NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Devs obsession with getting everyone to play black

Premium class - blue/black.

Last event - green/black.

This event - black.

Not to mention the utter disparity in power between decks that utilize black and those that don't.

Why are the devs pushing a very homogenous play environment?

Comments

• I've been complaining about that since launch. It's absolutely disheartening to play anything other than Black decks in terms of output but hate it from an aesthetic perspective.

• I started out playing black a lot and chose the necromancer. Now, I mainly play red/blue. Would like to see other spell colors, absolutely. But keep em dual colored I think.

• gormenghast1gormenghast1 Posts: 40

It's probably a choice related to the "Battlepass class" flavour. This time it's Dimir, so Black makes sense (although it could have been mixed a bit more with new blue cards).

My guess is that we'll see lots of white cards during a battlepass season featuring Boros or Azorius, lots of creatures during Golgari/Simic/Gruul and so on. I wouldn't speak of "obsessions" after so little time the game went live, seems more related to their long run plan of releasing new cards.

• pwnemesispwnemesis Posts: 5

I could almost ALMOST accept that, except the damn Battlepass season never seems to end.

• Black OP sounds like MTG to me lol

• gormenghast1gormenghast1 Posts: 40

3 more weeks, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting nearer.

• skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator
    edited June 2021

While black is being used a lot, I would say a lot of the "power" in decks comes from blue spells. Being able to draw a lot of cards and activate Suffocating Curiosity is where a lot of the power in the Dimir decks comes from.

I do feel this way though. I really want to play monored, but it's tough when Dimir is just so good.

(Edit just to clarify: All opinions are my own and do not represent Cryptic's thoughts, views, or plans on Magic: Legends)

• lykos#8182 lykos Posts: 19

TestTestTestTestTestTestTestTest