NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i want the cap back ^^

edited June 2021 in General Discussion

now with that heavy gold nerv on all sides it feels even less rewarding to play the game after hitting the "weekly Bonus cap". 2-7 Planar Mana for a mission? really? this needs ~1000runs to get the mana for a structure upgrade or ~2500runs to unlock a spell and with the loss of mana to gold conversion it feels like a farce :/

sorry but i´m somewhat salty and need a ventile ^^

Post edited by astarguardian#5330 on

Comments

• Options

I fell the removal of mana caps was unnecessary after the previous improvements regarding this resource. However, it does give the option to heavy grinders to keep progressing by playing after reaching the bonus. Every cap or limitation removal or reduction is always welcomed.

The problem is that by removing the caps we have lost the possibility of getting extra gold that came with the caps. For example, playing a major skirmish or tower defense in master after capping all colors gave you +255 gold, a nice 37.5% increase over the base 680 gold, which was really nice. If we take into account the resources needed in the realm, you now need over +10 times more gold than planar mana to upgrade stations, and since gold is also required for artifact upgrading or buying in the broker, its value now surpasses by far that of planar mana. Therefore, I believe that increasing planar mana availability by a very reduced amount in exchange for removing a considerable source of gold income is not a balanced change.

I don't think the problem is removing the caps, that is a nice improvement. The problem is not compensating the removal of after-cap gold earning. It won't be the end of the world for me, but since I was already struggling to earn enoguh gold to keep my progression and had to start doing some tedious grinding, it has come as a heavy blow to me.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

Since the amount of planar mana gets reduced to such a ridiculously small amount (if the OP is correct), it feels like it's actually still basically capped, I think.

I feel like it shouldn't be reduced to such a small amount. Maybe down to 20-30% would be fair, and they should bring back the gold conversion in addition to that. Maybe just give gold equal to the difference. 🤷‍♂️

• Options

The reduction is to a 10% of the previous amount, for example, finishing a mana tower defense at master when capped gives you 11 mana of each color (22 of the color of the plane).

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

that seems really low, but I guess it's better than nothing

or it would be, if you still got gold to go with it

• Options

That's the point, the removal of caps would be a nice improvement... Was it not for the gold issue. Since now gold has much more value than planar mana, it feels as if we are losing on resources, specially for high level players for whom planar mana has no more use. Furthermore, that is another issue that should be adressed, having "dead" resources (reliq fragments, planar mana at high levels, common and uncommon equip upgrades...) with no use and which cannot be converted into more limiting resources (refined aether, gold, rare and mythic equip upgrades, equip mod unlocks...).

• Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68

This was a bullsh1t patch. They thought this would trick players into thinking they get more mana but the cap is so hard in reality it does nothing. In fact it becomes worse for players because the mana prior was converted to gold but now you cant earn mana and dont get the gold instead.

• Options

@higurewindstill#9502 said

the removal of mana caps was unnecessary after the previous improvements regarding this resource

agreed. With the cost reductions, which were great, there was no need.