test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150618a.5

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
  • Sharandar: The following Sharandar instance quests no longer require three daily Sharandar quests to be completed before they can be taken: Root of the Problem, Trouble Brewing, Tower of Celadaine.
  • Spinward Rise: Nimbus Tower: The cutscene for Cirrus Skyseeker should now play once for the entire party instead of once for each individual who enters the room.

Items and Econonomy
  • Death Slaad: Active Companion Bonus poison damage will now be resistible and cannot be applied faster than once per second. The damage over time's duration will also be a static 10 seconds.
  • Invocation: Lowering the coupon drop rate from Invocation bags to 25% from 100%.
  • Transcendent Terror and Vorpal Enchantments: Now properly reduce the targets defense instead of increasing it.

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is going to Preview right now.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Arise Vorpal Enchantment, arise!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Where do you pick up Root of the Problem quest? The usual guy does not have it, and the guy with the keys doesn't have it, and he is not offering me a key. I think this is not working right now.

Trouble Brewing is working as expected, but Root of the Problem quest isn't there. The Tower of Celadaine quest is working too. Just can't get Root of the Problem. That's a problem.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    [...]
    Items and Econonomy
      [...]
    • Transcendent Terror and Vorpal Enchantments: Now properly reduce the targets defense instead of increasing it.

Does this fix include the Pure ones, too? I presume so, but asking is better and costs nothing.

Also, what about Plague Fire?
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    The barkshield fix didn't make to the build?
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.

• dasfkjskadasfkjska Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »

Haha. I'm still waiting for the promised GWF buffs, which should went live after some weeks of mod6!

GWF is strong enough! Just use Lostmouth and you're done. Think about TR. We are ******** atm.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    I'm glad the coupons weren't completely removed from the invoke bag. It's a good source for a discount rather than praying and hoping one will randomly drop in the game world.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dasfkjska wrote: »
    GWF is strong enough! Just use Lostmouth and you're done. Think about TR. We are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> atm.

I'm playing Neverwinter pvp, what game are u playing?

ROFL - This ^^

Would have liked to see barkshield fixed but I can wait. Thanks Panderus (et al).

I aim to misbehave
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Haha. I'm still waiting for the promised GWF buffs, which should went live after some weeks of mod6!
    Panderus came out a ways back (weeks) saying that the GWF was good where it was, per the Devs perspective and that no changes were forthcoming.

Also, they weren't "promised" they said they were looking into GWFs...

Apparently they are doing fine from there perspective. They certainly are grand in PvE, and PvP they are solid IMO. :)

va8Ru.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.

What's wrong with GWF? I don't even use Lostmauth set and my GWF is working pretty well this mod. Probably the best it's ever been, in terms of survivability and DPS.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • leander21278leander21278 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Boo! Chicken legendary bonus still not fixed!
    metalldjt wrote: »
    kreatyve wrote: »

What's wrong with GWF? I don't even use Lostmauth set and my GWF is working pretty well this mod. Probably the best it's ever been, in terms of survivability and DPS.

yes and no.

we have only 1 paragon that is worth going both pve and pvp.
    while base damage is really low, the difference from having no stacks and having stacks is way to huge
    we have like this
    instigator grants only 50% damage bonus
    destroyer grants alot of damage feats towards ibs/takedown + 50/2% from focused destroyer (destroyer feat) + DESTROYER CAPSTONE 50% = OF OVER 100% DMG BONUS
    sentinel doesn't offer anything in matter of damage bonus.

so against you are a community moderator, but dont say that your gwf is in a good place, because he isn't.

we need a normal GWF that deals at some point a normal damage
    but each paragon should have it's own role and play style.

like intimidation from sentinel should brought back, because it had the burst with no need for stacking, its a different style.
    but we need limited damage, and not huge spikes, thats what it's making it bad as a class.

the surviability that the gwf have in pvp , and that is what is important tbh.

is 1 trans. negation/feytouch = without this 2 we are squishy in difference to other classes.
    its tankier? yes it is, it's tankier than it was in mod5, but harder to play (i am not complaining about being harder).
    either way, there are certain buffs that needs to be done, and u can unlock 3 different ways of play the GWF, but for some reason i cannot be heard.

Ok, I do see your point on this.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    This is going to Preview right now.

Any chance we can get back to a week's lead on the patches for Preview so that folks can have a couple of days to check things out and then you have a couple of days to fix bugs like "cannot get the quest anymore"?

Not sure why you want that; as described here that Barkshield is just as useless as the current Barkshield.

My DC has 90k HP and my OP has 120k and a base DR of 47%. The OP still gets 1 shot. A Barkshield that adds a few k of HP is irrelevant.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Did some testing on the (pure) Terror - this looks good: Damage and effectiveness as purveyed by ACT are 15% +/- higher than on live currently. So, it seems you flipped the right switch...

Can't say anything re. Vorpal, don't have any high ones.

Thanks for finally tackling that.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Wait till mod10!
    They were overbuffed in mod6.

Highest weapon dmg, highest self buffs in game. 500k-1million+ dmg from buffed encounters...

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    A few things real quick:

Getting more lead time for the builds on Preview: Yes, it will be a primary goal over the course of the coming months. We played more catchup and had more builds released than we desired. Slowing down as we go into the new module to prepare will give us more breathing room.

Root of the Problem: Good catch, thanks for finding that. We have a fix for it that we did not have time to get into a build for this week.

Vorpal/Terror: Yes, this will work for the Pure versions as well.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Getting more lead time for the builds on Preview: Yes, it will be a primary goal over the course of the coming months. We played more catchup and had more builds released than we desired. Slowing down as we go into the new module to prepare will give us more breathing room.

Thanks, that's actually quite reassuring
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

No, my survivability is substantially lower than mod5 (well geared, but not BIS). My damage is outstanding, but only because I play destroyer (with a good build & gear). If I wanted to Instigator or Sent, it would truly suck to be a GWF.
This discussion has been closed.