NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Planar mana rich, gold poor

2»

Comments

• Yeah, right! Mana, Relic Fragments and everything else gathered after reaching the cap should definitely convert into Gold so that it does not feel that much of time and effort invested in playing the game going down the sink of void!

• Moreover I can confirm that this still works. Today I completed a daily Region Reputation quest ("Defeat 2 Elite Rank Enemies with Red Sorcieries in Shiv") on Normal difficulty. Afterwards I changed to Master and claimed the reward. I indeed received 1062 Gold instead of only 250.

I really wish I would have known this earlier ... so much wasted gold in the past! Too bad that the game does not point this out more clearly :(

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

Aether is dirt cheap - if you need more aether, spend some money on zen. I can't believe people are complaining about there not being enough aether at the same time there's clearly not enough demand for aether.

But even without doing so, i've got a full Rank 9 deck, my primary limit is *spell pages*, and i'm going to start ranking up every spell i have to ~R5 (which with a maxed artifact set and near-max gear is perfectly sufficient to play Master). It won't be as good as my top deck, but it will allow a lot of versatility.

• huntsman#5572 huntsman Posts: 124
    edited June 2021

Exchange mana for gold at the mana vault. 1000 of each for 10000 gold.

Edit. Suggestion.

• edited June 2021

Well it depends on your priorities, I canabolized my aether for packs so that I could sell the items for gold in order to buy the suffocating curiosity and interrogate spell unlock, that cost me like 3 million aether to do so. So whereas I would be in your current position with all spells at rank 9 I'm considering changing to black/blue, I was getting to the point where I am bored with the game so I think changing colours will be a good option. I've tried all colours so far and there is very little difference between them all so far, black blue at least seems like more of an assassin class, whereas while there are some summoners/healer or defender types mostly people are just magicians. Also what other class would ever get an assassin, my point is this will be the most unique character probably for a long time. If I didn't swap I definitely would have just gotten 1 loadout to r10 and stopped playing, still a much larger grind than I thought I'd sign up for back when I was clearing the planes for the first time.

I used to play black/blue in real magic also.

• deladude#1331 deladude Posts: 80
    edited June 2021

The fact that spending money is being offered as the solution to unreasonable resource constraints in a beta game where the balance around these resources is clearly out of whack and still in flux is the crux of the issue. It makes me skeptical of all the decisions around this issue because they have a clear incentive to make this aspect of the game a poor experience to drive sales, and the lack of communication and community engagement just reinforces the skeptisism.

One clear option would be to provide a currency exchange broker at the sanctum for us to trade currency at a loss. Plenty of games I know do this as a quality of life feature for the players, however none of them also offer progress through microtransactions. . .

Again, this is all according to plan as far as I can tell and its really too bad because it spoils so much of the potential this game has in my eyes.

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

The point is that not many people want to exchange zen for aether, so aether clearly isn't valuable.

Even Champions Online, a game that's been on life support for years, doesn't generally have the zen market so depleted that there's no zen available at all. (And questionite, the aether equivalent, isn't key to character advancement in CO). At which point I can only conclude that most people have plenty of aether for their needs, or don't care enough about character advancement, because they simply aren't buying aether.

• Yes, and asserting aether is not valuable because people don't want to buy it is just ridiculous to me. Paying for progression is completely at odds with how many of us approach gaming and what we want to get out of games.

I don't really know why I'm even still here blabbering about this because this seems to be the core business model for Cryptic and it is not going to change. Good luck to all ya'll still trying to cope.

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

Welp... I have officially reached the storage cap for planar mana. I'm f2p, and don't devote a ton of time, so it took me a while to get here. Ideally I'd use it for something, but of course I don't have enough gold to afford anything.

Really, any resource at its storage cap should start being converted to gold. And I've never gotten anywhere near the weekly caps for anything, but once things start being reduced, gold should be given equal to the difference.

C'mon devs. Just give it to us. 🙏

• Considering most of the aether you need is just to take a spell from rank 9-10 basically, then it kind of raises the question of what do you do after you have rank 10 spells, then the only secondary reason is for spell diversity and ranking up low spells, though if they aren't as good as your higher rank spells then you'll probably not use them for more than a day so diversity doesn't seem like a good option other than breaking boredom, but I am also sure a lot of players don't swap builds very often for that very reason. Then since there is a lot of p2p items actually then the demand for swapping aether is to get more zen is quite high, like there is something like 20 items you can only acquire with zen and that is a lot for any game.

I think given that hardcore players are complaining about the aether cap it means they've acquired more than 50k aether per day since inception which means every 20 days someone has to spend $10 to counteract that balance.