NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broodwidow (Creature Spell) Bug

The Broodwidow "Special Ability: Summon three 1/2 Spider creature tokens for 30 seconds." never triggers.

Comments

• Options
    nanarchynanarchy Posts: 10

Special Abilities tend to get used when you cast it from hand and already have one summoned. Instead of being labeled as Broodwidow, it will say Special Ability. Otherwise we could use more information on how it isn't working. AKA specific circumstances of failure instead of 'not working.' Not a dis or anything just letting you know that stating it as you did doesn't give enough info to work with.

• Options

Thanks for the response Nanarchy. There's loads of posts here and almost no responses to any of them. I'll address your comments.

I thought I did give enough information as Special Abilities are activated by the creature periodically once summoned as opposed to Activated Abilites which, as you state, require a recast once the creature has already been cast or On Summon effects which trigger when cast. I thought in the context of that, saying it never triggers was enough and I wanted to avoid any TLDR.

For example cards I have used and observed working:

Sporecap Spider, Creature - 2/4 Spider, "Special Ability: Deal 628 damage over 3 seconds and Stun target foe." Once cast and in combat the Spider periodically uses its' ability on in combat foes.

Nema Siltlurker, Creature - 3/5 Lizard, "Special Ability: Deal 628 damage, Taunt, and apply Lesser Weakness to nearby foes for 10 seconds." Once cast and in combat the Siltlurker periodically uses its' ability on in combat foes.

Greenwarden, Creature- 7/7 Elemental, "Activated Ability: 1GG Create three 1/1 Saproling creature tokens for 30 seconds." Once cast, recasting from hand triggers the activated ability.

Broodwidow, Creature - 5/5 Spider, "Special Ability: Summon three 1/2 Spider creature tokens for 30 seconds." Once cast and in or out of combat doesn't activate. Recasting from hand doesn't activate. Running an entire mission doesn't activate.

The annoying thing is that the Spider Nest which is a similar spell does work due to the slightly different mechanic of being an always active effect as opposed to a Special Ability.

Spider Nest, Creature - 0/4 Spider, "Creates a 1/2 Spider creature token for 30 seconds every 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 5 at a time." Continuously pumps out tokens once cast.

So is it safe to say the Broodwidow isn't working as intended?

• Options

Hello, I am also having this issue. When I cast Broodwidow while I have one on the field, it summons another Broodwidow and does not spawn the 1/2 Spider creature tokens. While it is in my hand, there is no special border showing that it is an activated ability like the ability Greenwarden or Bone-Tip Archer has.

Broodwidow, Creature - 5/5 Spider, "Special Ability: Summon three 1/2 Spider creature tokens for 30 seconds."

Greenwarden, Creature- 7/7 Elemental, "Activated Ability: 1GG Create three 1/1 Saproling creature tokens for 30 seconds."

Bone-Tip Archer, Creature- 3/1 Skeleton, "Activated Ability B: Bone-Tip Archer gains Regenerate."

As quriosity was saying, I have never seen the 1/2 Spider tokens, even running through a whole mission or wandering the overworld.

• Options
    nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

yeah it's a "special" ability, rather than an activated one, so it's supposed to happen on its own occasionally

tbh, I haven't paid much attention, but I can't recall actually seeing any little spiders running around 🤔

creatures just have a whole heap of issues right now, it seems