test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unable to change email addresses

oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
I'll try to be brief. My computer was hacked, I was lucky I only had to get new hard drives. Because of this, my primary email no longer exists. Yahoo is proving nigh impossible to get them to help me restore said address, which leaves me to change the email address at numerous sites and with services with which I conduct business.
This brings me to Arc/Neverwinter. I attempted to change the email address on my Arc account, only to be given a link to customer support, (the link was an error page btw) and told they could help me. Once I finally got to customer support, account support, I was instructed to log into the email address and then fill out a form and submit the form.
The issue with filling out the form is that in order to log into that email address, Arc requests confirmation that I am who I say I am. In order for me to confirm that, I need to log into said email address, which does not exist. I cannot log into an email which no longer exists to confirm I am who I say I am, simply in order to fill out a form to change said address.
It's an unholy cycle from hell which needs to be fixed so that I can get my account restored.
On the matter regarding Neverwinter, it's the same issue with them. I am asked to confirm, (via code sent to email address that no longer exists) that I am who I say I am, which I cannot do until I can change email addresses. I have spent over two years building 11 characters and upgrading my game. I don't want to lose all that work. Is there anyone or any way to help me change the contact emails so I don't lose all that work.

Thanks for listening
Oglind
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin

Comments

• oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    To add to the above issue, this, (the forums) seems to be as far as I can get using this account. I can check the account, I cannot change anything, and I can post on the forums, that seems to be the extent of what I can do. When I try to go further, I'm told to confirm my identity by going to the email address listed, which I cannot do, and I am therefore stuck.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin