test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Search for assets

shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I propose we have another option at Tarmalune trade house (commonly known as "Auction House" or "AH"), in the "Professions" tab: "Assets" to search for all profession assets.

Currently we have the following search options: All Professions, Alchemy, Platesmithing, Mailsmithing, Leadership, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Artificing, Weaponsmithing, Jewelcrafting, Black Ice Shaping, Event, Profession Packs.

If you want to search for profession assets today you have to single out every profession and filter out lots of materials you may not be interest in or you may name the asset one by one resulting in many needless search queries.

By having a dedicated search for assets we may filter this specific search more effectively and that might even speed up database performance. If we are to give more attention to crafting one day, that may be a good change for the better, without really doing any impact on the economy while introducing ease of use for all players who use the Auction House.

Picture related:

Dxmqw6b.png

Your thoughts?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For tools, you can fudge it by filtering the broad category by quality and use the appropriate keyword of iron/steel/mithril.

Agreed, workers is a (minor) pain.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I'm not sure what exactly this improves.

If you are looking for tools for a particular profession, just type in the name of the tool, and use the advanced Quality selection to choose rarity. There are only 3 tool types for each profession, and looking at the wiki or your profession task list will give you the names.

As for workers, except for leadership the non-white workers' names are a variation on the profession -- e.g., for Alchemy it is Alchemist, Master Alchemist, and Grandmaster Alchemist -- so just search on "Alchemist", and choose Quality.

I guess in Mod 7 this would speed things up if you want to buy workers from the AH to donate to the Labor coffer, and want to search for the cheapest available at any given rank.
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Exactly. But as I stated before, the new tab would work as the other tabs work, by doing a search over all professions, not only Platesmith or Alchemy but all of them. I know that you can just put the specific name of what you want, my point is, we dont want to do that.

By that logic we would only ever need one category. For instance I could just search for "Cruel Ring" and I wouldnt need the "ring" category. Yet we do use them because it makes our lives easier. Besides if I did not know the name of the item I would never be able to search it by name. It is not so simple. Specially for new players.

Even if you actually know the name of the item itself, the category would still be useful for iterating for a whole category of itens properly instead of searching for all items in the database and then eliminating superfluous by yourself. Suppose you have two characters and you want one to focus on one profession while the other focuses on another. How would you decide which is which or even jump start your goals? If you can get better and easier insights on the market while also not having to figure out every single item you may want, that is a good thing isnt it?