NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Races ?

When I saw a magic game coming up, I thought to myself "cool" but seeing the current game, I can only raise an eyebrow.

The only magic is the name. We have five classes that each offer a color of mana, I agree.

But character creation is POOR! The multiverse is meant to be an endless place of multiple possibilities. And you only offer humans. I will at least have hoped for races like the vampire who are not hard to do since they use the same skeleton, or even elf. I wanted to see at least the representatives of the most emblematic planwalkers like Ajanin Soren or Kiora the Undine.

Nothing. I know we are on an alpha, but when I see skins that have barely noticeable differences (especially the faces). You would have largely been able to imprint at least one humanoid race like vampires or elves for a beta.

In itself the game is a diablo like, not much to say about it.

Comments

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

tbf, you can't really see anyone's faces in the actual game, but it would be nice to have more customizability just for my own personal enjoyment

• pilthoid#4028 pilthoid Posts: 35
    edited June 2021

This will be a result of the way they are doing outfits for this game. You have large or smaller body styles, with changes between male and female.

Obviously they already have elves, merfolk and vampires in the game as npc's. However, they need to be roughly the same physical size as the others or their system of outfits will not work properly.

Each race that's a different size would need to have each outfit adjusted to fit them- think dwarves for instance.

So- they SHOULD be able to do races that have similar height and size to humans. This could actually be very interesting when all is said and done. I would hope that they will see the desire players have for other races and bring some out before official release, whenever that may wind up being.

Remember- variety is the spice of life, or so they say. And in games, giving players the reason to want to play other characters is a good thing. As is shooting for the sky in terms of what can be accomplished.