NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For those of us that spent $100s of dollars trying to get Dmir Assassin

1235»

Comments

• self entitlement? I'm trying to get the refund for everyone who this effects. the assassin class will never see a refund as you can just sell your extra but the free class unlock that everyone else gets except for people who supported the game as well as the 1k less without any warning but now I'm being told that its from a hidden discount from the planeswalker bundle which I had unlocked already and am sure others had too. if this is true, we are even more entitled to a refund for that as its an error on their part. do us a favor and just stay tapped out. I didn't even tag you this time so if your reading this then you have some problems.

• I'll tell you one thing that does not make for a profitable and long-term viable FTP game...alienating your paying players.

More than alienating, you are allowing a toxic community of players who haven't spent a single dime on the game to crap all over paying players with insulting, malicious, and aggressive comments like the ones in this thread and in Discord.

It's one thing, devs, for you to screw over paying players leading to them feel scammed with devalued purchased perks, it's quite another thing for you to not even take a single moment in 3 weeks to give a reply or moderate this hate infested forum thread. How can you, as a business, allow this sort of vitriol toward the "fools" who had the apparently unimaginable audacity to buy-in to your business model.

Spending money on your game should not come with the consequence of being outcast pariahs. We are GD human beings too. Spending money on a video game beta or otherwise does not make us some sub-human class of self-entitled jerks. We made a choice, we were misled, we have every right to stand up for ourselves in the polite and respectful way we have been.

As for me, like the other disillusioned dude said, I've long since moved on to other games. I deeply regret having been excited and enthusiastic enough about this game to feel it merited spending my money on. I deeply regret having experienced the unmoderated, unmitigated, unsupported, toxic community the Magic: Legends Development Team has decided to cultivate.

• Screw this game and Screw the refund just don't play the game anymore

Let them have the money it's going to be the last thing they will get from people.

No one is going to play any of there dead games or upcomming games.

Just fck em.

• For anyone wondering you can get a full refound.... the provider did not provide so everyone is entitled to a full refound, if they tend to neglect the refound they are in violation of a certain consumers rule, and they fall under section scam, scam is listed as a crime, if it comes to a neglection. So a simple email from them neglecting the refound would be enough to inform the autorities.

• sladedragosladedrago Posts: 11

The entire lootbox (call it abooster pack all you want... its a lootbox) thing is predatory in nature as it is.

Some countries already banned this practice.

Devs: Just remove this purchase.. refund everyone their zen/ money for buying these things before a class action lawsuit is started.

• It is hard to believe they are still trying to figure out a response for the people who are upset in this thread. I've spent around $80 USD and can see both sides of the arguments, trolls aside.

At this point I am more curious how they move forward with booster packs and new planeswalker classes because from where I am sitting their player base has soundly rejected their proposed model of accessing new planeswalkers exclusively through loot boxes and they already folded their position on it. If they expected that to be their primary revenue stream they seem to have put themselves in a rather awkward position.

Maybe I'm making some poor assumptions, but this is how it seems to me an I have a really uneasy feeling that this is flop is a much larger problem for them than the handful of upset customer they have today.

• lordanthlordanth Posts: 53

i spent $110 on this game and the booster packs are dumb, I bought mostly planeswalker bundle and classes and "loadout slots" mainly (thank God. But what you get from those booster packs is not exciting at all.....

• Those that unlocked the class in the booster should have no less then 100m gold if they were smart. going back, I would have dumped money into getting it to do this but its too late now.

• edited April 2021

That is kind of true evilsoup, but they would have to have stood over the consignment broker for most of their time to achieve that. To spend your time like that means you have to believe that they won't look into people who have done that and a possible reverse, it is a gamble. Once these people start buying things with gold and those things they never should have been able to afford... Then you have a situation where everyone can afford everything provided its in the broker and it's just a matter of who's first, who wants to sit there longer. Unless they make it so anyone can always buy things no matter if it's out of stock or not then they need to change the prices from fluctuating prices to fixed prices. Although it technically does emulate some form of manipulation you can already do in any game with a player made economy, though it really is just that people are not selling lower (why would they?).

• jeraibraenocjeraibraenoc Posts: 2
    edited April 2021

It's now coming up on a month since this happened, and the only update we've gotten is that this is still in debate, so I'm throwing in my two cents (actual amount contributed $220 to get the Assassin Class Unlock). While I agree, I would still have spent money on the battle pass, and potentially spent a little more to support a game I LOVED in Alpha, yes even with the bugs and other limiting factors, I would not have thrown anywhere near the amount I did had they not locked the class behind a paywall.

The fact that it is disposable income for some is not relevant.

The fact that it was gambling and we knew the risks is not relevant.

We paid money for a chance at a class that within a few days was made free (granted with work involved), and ALL the money we spent went to products that are either limited by current circumstances, or if you were lucky enough to get the class completely thrown away because there is now no purchase necessary to unlock it.

If I spent $220 on anything else, and the next day it was free, I would be able to return the item and get the free one with most companies.

I bought the computer I'm using to write this, as a matter of fact, and within a few days it went on sale. I went back to the company, said I'd like to either return it, or get the difference refunded and they did just that - refunded the difference. The item was not still at the value/cost I had purchased it at, and it was fair to me as a consumer and them as a company to meet in the middle.

I don't know why this is such a hard debate - We paid money to a company, the item we ultimately spent money on devalued COMPLETELY overnight by a choice made by the company.

We have not been compensated, we have not met in the middle, we have not been refunded the difference.

• they should redo the unlock in the battle pass to where the class is in the free part and the spell if on the paid. furthermore, make it like the purchased classes in your realm and have it only unlocked through the current planeswalker where's the drop from the pack unlocks it throughout the account "spell included".

• I feel some of this pain. I purchased my 5th class like a few days before the patch. Not 100s of dollars, but still stings a bit. No refund because "classes unlocked in shop are account wide where classes unlocked in realm are just for the character."(paraphrased) No point in making new character at this point and if I did, it'd be the class I didn't unlock (and buy my starting class of 1st character in Realm)

ANYWAY, I think a return based on time of purchase. If you spent 100s of dollars to get dimir within a week of the addition to battlepass, a partial zen return would show some good faith of company.

Initially, I thought throwing the class at the end of the free battlepass was a lil too far in the other direction, but I kind of agree with it now. The whole battlepass really needs a rework. If it were me, I'd make more content add XP to battlepass and stick the free class further down in levels.

This is an interesting idea. I hope they do make some new classes unlocked in Realm. Eventually gonna max out stuff in Realm and this would be something to farm for. I expect most to be purchaseable, hopefully some will be free/easy-to-get.

• jeraibraenocjeraibraenoc Posts: 2

Still debating how to do right for your players? Really wish we could get an update.

• contact support. if you obtained and used the dimir pack before you reached level 50 in the pass. they will credit you 8.5m gold.

• What a nonsense!

You guys made an informed choice on how to spend yoour money and now have the audacity to demand a refound?

The reason so many games have predatory monetization is guys like you.

You chose to pay to win with a gamble, u lost.

Next time think twice before financing a game with lootboxes.

The fact you are being given 8.5 million golds is the reason i'll never spend a cent on this p2w game, like a guy said before if you want a refound you should also have your account fully deleted.

• skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

I'm going to close this thread before it gets any more hostile. Thank you for feedback everyone.

This discussion has been closed.