test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WoD trolling. Bugging Tiamat heads with Cloak and TR Smokebomb.

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
Ok, this has just gotten out of hand.
1 in 3 attempts I make in the Tiamat raids are an insta-fail because some joker wants to troll and make the Tiamat heads bug and ruin it for everyone. All the pots and scrolls you used are now useless. And you have to wait another hour and hope you don't queue with another troll. And it's not just one person...
Can this be looked into, PLEASE?

Tagged:

Comments

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    You're lucky to have never seen this.
    A TR runs up to a Tiamat head, casts Smoke Bomb, the head disappears and never comes back.

The Cloak of Lesser Etherealness is gear they got rid of a long time ago. It makes you disappear for like 10 seconds.
    Only players from way back have them. If you cast the cloak, you go invisible and again, the Tiamat head disappears.

Link attached.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Lesser_Etherealness

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I've seen plenty of TRs use smoke bomb on bosses. I have no idea why as there are much better single-target skills to use for such fights. This could be unintentional mistake

But the cloak, can't believe such old players still working on their boons.

They should get these fixed soon.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    If you know anything about Smokebomb you would know enough to talk about it. Until then... say nothing. It has never lagged anything I have run. I know because I use it. A large number of the TRs that I know use it... single target of multiple targets.

A boss is rarely alone... and it does do damage and apply a slow effect if it is applied from stealth.

Do I need it?

I guess not... since I apply Concussive Strike every 5 seconds and it lasts for 2.5 seconds. DF does more damage for me than SB.

Then why do I use it?

Because in a DD it helps keep my party alive longer. I stop casters from casting, animals from spewing fire or ice and it does kill lesser mobs without any extra effort.

The fact that you believe that Tiamat is doable still is amusing. Yes, some instances can kill her... but most people have given up on that even being in the game.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    Black head BUGS all summer, those who havent seen just stay silent. Rest, poke developers till they fix it..which i really really doubt from Cryptic's 2.5 years experience.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    What possibly happens is that a person, like a rogue, gets close enough to the head to agro it before it full emerges.

They then disappear or otherwise drop agro before the head is fully risen, which then causes it to get stuck.

That's my guess, at least.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Black head BUGS all summer, those who havent seen just stay silent. Rest, poke developers till they fix it..which i really really doubt from Cryptic's 2.5 years experience.

Yes, it's always on the Black Head. TR runs up, times it right, pops it, and the head just disappears.
    drkbodhi said:

If you know anything about Smokebomb you would know enough to talk about it. Until then... say nothing.​​

eh?
    I know it can make a black dragon head disappear. Seen it at least 6 times now. I'm not saying it's lagging anything or anyone. I *am saying* it's got exploit potential for trolling and it's happening right now. I'm not hating on the skill or the class. I'm saying Tiamat has a bug and people are using it to cause trouble.

But the cloak, can't believe such old players still working on their boons.

I took a break. Been around since Dread Ring.

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The head may disappear to you... just like often times the entire dragons will disappear during heralds for me. That does not mean that it is gone... the program is still there and not a big issue for it to be invisible.

Honestly... it has usually been invisible when I have run Tiamat... but I have still killed her multiple times.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    drkbodhi said:

The head may disappear to you... just like often times the entire dragons will disappear during heralds for me. That does not mean that it is gone... the program is still there and not a big issue for it to be invisible.

Honestly... it has usually been invisible when I have run Tiamat... but I have still killed her multiple times.​​

When they do this "correctly" it makes the black head completely unattackable, making the instance fail because you obviously can't kill Tiamat. I urge everyone to please report anyone you seeing this, as they are griefing, and that is very much against the rules.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    This was reported when tiamat was released heh.

U'd see it once in awhile, but it wasnt common. Most tia groups, at least the "organized" ones, would always warn, "DO NOT ATTACK HEAD TILL ITS FULL EMERGED". Once in awhile some TR would.

We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

What possibly happens is that a person, like a rogue, gets close enough to the head to agro it before it full emerges.

They then disappear or otherwise drop agro before the head is fully risen, which then causes it to get stuck.

I think that's the cause of it too, I know it was the cause when tiamat first release and it happens a lot. It can happen to any head, it's usually the black coz the zerg starts from there.

Usually people stands and wait behind the red line when it changes to the head phase, they should turn that red line to a laser force field. Make it instant death for anyone that crosses it before all the heads have emerged.

There are so many things that needs fixing for tiamat, I think removing the reward for failing will be the best solution for all these problems. If people enter tiamat do it for the reason of wanting to succeed, then there will be less afk'ers and people trying to bug the instance. I still don't quite get why they made the reward for failing quite often better than victory. Failing should reward a maximum of a dragon hoard coin pouch.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Bugging any monster by any method always carries the risk of it bugging your character too. I believe I've been over this before.

1) Boss goes immortal.
    2) Eternal respawns.
    3) Loss of chests even with Dungeon Keys.

Etc, etc, etc.

There could be a cap put on how much damage done/healing done you need do before you qualify individually for a loss reward. The coding may make Devs scream, but it's possible with counters. That would make sure every player has to do something besides just AFK.

" I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Damage to black head by any source can bug it out.. its not class specific per se.. I once saw a gwf bug it out, by simply dropping over the edge, apparently after he got back on and I asked him, had a lag spike, but the computer kept him rolling forward.

Its all funny, until its not =P

• luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yeah, I think it is all about getting to the head very quickly. I play a GWF and did this by accident once. Ever since I've avoided it by staying behind the line and waiting until the head is fully out. Doesn't help my graphics struggle in there.
    Anyway - the main point that people are trolling it is of course more of an issue.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Hey guys, I'll need very specific repro steps in order to get this addressed. I know it's happening, but if we can't get repro steps, it's extremely difficult to fix.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

kreatyve said:

When they do this "correctly" it makes the black head completely unattackable, making the instance fail because you obviously can't kill Tiamat. I urge everyone to please report anyone you seeing this, as they are griefing, and that is very much against the rules.

Are they? And how do you intend to prove that? A lot of new players have joined NW since mod4. And since it's estimated that only 10% of the players participate on the forums, it's not unlikely that they simply don't know of the bug's existence and just charge ahead like every pug does. The old people know better, sure. But they aren't the ones running Tiamat these days.

Regardless, this bug should have been fixed 10 months ago.
    I agree with Magenubbie. You shouldn't go throwing around the "report them" and "griefing is against the rules" comments in regards to think like this. For one, if Cryptic actually cared about banning people for affecting gameplay negatively, PE would be a MUCH quieter place. For two, you are talking about Normal Gameplay causing a bug. Sure, it takes a specific set of actions, but those actions aren't THAT abnormal that they couldn't be done in normal gameplay. It isn't like the eCC boss bug that requires very specific, abnormal gameplay actions to perform (and has been left unpatched for so long, some players have never done it normally).

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I have seen an HR do this with the ranged version of thorn strike (forget what the ranged version is called). Probably the same reason... it agros the head before it comes up, so it never does.

Bad enough that people purposely sit at the campfire talking about FOOOOOOOOD and trolling everyone, not helping but taking the reward. I'm lucky enough not to have come across people obviously trying to bug the head, and have only had it happen 3-4 times in maybe 50 runs.

Still, this bug has been around for a long time, and it wastes the time of 24 other people (25 if bugging was an accident). It should have been fixed LONG ago, as a priority.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Hey guys, I'll need very specific repro steps in order to get this addressed. I know it's happening, but if we can't get repro steps, it's extremely difficult to fix.

I have seen this happen when a HR entered the red zone around the black head before it fully emerges and uses Thorn Ward.

When I observed it, no other players were nearby (I was the closest other player, just about crossing the red line, and did not activate any powers).

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Couple difficulties with doing that Strum. One, it was reported to be fixed at one time. You might want them to go look at that "fix". Two, it's something that would have to be done on the test server. You do it on live and you just possibly pissed off an instance attempting to actually complete it. A person that may legitimately be using it to grieve, also wouldnt probably post how to do it.

The general gist was, what trips and others mentioned. On the black head, if I remember correctly, if certain classes/abilities attacked prior to the head actually raising above the platform; for some reason the head would bug out and no one could do damage to it, if I remember correctly; either the head just wouldnt appear or there would be no health bar and it wouldnt take damage. (I think it just wouldnt appear)

I think I accidentally did it once on my GWF, on my like 2nd run of Tia; and it wasnt well known it could happen. But I was the first there, started swinging and it bugged out. Pretty sure I was just sure striking it. I then silently slinked into the corner hopeing no one saw me, cause I had no idea what I had just done; other than cause major qq.

But this was the original bugging, maybe something different is happening. Maybe they really did fix it. But Im pretty sure I saw it still even after the first fix.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    another issue, devs still hadnt take out legion devils once all 3 clerics has beams up, all those should have been banished until it reset.
    legion devils still making cheap oneshots nearly everyone, didnt devs already fix that?

as almost every time i revived at campfire, i see 1 of "afk" standing there for 17-18 mins, and then he ran to one of the head just to score 1 hit before timer went up, and guess what, he got 1st place on top list, just 1 hit, i cant believe it, i made about 200 hits, just estimated and i end up rank 11, or often rank 7.

later, i tried as a test, i skipped whole fight, and got nothing, no rewards, so this is confirmed. what i just guess, at first round with summoners, most made the hits, and then went afk just as soon clerics are up and legion devils are everywhere. that how they got rewards from 1st rounds as when the timer expired.