test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150722a.2

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Guardian Fighter: Remove the 'Weak' floating text when hit with Tide of Iron.
  • Hunter Ranger: Stillness of the Forest will no longer display Critical Chance incorrectly on your Character Sheet. This was a display issue only.
  • Oathbound Paladin: Shielding Strike's tooltip now properly lists its estimated damage.

Content and Environment
  • Added information on the Steward regarding rewards granted from enemies in the world and heroic encounters.
  • Stronghold environment lighting and skies have received a polish update.
  • Stronghold environments have been improved and received updated propping.
  • Moved the Owlbears from the Owlbear challenge away from the fallen tree.
  • Challenge: Argemius the Cyclops: Fixed typos and lack of waypoint in the mission.
  • Undead Giants Heroic Encounter: Fixed an issue where the health bar for the two giants would draw forever once a player entered combat.
  • Added clarification to all challenge missions that the enemies are within the Stronghold.
  • All Washed Up: Chests no longer vanish when players click on them, multiple players can interact with the same chest at one time.
  • Changed the interact for the Free Sample: Overload Gem quest to be a chest.
  • Fixed an issue where the Undead Giants would stack upon each other.
  • Increased the interact distance on the Coffer."
  • Lowered the drop rate of Voucher items (Stolen Treasures)
  • Overload Enchantments: Updated/fixed some of the text in the mission.
  • Removed Superior Healing Potion as a reward from the Heroic Encounters.
  • Removed the daily quest to defeat Tiamat.
  • Supply Pick Up: Quest can no longer be shared, and can be picked up again if it is dropped.
  • Stronghold plot border colission no longer shows splats

Enemies
  • Fiery Pit: Lowered Vanifer and Jaka's damage.

Items and Economy
  • Dungeon Seals
  • The number of Seals of the Elements contained in a Cache of the Elements has been increased from 50 to 80.
  • The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 15 to 25.
  • The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 25 to 30.
  • The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in non-epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 10 to 20.
  • The number of Seals of the Elements that drop from bosses in non-epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 20 to 30.
  • The number of Seals of the Protector contained in a Cache of the Protector has been increased from 40 to 60.
  • The number of Seals of the Protector that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 2 to 10.
  • The number of Seals of the Protector that drop from bosses in epic dungeons and skirmishes has been increased from 4 to 20."
  • Indomitable Runestone: This runestone will now use the magnitude of the damage inflicted by your companion to calculate the damage done. As a result of this change only one Indomitable Runestone will apply. If multiple are slotted the game will use the highest rank.
  • Minor Mark of Potency can now be searched
  • Rewards from Domination PvP/Gauntlgrym are now much more likely for your class and the drop rates have increased based on your end of match scoring. Starting at a 100% chance for a rare item for you class at 1st place to a 40% to a random uncommon item at 5th place (10th in GG).
  • Stronghold Shards of Power now all stack to 999.
  • Stronghold Vouchers are now all bind on pickup.
  • The Outfitter now has icons for his various dialogue options to be more readable at a glance.

User Interface
  • Companions will now list all of their powers.
  • Stronghold coffers have received another update for usability.
  • Tactical powers that you toggle on (Block, Sprint, Shadow Slip) now have a bright border around their tray icon when the power is on. Additionally, for the Guardian Fighter, the HUD block bar art now has a pulsing glow in its center icon when you are blocking.
  • The "You have unread messages" alert on the HUD is accurate.
  • Updated the multiple boss bar layout and made minor improvements.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This will be on Preview shortly.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    WOW. You guys have been busy. THANK YOU.

Does the "coffer update" include a fix to the AD glitch?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Thank you x 1000 for the seal changes. I think Strongholds is going to perk the interests of players in my community looking to come back, and the seal changes are going to make it so much easier to get these people ready to rock at level 70.

Please don't adjust these down again.

And speaking of adjusting, maybe easing the curve from 60-70 would help, as well :smile:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    What about the glitch listing the AD requirements to build the farm being nearly 1000 times what the coffer can hold? This is preventing anyone from progressing if they did not manage to build the farm before the last patch.
  • Options
    s1ngers1nger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »
    This will be on Preview shortly.
    Good patch, but you when you fix a T.Terror? Enchant reduce 20% power and 20% defence, not 40%. And what about T.Feytouched, have no cooldown. Thanks.
  • Options
    rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Well done.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    juleadream wrote: »
    What about the glitch listing the AD requirements to build the farm being nearly 1000 times what the coffer can hold? This is preventing anyone from progressing if they did not manage to build the farm before the last patch.

some1 didn't fully read the patch notes

Read them in complete detail, three times. That issue was not specifically mentioned, only "Stronghold coffers have received another update for usability." Hoping it includes a fix, but that statement is too vague to be certain it was addressed.

p.s.
    Not to be a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but it's "someONE", not "some1" :P
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Really nice those changes to seal of protector .
    Keep up the work.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Can u still think about increasing the rewards in t2 dungeons such as a bind of aquire Greater mark of potency with a 30% chance?
  • Options
    marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    Thank you for all the fixes! Just one thing:

Undead Giants Heroic Encounter: Fixed an issue where the health bar for the two giants would draw forever once a player entered combat.

This is a problem not only related to that encounter, I found it in other HE as well as eLoL. Hope the fix works on everything :)

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Interesting changes. Looks pretty good.
    Enemies
    • Spinward Rise: Lowered Vanifer and Jaka's damage.

This fight is in Firey Pit
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    To clarify:

YES. The AD glitch has been fixed.. as has may other little "tweaks" that have really made the whole SH area (to include the keep) really kind of "pop".

Kudos to the dev team, @panderus .. you guys are really doing a superb job.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    To clarify:

YES. The AD glitch has been fixed.. as has may other little "tweaks" that have really made the whole SH area (to include the keep) really kind of "pop".

Thanks, we are pretty happy with this module so far.

Also, Becky, thanks, I updated the notes. I was thinking of those lightning twins.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    teribad15 wrote: »
    To clarify:

Also, Becky, thanks, I updated the notes. I was thinking of those lightning twins.
    maybe its time to fix GWF weapon clipping issues alrdy?

Can you get off it already? It's an art issue that probably takes A LOT more redesign then it warrants. Just go to the tower of alteration and make a thick GWF like you're suppose and stop buggery the devs with this.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Any chance we can get the Seals changes pushed to Live before Strongholds go live?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    To clarify:

Can you get off it already? It's an art issue that probably takes A LOT more redesign then it warrants. Just go to the tower of alteration and make a thick GWF like you're suppose and stop buggery the devs with this.
    nope.
    and yes moving greatsword position on GWF back by few degrees so it doesnt go through body and legs anymore must be so freakin hard to do.

Depending on how it's modeled, yes. It could mean redoing the entire model.

Which isn't worth their time. They have enough stuff on their plate as is.

i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    To clarify:

I will speak to the art team and see if there's anything we can do about this issue, at the very least, if it is a more difficult fix, and something that we won't be able to resolve in the foreseeable future, we can let you know.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would guess that the issues with the tiefling tails and horns would be a much more difficult fix. But as I prefer tieflings I would not mind seeing it eventually fixed too.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Nicely done... I can't wait to play it.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Can u still think about increasing the rewards in t2 dungeons such as a bind of aquire Greater mark of potency with a 30% chance?

Yea the T1's at least have artifact drops that can be sold.

• Options
    ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Plz, you devs should consider giving refinement stones as rewards in Domination matches. It's rewards are pretty not impressive.
This discussion has been closed.