NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unauthorized Crash Compiler.

Today's patch may have changed something unintentionally..?

After playing for a bit, I ended up crashing in the Home Realm, not that big of a deal. I decided to load up another game as a lot have updates today. Problem came when the game refused to even launch or load. Then I noticed nothing would load. At all.

Turns out, the crash compiler/reporter used by Magic: Legends is now launching and compiling without permission or authorization.

This thing was taking up 70% of my system resources and ALL of my bandwidth, and I have a fairly strong system.

I'm hoping this isn't working as intended... I really am. I work from home and as such have certain security restrictions...

No one can access my PC other than me...

I cannot approach certain topics in social media...

I cannot download or install anything which could compromise my system information...

This thing running without permission can literally get me fired and while I love this game, I simply cannot jeopardize my lively hood in order to play it.

I have no screenshots as I instantly sniped it when I noticed what was going on. I know it's the same Crash Compiler from the game as it had the same logo and it's process was linked to the Magic: Legends launcher.

I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this.

*EDIT

It's worth noting that the Crash Compiler was gathering and sending a full system assessment. It was compiling all system information for my machine, this is why it's pretty concerning.

Comments

• Options

+1. This needs to be addressed immediately. You need to ask for permission before you do this kind of invasive reporting.

I'm hoping that this was just an oversight left in from internal testing.