test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I thought I heard a 24 hours task yield the same stuff as a 4 hours task

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I heard wrong. The 24 hours task yield less than a 4 hours task.
I think this is comical.
The 4 hours task has 1000 XP more than the 24 hours task.
I know XP does not mean much. However, I expect they would at least do some "token" thinking.

Should you at least put some heart to do the nerf? Pretend to be doing the right thing?
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I address this issue in the thread just made about readjusting tasks for the new economic framework, yes.
  • azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    You think they give a rat's behind! LOL. They only cared about removing AD. All the polls, suggestions, and other threads are falling on deaf ears. It's comical how the players still think they can change the minds of those in charge.
  • alpehansalpehans Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    It's a classic Cryptic .... nerf nerf nerf. Don't even spend 5 sec to adjust ANYTHING else. You where allready editing the code, would it be so hard to reduce the runtime and up the xp/gold ???.

I guess all the time was spent on Wrongholes pvp that nobody( very few ) cares about :confounded:
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    azaris1 said:

You think they give a rat's behind! LOL. They only cared about removing AD. All the polls, suggestions, and other threads are falling on deaf ears. It's comical how the players still think they can change the minds of those in charge.

I was not asking them to change because I never expect they will. I was expecting they would at least pretend to have some heart and not doing something outright stupid. Yes, just pretending to be not stupid. Yes, just pretending like a politician.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • alpehansalpehans Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Comparing Cryptic to politicians ..... that's kinda insulting.
    For the politicians ofc :smiley:
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    alpehans said:

You are right. I was hoping Trump can take over Cryptic so that he can put a decent wall for the Stronghold. :)
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

alpehans said:

You are right. I was hoping Trump can take over Cryptic so that he can put a decent wall for the Stronghold. :)
    Nah. Knowing our luck it would get farmed out to the lowest bidder and probably wind up being built by Goblins.
  • kerys1980kerys1980 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This just shows it's a panic move. Quickly removing AD from Leadership but not boosting the other rewards to make it still worth the time. Not that getting more gold or xp is really worth it to begin with. But hey, they're probably looking into it and will be making changes "soon". I only hope it's sooner then their reworking of the removed dungeons.
  • feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    These guys don't think, that's the problem.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The OP hits the nail on the head when it comes to addressing my big concern about the leadership "change" - it's not a "change", or a "retooling". It just removed AD. That was it.

A bit of forethought, and a bit of planning, and the devs *could* have reworked the tasks in a way to compensate for the change. They did nothing. At all. And that tells me that there really isn't any plan, that this was just a "shut it off" order, and, if we're extraordinarily lucky, we may eventually see some price adjustments on things like GMoPs. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

It's really too bad, as I could have adjusted to an AD-less Leadership profession. The hack job they did to the profession, though, indicates that professions - like the Foundry - aren't high on the list of things to worry about around here.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    In Fact every professions are worthless now.

Alchemy is gonna be botted and elements price gonna drop down in a few weeks.

Epic shirts and pants are not a worthy investement due to the 60% maxed win rate