test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rival Adventure Party

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
For the D&D lore experts I have question I have been curious about for some time now, the rival adventure parties that one encounters in Malabog and Cragmire, is there a story to these characters ? And if they exist in the D&D lore, are they evil ?(unless it is normal for rival parties to start fighting each other in dungeons).

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have only killed both of them a couple times. But I have wondered that myself... maybe they are fighting us because they want all of the loot?

IDK... it would be nice to know.

And is it the same party both times? I have never looked and recorded the names... though I know many of you have.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There are at least 3 places where you can fight Samulkin Farcaster. He is not always a tiefling, and his companions in the Ebon Downs temple instance are different than his usual adventuring party.

The CC and MC parties are the same from a quick Youtube perusal of the optional MC fight. They also show up as NPCs at the summer and winter festival, but that's for drinking, not fighting.

As for whether they're canonical characters... nah. What often happens is that devs name NPCs after their P&P characters, and I figure that's probably the case here.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia