NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magic: Legends Shutting down..............WHY?

I think this is a travesty! I have been excited since hearing about the beta so I could play. When I was able to play I thought the game was done very well and enjoy playing it. I truly think that you guys should really reconsider shutting this game down. Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance just came out for PS4 and I pre-ordered it after playing it for about two hours yesterday I would much rather play Magic: Legends then Dark Alliance! I think you guys are making a mistake!

Comments

• azazael#3639 azazael Posts: 9
    edited June 2021

It looks like forum access is gone, too. The link to this forum on the is missing on the Arc page now.

• and if you click the home button at top of this page... no items are found.

i guess its time to say bye friends, was fun!

!b

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233
    edited June 2021

shame... and we just finally got a good event that gave me hope for the future.

I guess they just didn't feel like fixing everything was worth the investment.

• dolane97#5711 dolane97 Posts: 35
    edited June 2021

Seriously guys....?

This game was good, it just needed some more time and braveryyyyy, please reconsider your decision!

• gormenghast1gormenghast1 Posts: 40

So much potential wasted. Thanks for the few months we could enjoy the game and good luck for your future endeavours to all the developement studio, your work didn't deserve such an early death.

• I just started playing a few days ago and I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly love this game! I'm so sad I just found out its closing :(

• WTH... I came on to see why I couldn't buy Zen that I was going to use to buy Aether for spell upgrading. Why are they pullign the plug???

• If I had to make a random guess, I'd think maybe they lost the license.

I wouldn't abandon a game this playable yet unfinished unless I was forced to.

• blurred#2756 blurred Posts: 53
    edited July 2021

I accept they are scrapping their efforts so far, but i'm missing a few lines from the FAQ they posted, namely:

Do you still hold the Magic the Gathering license?

Do you still have permission to develop a licensed Magic the Gathering product?

Do you plan to develop a different game based on the Magic the Gathering property?

and also like.. the most obvious one... " Why did you cancel Magic Legends?"

its funny... in this context published faqs vs true faqs as a phrase functions similarly to published facts vs true facts.

Post edited by blurred#2756 on
  • dificemandificeman Posts: 1

Wow I am way more surprised about people defending this game. It is no wonder it is shutting down. They refused to listen to feedback. Frankly very little about this game even feels like MTG. The only thing I can say is maybe if the company has a second chance in the future actually listen to feedback given.

• lykos#8182 lykos Posts: 19

As you may already know or have read, the game was shut down due to it being financially unsuccessful. Even as a player like me who was excited, I wasn't ready to just drop down $40 on the first off bundle. The content didn't appeal to me quiet yet. I ended up spending $40 on other stuff, but that's it it seems.

• It's nothing to do with WotC pulling the license because they were getting paid regardless of the game's success or lack there of, that's how licensing agreements work. I am a lawyer and I can tell you that the owners of the copyright and the production companies enter into a licensing agreement well in advance of actual production and the contract is usually several years long with certain stipulations. This was purely a financial decision and it's a very poorly thought out one at that. Nothing in the game was beyond repair. It was just a matter of time and the devs listening to feedback. Unfortunately, someone at corporate must have decided to pull the plug because they probably expected this deal to be a license for printing money given the popularity of MTG but they screwed things up and obviously decided to cut their losses and give up the rights rather than continue to pay the licensing fee which I am sure wasn't cheap, again given the popularity of the IP. It's also why they returned everyone's money: they can't keep the proceeds of a product for which they no longer hold a license and since they probably rescinded the original contract to avoid paying the licensing fee it would be as though they never had the license to being with.