What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The VIP program

2»

Comments

• Options
    cairnthul13cairnthul13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would remove the hp buffs from pvp and maybe increase the hp gain for pve. That would be fair against other pvp players and would make dungeons for vip groups easier. Known players from big guilds are forced to buy the vip to get the +2k hp in order to build a vip premade which get 10k hp and 10k hp is just too high for pvp sorry..pvp is already very unbalanced ...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Per account and per character are the claim limits.

Something listed as per character may be claimed on every character while something listed per account is limited by the account.

It clearly says you may only claim one key per day per account. It absolutely is not one key per character otherwise they would have labeled it as per character...
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I've spent a total of 10 dollars on this game over the past few years. Been here since beta :3
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Instead of HP bonus they could've make it a: reduces dmg taken from all monsters by "X" %.

Also if you look how last promo with companions went you can expect some nasty surprises, like the discount from the bazar might be only for 1 item per month... and so on.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Per account and per character are the claim limits.

Something listed as per character may be claimed on every character while something listed per account is limited by the account.

It clearly says you may only claim one key per day per account. It absolutely is not one key per character otherwise they would have labeled it as per character...

That's still not clear. Per character could mean you could claim it on every character on your account OR
    you can claim it on any of your character but just on that one character then it's over.

What would Seven of Nine say..... oh yeah: Inconclusive...

JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I don't know how you are not finding that clear....

Per character is quite clearly claimable on EVERY CHARACTER. I didn't need to ask whether that is the way it works or not.

Since there's only one thing which is per account let me make this really simple...
    The key is once per day on your entire account. If you have one character you get one key. If you have a thousand characters you get one key.
    Everything else is given to every character you own. Clear?

If you go back and read the article again it is quite simple to follow that. As theycallmetomu said there really is only one way to read it. One key per day. The rest is given to every single character you own.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    does this come to XB1 when strongholds comes to XB1? not sure why this needs to be tied to any mod release.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    They probably want to see how introduction of it affects zen purchases, and if it ups zen purchases, they'll implement it on XBox as well.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Forget the KEY. That's once per account per day. We get that.

Does this mean, if we have, say 5 characters and we want the all to get all the other bonuses OTHER THAN THAT ONE KEY PER ACCOUNT PER DAY, that we have to buy this 5 times - one for each character because Per Character means only the one character that opens the VIP box. OR will we only have to buy it ONE TIME and the bonuses are given out to Per Character across your whole account?
    Everything else is given to every character you own. Clear?

If you go back and read the article again it is quite simple to follow that. As theycallmetomu said there really is only one way to read it. One key per day. The rest is given to every single character you own.

It isn't clear from the article and no, it can be read both ways. That's why I'm seeking official clarification.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    If it is per character and doesn't have to be claimed them it is applied automatically to all of your characters.
    If you have to claim it you must claim it on every character or the benefit is lost.
    If it wasn't claimable on every character than the bonus would have been listed as PER ACCOUNT just like the key...

Quite clearly stated as such in the article.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,293 Arc User
    What does "All active companions earn 20% XP (summoned earns 100%)" mean?

I thought active companion earn 0 XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Ok... the claimable benefits have to be claimed on a given character or that character doesn't get that benefit. That doesn't tell me whether I'd have to buy 5 VIP boxes for 5 characters or only 1. You might be right - this could be an account unlock - meaning the benefits are available to all characters on your account with one single purchase. But. That is NOT clear in the article. Nowhere does it actually say "You only need to buy this one time per account because all benefits apply to all characters except where noted as Once Per Account"

Instead, this could mean the benefit applies per character you BUY the item for
    OR
    It could mean Per Every Character on your account.

I simply want official clarification so I can shut about it :)
  • Options
    Kvet...I've asked the question which shouldn't have had to be asked...just for you....

Everything I have said thus far is correct. Per character is PER CHARACTER. Every character on the account gets the benefit otherwise it would have been listed as PER ACCOUNT.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2015
    VIP rank is account-wide. If you buy the pack on one character, another character on the same account will have the same benefits. I've also added into the blog that every summonable thing can be used by players around you.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    mrgiggles65mrgiggles65 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Even at 5 people, it's only +10000 HP. That's definitely significant, but if something's one shotting you, not sure how much difference 10000 HP is gonna make.
    Wait for Stronghold PvP. Or even GG.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Sorry I misread and caused anger in the mods. I read it fast and wrong.
  • Options
    VIP rank is account-wide. If you buy the pack on one character, another character on the same account will have the same benefits. I've also added into the blog that every summonable thing can be used by players around you.
    Kvet...I've asked the question which shouldn't have had to be asked...just for you....

Everything I have said thus far is correct. Per character is PER CHARACTER. Every character on the account gets the benefit otherwise it would have been listed as PER ACCOUNT.

Thanks :) sorry to be a pain, but this a big deal (that most of us knew was coming at some point) and I wanted to make sure I was absolutely crystal clear. I have 18 toons and add more all the time... so it really did matter to me :) But, thanks again - I can shut up now!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    If you have any more questions, you know you'll have my attention in my Reddit AMA that starts like, now.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    I asked last week during the Strongholds stream if there were any plans for a subscription or ViP program & the answer was a very resounding NO.

Lies lies lies....wish I had listened to myself way back when you were handing out in game rewards for "surviving" exploits & rollbacks. This game is a disaster of geographical proportions with no end to the depths they will go to open your wallet.

Yup. Bad Karma.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    If you asked if there were any plans for a "subscription" model then the answer is and remains no.

This is not a subscription. No content is locked behind a pay wall or anything of the sort. There's a fair number of perks to make life a little easier for players but not only is all the content is still 100% free to play but this "subscription" plan can be aquired by free players via AD via the Zen Exchange.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I'm totally open to a VIP program, or even a sub.
    I just don't want to give $ then get screwed.
    Do I get my leadership gateway back?

I know it sounds dumb but I'd pay more then I'd get back in game to get my leadership gateway back.
    I enjoyed doing that at work...
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    That's a good spin. I've sadly seen a LOT of spin the past few months... like the "more rewarding XP system", which honestly is more frustrating, not more rewarding.

So this non-subscription subscription is a "thing" you buy from the zen store? This isn't a "hey, since you dropped $100 on zen, you get these bonuses now" sort of thing? This would be *in addition to* my purchase of a bag of holding and a new companion?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    Thanks for removing a post for no reason, guess my return visit to Neverwinter is done again due to your awful moderation.

Just be glad you are not a mod. It seems they have been tasked with defending the indefensible.
    It probably hurts them too.
  • Options
    Leadership gateway is not a perk nor are there plans for it to be a perk of the VIP Program.

Yes, this is purchased from the Zen Store and gives you perks for the period of time that you are a VIP member. It is more akin to buying potions to make life easier in some other subscription based games than an actual subscription. You're not paying for content, you are paying to make life a bit easier with some guaranteed return on investment via enchanted keys.
  • Options
    You're not paying for content, you are paying to make life a bit easier with some guaranteed return on investment via enchanted keys.

A payment for a guaranteed fixed period of advantage over those who have not paid.
    Yep. That's a subscription.
    Seriously. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of games do it. Just call it what it is instead of denying it.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Respectfully, Ambi.. it's a subscription.

I have NO problems laying out cash for a subscription, especially if that means Cryptic can hire on some more devs to work on the lag, bugs, bots, exploits and the Foundry. Seriously.. if that's what the company needs, then I'm happy to support it.

But for the love of all that's holy, let's call a spade a spade.

I have great respect for you and Andy, and I know that you have to toe the company line, but handing us an tangerine and saying "technically, it's an orange" has only angered a lot of people. I'm stamping out fires in my guild right this moment in-game. Lots of upset people.

Sorry. It's getting tough to remain positive. The Mod 6 fiasco, the changes to invoking, the nerfs, the XP bomb... it's getting tough.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This is a very bad idea and a disturbing trend, 'vip' non-sub sub that offers benefits (like team HP bonus), mounts with stats, interesting trend towards a type of something that should not be mentioned. Must be hard up for cash if they are adding a non-sub sub. All those money-grubbing browser/mobile MMOs you see all over the place do this kind of thing. Do you really want to associate with the trailer trash of MMOs that are the browser and mobile games?

What this boils down to is a con game and it isn't worth it at Cryptic's over-inflated prices.

That team HP bonus is also not cool, that should not be there at all.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    If you wish to discuss the VIP pack announcement, please do so here so that we may keep feedback in a centralized thread. Thank you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    I've played a lot of MMO's in my time and payed for a lot of subscriptions. The universal truth of them is that subscriptions always unlock content. There are varying subscription rewards based on how long you have subscribed and such which is what a VIP program is but this is really not a subscription as no content is unlocked.

This is more akin to a "pay to make content easier" potion than a subscription model when you compare to to other subscriptions. Extra gold gain and easier content but no content which was not readily available without the "subscription."

I do not have to tout the company banner. I call it as I see it. When you have to pay to access dungeons then I will say that the game has gone freemium with a subscription plan but this is not that. This is a bundle or minor perks which last for a limited time.

You're free to feel otherwise but it's a semantics deal at that point like Pay to Win. If you ask a hundred people you'll get a hundred answers but unlike Pay to Win you can compare what is offered here to other actual "subscriptions" as the industry has defined them and you really won't be able to argue them as comprable other than the fact it is asking for payments to be given every month.
This discussion has been closed.