depots (while we were at catapults, theyd take the depot closest to our guildhall breaking the supply line), ended close.. maybe 750-0 or 500-0

I'll login for you panderus. ;D ..... I can't be totally sure.. but it looks like maybe i might've gotten vouchers and banners. So potentially may have gotten the rewards, but under the scoreboard it said "no rewards"

i'll be sure to check the numbers if it happens again
    Thanks for all the fish.

it was a long match, both sides fighting for awhile.. lots of backcapping of depots (while we were at catapults, theyd take the depot closest to our guildhall breaking the supply line), ended close.. maybe 750-0 or 500-0

I'll login for you panderus. ;D ..... I can't be totally sure.. but it looks like maybe i might've gotten vouchers and banners. So potentially may have gotten the rewards, but under the scoreboard it said "no rewards"

i'll be sure to check the numbers if it happens again

Thanks. The current threshold appears to be at 200, which still may be too small depending on how you contribute to the battle and how long it can take. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
This discussion has been closed.