test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank You for Removing the Coupons! (Invoking Bags)

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I know this change is meaningless to some players, but it actually lifted my spirits! :)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."

Comments

• karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    They are not removed they decreased the drop rate.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    still wastes less inventory space(overflow problems)

now if only these bags would stack and drop stuff thats bound to acc..., but i doubt they will ever stack since they want ppl to impulse buy from coupons not save them
    Paladin Master Race
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i should say thanks to what exactly? if i want something i probably need to pay full price.
    yai thanks.
    people these days
  • MisfitsMisfits Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i should say thanks to what exactly? if i want something i probably need to pay full price.
    yai thanks.
    people these days

wow, thought i was the only one who loved the random coupons
    Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    yai thanks.

people these days

When you are a casual player, not a whale, and have limited inventory space (like me and some other players), this IS a good thing. I was offering MY thanks because of MY play style.

You were not asked to agree with my opinions. You can simply say something along the lines of, "I actually liked the coupons" like Misfits did instead of the load of sarcasm.

"People these days" appears to diminish my interests and opinions.

We all have different opinions . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited July 2015
    no its the whole point wrong. the bag stacks, the coupon even go in your overload bag. it was an easy way to do like 30k daily ads. free things are never bad and people complaining about free things...what should i say...

btw they removed them not to please you but because it was reducing incomes.

btw2.0 what is reducing bag space is rp by praying.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think 25% drop chance is a pretty solid compromise between always and never. If you're invoking on a lot of alts, you're still going to get a fair number of coupons, just not all the time. Be patient. You almost never have to pay full price on anything if you're patient, unless the store item you want is temporary.

Honestly, I enjoyed it while I lasted, but I was definitely getting nickel-and-dimed to death on refinement and key purchases.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    indeed key discount is mana from the sky! free tarma bars
    edited July 2015
    no its the whole point wrong. the bag stacks, the coupon even go in your overload bag. it was an easy way to do like 30k daily ads. free things are never bad and people complaining about free things...what should i say...

"the coupon even go in your overload bag."

Wrong - they only go into "overload" if your inventory is full - and a full inventory DISALLOWS invoking in the first place. The coupons and bags I was getting from invoking were filling what little bag space I have left across all of my characters.

"people complaining about free things...what should I say..."
    As I stated above, I am a casual player. This means that I rarely use coupons as I don't spend regular money on the game, although I did tend to spend about $20/month on it (until recently). If something does not agree with ym specific playing style, I have a valid point for MY personal reasons. It does not apply to everyone, nor did I say this applied to everyone else's play style. I was offering thanks to a change that was good for ME. Can you understand this at all?

"btw they removed them not to please you but because it was reducing incomes."
    Yes, I figured they did not remove them to "please me." I never claimed that they did it to please me, did I? Read my comments carefully. I never said, "Thanks for listening to my complaints and changing this." As I stated before, and I shall repeat myself for posterity, I was simply offering thanks for something that helped ME and others that have similar playing styles.

"btw2.0 what is reducing bag space is rp by praying."
    Now this is something on which we both agree! Too many combinations of the same type of RP (unbound, character-bound, and account-bound) is becoming a huge inventory killer for everyone, especially for those of us who save RP for the double RP weekends . . .

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited July 2015

The bag does not stack. If it does, nobody will complain at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited July 2015
    I am annoyed by the first world problems this community has. You get literally money for free and if you doesn't want it you can discard it within a few seconds.
    This is not a problem. We have severe problems in the game that need to be fixed.
    plat.png
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    With each of my toons... and each time I invoked... I got coupons. One toon 6 times and 3 toons 2 times each
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    karakla1 wrote: »
    I am annoyed by the first world problems this community has. You get literally money for free and if you doesn't want it you can discard it within a few seconds.
    This is not a problem. We have severe problems in the game that need to be fixed.

Sigh. This was a simple THANK YOU for something that benefited MY playing style. Nothing more, nothing less.

All I can saw is "Wow!"

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    With each of my toons... and each time I invoked... I got coupons. One toon 6 times and 3 toons 2 times each

That's 2 per day for the 6x invoker and only 1 for the rest. The coupons are/were in the refinement bags which you get for invoke #s 2 and 4. They don't come straight from invoking.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    karakla1 wrote: »

so exactly what can i do with coupons for free ?

its like those annoying morons dropping all kinds of coupon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your mailbox IRL, though offer to break their fingers usually solves the problems
    Paladin Master Race
    For example, storage a specific amount of bags in your inventory and/or bank. IF you have AD transfered to Zen and want something out of the shop open the bags and you have a high probability to get the right coupon making the purchase cheaper (15-40%).
    If you don't want it, discard it. Takes around 3 seconds per coupon. 6 seconds per day and character or leave it in the inventory and it expire automatically, i mean, even if you have a lot of alts for invocation and professions you should have two spare slots for it where these kind of items can expire (normaly an alt has 48 inventory slots+16 bank slots, 78 bag slots if you have already the dragonborn pack, i can't imagine that storage is a real problems on alts).
    Or simply buy a bigger bag you could use a coupon to get the bag cheaper. This is not a real problem.

Abilities from Paladin and Guardian Fighter synergize with each other and generate DPS beyond imagination and insta kill monsters, that's a problem.
    Or monster insta kill the party because of miscalculated combat advantage or defense, that is a problems.
    Constant lags and delays from the server, that is a problem.
    No basic RP income for artifact weapons, that is a problem.

But this request is simply dumb because some people are incapable to manage their inventory.
    plat.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Temporarily closed until after my shows when I can cleanse this.

Folks, its one thing to have an opinion of your own, it is an entirely different thing to berate another person for theirs. The latter is that such commentary should be refrained from. If one cannot convey their opinions and feedback without being insulting or otherwise rude, then please do not post on our forums. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.