NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

battle pass level 50

so I just got battle pass level 50. I previously unlocked dimir assassin pack and was expecting to get another one through the pass. unfortunately when I reached level 50 10 minutes ago that never happened. not sure if its because I unlocked it already (if so its unfair) or that its bugged and not obtainable through the pass (also unfair). f2p players should be able to get this and people who bought it should be able to get something for it.

Comments

• Options
    nymysisnymysis Posts: 102

Battlepass is an alternate way to get it. You opted to get it faster through packs. Not seeing your complaint here.

• Options

not once does it say that I cant get it again through battle pass or any other means. that's the reason I got it before the pass in the first place. with out it, lev 50 in pass gets you 1 green and 1 red spell page. this is the game breaker for me if this is true.

• Options
    skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

If you do not already have Class: Dimir Assassin item unlocked from the Dimir Assassin Booster Pack, then you receive the class, costume, and Nightveil Stalker creature spell automatically.

If you do already have it unlocked, then you do not receive anything as the Level 50 Free-Track Battlepass reward. The reward for Level 50 Premium Battlepass is Red Spell Page Pack and Green Spellpage Pack.

• Options
    eph#0848 eph Posts: 1

Completely unfair given the announcement to add it to the free side came after many of us spent some money on packs. Instead of fairly acquiescing to the outcries from free-to-play players about the first added class being behind of paywall and fairly compensating those that already spent money not aware this change would occur (a few million gold seems like a really small price to pay), you've summarily slighted everyone that did spend money prior to this change. Noted: don't spend money on this game.

• Options
    antioch#8264 antioch Posts: 168

"If" those who spent money get some sort of compensation for their investment into the game, through Packs to Unlock the Dmir Assassin, I feel not getting the Dmir Assassin Pack is fair. I do however feel, if there is no compensation, then people who already have unlocked the Assassin should get the Pack to sell.

But you know the saying about opinions, and this is just mine.

A.

• Options
    fan912khfan912kh Posts: 1

So now up to all there is no compensation for those people who spend money on previously stated exclusive content, but also they will not get same treatment as the rest of player. No additional pack. No alternative reward. Just nothing. Why doesn't It stated any where in the game? In first I was bored to farm cap of resources. So I ended compliting only region and battlepass missions. Then I even get bored doing region mission. The only thing I was doing for 10-20 minutes a day was battlepass daily mission. Because I was expecting to get a pack and sell it. Why should I keep playing? Why I should ever thinking to return in a feature if I getting treated like that? Why should I spend a single cent in a feature? Don't tell me that I got some adventage by earnig Dimir pack earlier. There is no PvP content, its not even about PvE right now. Its about Player vs DESIRE TO COLLECT right now. And with every day this desire was less and less, but I was giving credits to a game, since it early access. But now I fill cheated second time.

• Options

@evilsoup#0655

>this is the game breaker for me if this is true

Doubtful, you're a whale- addicted to the game. You'll only leave when the next whale squeezing pay to win game comes out. Serves you right. Get rekt.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

@tuxedohousecat#1147 Why are you even here if you hate the game so much? You keep bringing up this dumb whale hate in multiple threads, and it's starting to get annoying.

Anyway, as to the actual topic: Yeah, that's a little scummy to not give the same unlock to people who put money into the game. There's no real justification for it, unless it was clearly stated from the beginning, which it wasn't. I'm a f2p player, so I'm really glad it got added to the free pass, but is it really such a big deal to give people who paid real money another copy of it to sell for fake money?

This is just going to take away all incentive for people to spend anything in the future. Maybe if giving a duplicate of the class unlock can't be done (though I can't see why not) you could at least give a secondary reward, like a ton of gold or something. Idk 🤷‍♂️ just try to screw people over a little less, somehow.

• Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68

Thank you for letting me know. It's bullshit if you don't get one to sell on the broker(you should). I assumed you would so I was going to open a pack early because I thought I would get another later. I will not open one now. This is pathetic.

• Options
    sexyrainboysexyrainboy Posts: 68
    edited May 2021

Tbh it must be a bug because if you get it through packs and hold it in invantory or sell it. You would be able to get it by battle pass as the game will not see you as having it.

Basicly this means the order in which you do someing changes the outcome and therefor it must be a bug.

• Options

this is exactly what happened to me. I opened a pack a week before I was going to get it thinking I would be able to sell the pack I got from the battle pass back to get some of the gold I spent back. had it been properly worded, I would have not done this. I'm glad this trend stopped you from making the mistake (if you can even call it that since it was not my fault) I made. I'm not going to bother sending in a ticket because I already know what they will say. They will say that the pack unlocks it for all planeswalkers on your account where the battle pass unlocks it for only that planeswalker. this does not justify the lack of the level 50 reward that most of us wont get or them completely misleading us on the wording of the battlepass unlock.

also tuxedo, nobody cares what you think. go back to your hole.

• Options

@nath#9170

I don't hate the game- I hate the predatory monetization that's in it. I'm tired of companies creating currency by fiat to skirt gambling laws- and then manufacturing artificial walls just to sell ladders for people to get over them. If they just sold cosmetics, I wouldn't really say much, but they intentionally over-tuned their cash shop premium items to give paying players an advantage. And what makes it worse, is that there are people like @evilsoup#0655 that suffer from mental disorders that make them vulnerable to this sort of predatory monetization. Perfect World knows this- and they're fine with it. They don't care where the money comes from, just that it comes. And they will use every trick in the book, including preying on the mentally vulnerable, all to get as much money as possible.

Do you know why they didn't want to put servers in the UK/EU? Because there is a push against loot boxes and predatory monetization over there- in addition to the stronger customer protections. All of that puts a damper on their insidious predatory microtransations. They don't want to install servers there just to be slapped with fines and legislated to prevent them from preying on the vulnerable.

Although, on the topic of whales, I do dislike @evilsoup#0655 and found a good bit of schadenfreude off of him finally getting screwed over by the company he poured so much money into. Maybe he'll finally understand that he's just a whale, a thing to be harpooned and harvested before being thrown back into the sea to rot. Perfect World doesn't care about where the money comes from- and they don't care if they screw you over in the process. They got their money. You're nothing but a rotting whale carcass now, @evilsoup#0655.

By the way. Did you guys know that Perfect World was sold to a Chinese Holding company a few years ago? And that Magic Legends tries to install a kernel level rootkit. Why do you think the game runs so poorly, hmm. Surprise, surprise. A company that preys on the mental vulnerability of whales to earn money also tries to purposefully infect their players' computers. The more you know!

• Options

Please remember to be respectful to everyone. Do not insult others just because you may disagree.

With that said, I'm gonna lock down this thread.

• Options
    edited May 2021

Message has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.