test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Preview

crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'm a fairly newer player and wanted to comment that I was a bit surprised to find out that there is no item Preview functionality in the game. I've been looking at the Robes of the Arcane Wanderer but without knowing how they will look, I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Google searches and the wiki provide little results in the firm of images of the item skins in the game.

This seems like a pretty doable addition that I would love to see added to the game.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I agree, I would love to have this (and to not have to have the item in your inventory to see what they look like!)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    This has been one of my favourite features in WoW in the past and would really help customizing characters' appearance making many people look more unique... would definitely LOVE to have this implemented in the game. Saying this, I also encourage Cryptic to introduce more apperance customization stuffs into the Zen store, I am sure many ppl would love to make their character look stylish! :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    icyphish said:

This has been one of my favourite features in WoW in the past and would really help customizing characters' appearance making many people look more unique... would definitely LOVE to have this implemented in the game. Saying this, I also encourage Cryptic to introduce more apperance customization stuffs into the Zen store, I am sure many ppl would love to make their character look stylish! :)

That would be great, I have no problem paying for style, just not as much for stats.
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    It's not like the feature doesn't exist. While you're leveling, whenever you pick up gear from the chests at the end of the lairs you get an item preview.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Agreed. At least with Companions there is the "inspect" option, which previews their look and it even works on the Auction House (right-click the companion icon and choose Inspect). They badly need this for all gear, weapons, and fashion.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    also i just want to add, with appearance window, i cant see back side, it always tooooooo dark, it like we are in dark room with poorly lit rooms.
    come on devs! appearance window should be in "city shops", not trying to hide in dark corners....

by the way, eq2's dress windows are still the best for viewing what your gears will look like, and it is pretty bright enough to see full details of front and back.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    just another costing that shouldnt be in the game. Considering now more then ever.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I agree arcofortep above, that 50k charge is too much. I still wish you could preview something from a merchant or auction house before buying.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'll do a Google image search to see if there are any pictures of the [item] before buying/slotting it.

And 50k AD is certain too steep a price to transmute items... especially in today's economy and with how butt-ugly the gear gets, the higher you go in level.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79