test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership Changes Feedback (Not an AD Discussion/Feedback Thread)

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
Please don't discuss the removal of AD as such here, use the thread on main board for that.

This thread is for discussing Leadership after AD was removed.

One feedback from me:
Please reassess Leadership timers and possibly reward ordering. As it is the level 23 task takes 4 hours and basically gives the same reward as the level 25 task that takes 1 day.

This needs to be revisited.

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Give us the possibility to earn some items for stronghold mimic for example
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    You have 3 tasks:
    1. Guard Young Noble on Trip (4 hours)
    2. Battle Elemental Cultists (1 Day)
    3. Provide Security for Pilgrims (Rare - 8 hours)
    Each of these provide the same rewards. There's no need for the 2nd version. The big 1 day task rewards could be replaced with a Stronghold Voucher (chance, varies). :)
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    If we could get bound AD stronghold vouches I wouldn't mind the change. With the reduced AD its going to be hard to get the millions needed for the stronghold.
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    reds351 said:

If we could get bound AD stronghold vouches I wouldn't mind the change. With the reduced AD its going to be hard to get the millions needed for the stronghold.

It would be a good idea to have a chest containing vouchers for the stronghold!
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    At the moment leadership is in a bad spot, with the removal of AD generation.

What could be done to improve the profession:

1 - Increase crafting exp gains by 400% and remove the training tasks (the ones that give only crafting exp and nothing else) so you always progress while getting something out of leadership and puts the profession on par with others in terms of advancement speed.
    2 - Increase gold gains by 100%.
    3 - Revisit all chests rewards. Most of them give useless junk that only clutter the inventory. Each chest (depending on its "tier") should give an option to get stronghold vouchers or refinement gems (white pearl, peridot, aquamarine and so on).
    4 - Additional rewards for Level 25 battle elemental cultists: one tarmalune trade bar. Chest reward updated to be better than level 23 4 hour task one.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Reduce the timers for those 12h+ tasks, they are now worthless. Especially that lvl 25 1d task, this one is just ridiculous...

And give us Stronghold vouchers!
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Stronghold Vouchers and Wondrous Bazaar items, both of which should be bound to character.

Oh, what about something like, unique refining items, like the Wonders of Gond items. And they're BTC. And you can keep refining, say, a magical horse. And when you finish refining it, you get a unique mount?

Basically, by doing this, you can award large scale items incrementally, by having players perform tasks. This, obviously, wouldn't have to be limited to Leadership.
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    -put dragon eggs in rewards in leadership. Rare task is also good. And upgrade all the chests with better items, while
    you're at it.
    -remove the 3 assignments limit in leadership, there's almost no ad so it's useless now to have it in there.
    -remove bound to character items completely and make them bound to account.
    Give people a reason to buy more character-slots
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    id agree, remove the 3 assignment limit.
    make the level 25 leadership 1 day quest reward a crate of mark for shanadar/dreadring/type boon mark that is account bound.

I'd add new quests with a "mystery" reward chest which could be 1 copper for even a chance at an epic item (using epic leadership materials) similar to the other quests were you can add pieces to better your chance at a 'rank 3' outcome
  • rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    As it stands now. Leadership is an all but useless craft when it comes to wanting to Max it out.
    All you get for all the time and effort, is the same box you would have gotten at level 23. So why would anyone want to continue on to Max it to 25.
    Currently any of the crafts give you the option to craft some pretty decent gear at its max level. That is providing you have two major components in your bags.

One item is a Unified Element and two are Dragon Eggs. Both are needed to craft say a 1 slotted, (then that into a 2 slotted), ring, belt or even a Cloaks in Jewelcrafting. The thing is that getting your hands on a Dragon Eggs is not easy. There is no surefire way to acquire one as there is the Unified Elements. That you can make yourself via the Alchemestry Craft at level 25.

I think that If Leadership is to become a useful and viable craft again. This might be one way that players would want to max out Leadership again. If you were to have the option to make Dragon Eggs at Level 25. You could have it take the same time it dose to craft a Unified Element in Alchemestry. Anywhere from 12 days and down, depending on the level of your professionals.
    Tell me what you think? Would you then want to Max out Leadership again.
    I think most people would.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...wouldn't be LShip a great way to generate influence?

I mean, I got all those Heroes and Adventurers and Men-at-Arms and whatnot - and they're all sitting in the SH or in PE and idling their time away or taking strolls with the local gentry or their prayer group??? :^D
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As mentioned in many other threads about Leadership, the Devs could just place Stronghold Vouchers into the former rAD slots.
    The more time a task need to finish, the higher the quality/quantity of the Stronghold Voucher.

Anyway, a bit more Dev feedback on this matter would help.

+1 on improving the loot from LS chests.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Some good ideas here.

1st step would be to balance the task timers which, in a current state, are just illogical.

Adding SH vouchers to the LS was suggested from the day 1 after nerf - and this is a great idea to help us lower the pain of Sh upgrades.

Not sure about dragon eggs though...I mean each of us want to generate useful stuff from thin air but this could be a bit too much. By the way Dragon Eggs are more suitable to be obtained via Alchemy - well maybe not if you're thinking about sending your dudes to kill a drag and steal his eggs :pensive:

All in all LS has to get some attention, let's hope it's sooner than later.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...on a different spin, another idea I had sometime during the last week:

Why can't LShip AD-generation be reinstalled - just you don't get rAD, but AD vouchers???
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User

...on a different spin, another idea I had sometime during the last week:

Why can't LShip AD-generation be reinstalled - just you don't get rAD, but AD vouchers???

+1 for that :)
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Hell yeah, that's an idea.

The whole thing's circles around making the profession viable again.
    Either lower the costs of SH upgrades (better option) or tweak it a bit AND add Sh related goods to LS coffers.

That would be a big boost to our ability to rank up SH without grinding our heads off trying to meet the actual requirements which are through the roof atm.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • xenasqqerxenasqqer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I believe that the amout of "time effort" to get LS to 25 now that we dont get AD is exagerated. Too long missions for too low xp incoming. I had a few LS20 on some alters and though at least i can make then 24 and get the reso bags but the time it takes is so long i rather farm then at WoD.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Once you get to level 21, the process speeds up (500xp Training task for 8 hours) and even more so at 23 (Guard Young Nobles: 250 xp for 4 hours) -- as long as you can reset professions regularly.

Level 18 - 21 is the long slog, but speeds up a lot after 21. I think it took me about 2 weeks to go from 21 to 25, and right now there's no reason to rush to 25.