test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

20-Sided Die crashes the game every time

icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
The 20-Sided Die available from the Wondrous Bazaar store crashes my game every time I use it.
I get the rolling animation and at the point the number should come up the game crashes.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I tried to reproduce this, but failed. I was able to roll every number without fail.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Perhaps it's something with my configuration that will be nightmarishly hard to track down then.
    For the record the most recent crash is Error Ticket ID 33753326 via the crash reporter.

I will play with my graphics settings some and see if I can figure anything out.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    When the die was first released, this was also reported by one person. However, no one that I remember was ever able to reproduce it then either. There must be some other factor involved, so I must ask: could you be extremely specific in the steps to reproduce it? E.G. hotkeys, placement, where you're at, does it happen everywhere, and so on.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Well, I started the game in Safe Mode and the die worked fine. Gradually brought my graphics settings all the way up and it kept working. I've now restored the Display and Graphic settings to what they originally were (as captured by screenshot...) and it still works. So it may forever be a mystery. :/

As an aside, when the die first came out it would sometimes crash the game when used. I've since re-installed Neverwinter on a different drive but I probably haven't tried to use the die in a long time. (And the original drive died so I can't pull any information about the old installation.)