NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[GUI QoL] Textual indicator for Strength/Toughness of summoned creatures

gormenghast1gormenghast1 Posts: 40

It would be a nice addition to the game if the values of Strength and Toughness of our summoned creatures could show on the sidebar list. The visual effect of the greatures growing when affected by a toughness buff is appreciated, but it has flaws as not being applied to every summoned creature, not being able to show strength buffs and being hardly specific on the magnitude of the buff.

It would be appreciated if the creature values could show in a way similar to the one in the following edited image:

it shouldn't be a huge change to the GUI to implement but it would surely be a great improvement for summons using players.

Comments

• Options

Agreed.

Example: Mighty Below can buff up to 3 summons with +2/+2, 2 summons with +3/+3, or a single summon with +6/+6. When activated, you pick the area the sorcery will target. The summons that end up being affected show a slight magical sparkle for about a sec or two. Then, any indication of their buff is gone. In the above image of the Benalish Marshall it'd be great to see the 2/2 when not buffed. then, say I cast Mighty Bellow on this summon and there's only one other summon in the affected area, the BM would change from 2/2 to 5/5. Or, maybe it'd still say 2/2, but also show a green +3/+3 next to it. If it's a debuff, then it could be red. Plus, there are trait buffs, equipment buffs and artifact buffs that trigger during battle and it'd be great to see those buffs on the summons. I would love to see my mighty below'd, giant growth'd, mutated BM show 11/8 while it's fully buffed. With my other loadout buffs I bet this would periodically be closer to 12/10 or 12/12, but I wouldn't know. Yeah, it'd only be that big for around 5-10s, but it'd be good to see it. Then, it'd be easier to gauge the effectiveness of certain builds without having to set up control situations that take time away from completing content.

One utilitarian reason for this is deciding whether or not to recast a buff spell. If the majority of my summons still show they're buffed I will wait a bit longer to recast the buff spell. As it stands, right now, it's really easy to lose track of all of my summons' buffs. So, I end up wasting spells because I want to keep my summons buffed, but I am unaware of whether or not they still are or not. I wish I could tell by how fast they dispatch enemies, but summons are still super weak. So, that's out the window.