test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] How do I make my UI show like this?

romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum

twitch.tv/vibrenium has his/her UI with inventory and power window open like this. This is insane, how do I achieve this? I need this in my life.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Escape / Rearrange HUD.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

Any place where we can meet up and I can give you a hug for this?
    There's nothing here that is an exploit - it's not some tricky misuse of the UI and it's not doing anything that is clearly an unintended consequence. If Cryptic doesn't want people to use the GenAddWindow command, they'd disable it. You can't use that to trigger powers, just more quickly toggle them out, it's identical to as if you had the Power dialog screen open is all, except this way you don't have to actually have that screen open...
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Is there anyway to rearrange this bar? I noticed if I respec and put points in new powers, everything gets shifted across, but I can't actually move it or anything
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As far as I'm aware, this is allowed, but I will ask @StrumSlinger when I talk to him and double check. Pretty sure it's fine though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I tried this last night.. couldn't drag powers from the "power bar" to the appropriate slots.. plus, it showed a lot of stuff that was irrelevant, like "Signpost".

I don't see an advantage to it.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @instynctive try right click with drag and drop. Left clicking it doesn't work.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    This is very useful! Is there a way to get artifacts which are stored in our bag onto this tray so we can quickly switch between active artifacts?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Another thing to point out -- you have to add that frame every time you restart the GameClient. Saving the UI doesn't save that added window frame, it just saves the position of the HUD after you've moved it around to compensate for the frame at the bottom. Oh, and yes, you have to right click, not left click, to move powers. Also, you can also use your Shared Bank, since the bar doesn't see stuff in there. Also, your VIP powers take up slots on there too... overall it's a little clunky to work with, but definitely useful in some situations. I personally find it useful to turn on only for DDs and then turn it back off otherwise since it's a pain in the butt to use. You can keybind it so it's easy to turn on and off.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I spoke to Andy (StrumSlinger) about this. He is extremely busy this week, so he didn't have time to comment here personally, but he says this is not exploiting and is totally fine to do. Just so the people who were asking about it have some peace of mind.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • stano11stano11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is there a way to rearange skills within this tray. Cant move any slot, just put out all the pots, so i have my main/wanted skills visible, but still have lot of unusefull stuff there e.g. teleport/kill/summon vendor/summon postal portal/summon salvage anvil.....