NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Testing on Linux OS

Please note: I am aware Linux OS is not supported by this game or Cryptic Studios... blah blah blah blah ... legal garbage. etc.

I downloaded beta yesterday and ran it on Windows 10, it crashed to desktop as soon as the tutorial started. I rebooted into Linux OS, verified files, removed Arc Launcher, and the game didn't crash. There are some "graphical" anomalies but I contribute these to the overlay converting DX3D to OpenGL. Audio seems to lag a bit on both Windows and Linux. For example, in the introduction I hear the voice in the darkness and get the subtitles a bit after they already spoke the line.

This game is playable on Linux OS, using the proper hardware. It is not very pretty. I have yet to test it with Steam's version of WINE, (I don't care much for Proton) but I will be running more tests at a later date. I will also post some results and side by side comparisons.

Comments

• Options
    blargskullblargskull Posts: 4

Today I installed Steam on Linux, I personally do not care for game launchers, but that is only my opinion. In order to set proton up for any non-steam game. I will be using the Settings menu, Steam Play, and turn on support for all titles. Select the highest version of Proton available.

I will post some in game results later.