NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Assassin, why it's still not ok

So after after some deep thought i think its time we discuss a really bad precedent for classes in this game. Locking classes behind a grind is all well and good, but locking it in the way you have i don't feel is a good look for the game. First you locked it in a booster which it looks like you don't intend to change,

Second your solution is not to take it out of the booster, and make it available like all the other classes, instead your intent is to put it at the very end of the battle pass? Now some people are gonna say " you just want it now " But not really. I play a mind mage and i dont see that changing anytime soon. However, the Assassin DOES give you another 30 levels, and its in no way special beyond the fact that its a rogue class. So why is it locked again?

So, for a second lets say it takes 3 months roughly to get to the end of the battle pass, so your telling me that a CLASS that is a basic archetype us in a gambling box... and, a basic archetype for fantasy characters. Is either throw money at it,

Next, the last way to get the class is to spend MILLIONS of gold, to buy it off the broker--- a price YOU at cryptic set via the broker. So explain to me why its 7 to 8 million gold? even the booster itself is only like 230lk, which is still a ton of gold! On master level i believe you only get a couple thousand gold per dungeon, even if you have a good farm getting that much gold feels nearly impossible! So again, a class that is gated behind a massive wall....

I don't see why this class is for some reason locked out behind some unique wall, and players are for some reason prevented from accessing it via normal progression... Its a class. It's pretty integral to the game that all classes just be available, and i really hate the idea of you trying to milk people of there cash via gambling boxes to try and get an archetype YOU know people love!

This is still in my eyes not fixed... and won't be till its part of the basic classes! Whats to stop them from doing this with the next class? and the one after that! and the one after that? its a real mood killer to think i'll be waiting 3 months per new class... unless i'm willing to shell out 100's of dollars on gambling boxes. It's just not good... and i hate this with a passion!

In my Eyes this is still pay walled... its still designed to keep you from playing a class unless you are willing to shell out 100's of dollars.

Comments

• senditu1senditu1 Posts: 61

i hate gamble boxes with a passion and i agree with you there, BUT they said that classes from rl money stuff will be in the game alter on for free, so for the assassin it will be in the game later (i hope they dont meant the battlepass lvl 50 for it, but i will wait)

• eraccooneraccoon Posts: 22

in their mind, free = lvl 50 battlepass. i don't see the point of putting it behind that wall, to make it available without any grind afterward.

• it's okay to be in pass, but it should be there since DAY 1, (ppl like me would'nt spent that much money buying packs to get it. 140 packs with 1,2% and i didn't got that, then they decided to put it as pass rewards and i was like....poker face and my money tore apart. (Oh be happy at least you'll get freely after month(s)) sure i'll be happy getting it as EVERYBODY, it's FAIR, but if i knew that since day 1.... i wouldn't purchased that much packs.

But about the subject, i think is fine being in the end pass ok, since they get you missions to upgrade your pass. Cuz thats dumb 7 dailys and 1 weekly quest that barely gives you a bp level.

• yuyu#6237 yuyu Posts: 6

@noviscki#4647 you opened 140 packs worth of 25m gold, so you could have bought assassin 3 times by selling those packs. I think you got lots of equipment mission boosters and Dimir traits artifact etc with those 140 packs, so i don't get why you're complaining. Buying 48 packs and selling them would have been enough to buy the assassin...

• noviscki#4647 noviscki Posts: 29
    edited April 2021

@yuyu#6237

well, there are a LOTS of variables there

1 ) I would do that IF, ONLY IF, i would INTENT to SNIPE THE MARKET for HOURS and HOURS (maybe competing with bots) to see if someone would put one there for selling. And those hours i'd rather farm

2) i'm not complaining of what i got, i got a lots of Traits, Spell Cards and Artifact stuff, BUT THEN AGAIN, when i got then the price was 3x BELOW of what it is today. And it's not about market price IF (ONLY IF AND IN THIS CASE) the prices are really managed from Cryptic.

3) Even buying the packs for selling and get only 1 card is totally waste of money cuz i wouldn't spend ALL THAT MONEY only to get the class, that's stupid, obviously i want other boosts and stuff. But not that much. I still have 15 hours of 100% boost that i can't use because i don't have aether tough to upgrade cards or gear or whatever

4) Instead all of this, if i knew from the beginin that Dimir would come FREELY in the Battlepass, i wouldn't even had to buy packs at the beggining, or i would buy for sure, but like 40 packs just to get the bonuses and itens (artifacts, boosts, and other stuffs that you mentioned), but the other 100 packs at least i would get in Aether only. Thats monetary damage and inductive sell (if you're selling something that's no way to obtain and then put it on store afterwards - EVEN FOR A LIMITED TIME - in terms of law)

• well, there are a LOTS of variables there

1 ) I would do that IF, ONLY IF, i would INTENT to SNIPE THE MARKET for HOURS and HOURS (maybe competing with bots) to see if someone would put one there for selling. And those hours i'd rather farm

2) i'm not complaining of what i got, i got a lots of Traits, Spell Cards and Artifact stuff, BUT THEN AGAIN, when i got then the price was 3x BELOW of what it is today. And it's not about market price IF (ONLY IF AND IN THIS CASE) the prices are really managed from Cryptic.

3) Even buying the packs for selling and get only 1 card is totally waste of money cuz i wouldn't spend ALL THAT MONEY only to get the class, that's stupid, obviously i want other boosts and stuff. But not that much. I still have 15 hours of 100% boost that i can't use because i don't have aether tough to upgrade cards or gear or whatever

4) Instead all of this, if i knew from the beginin that Dimir would come FREELY in the Battlepass, i wouldn't even had to buy packs at the beggining, or i would buy for sure, but like 40 packs just to get the bonuses and itens (artifacts, boosts, and other stuffs that you mentioned), but the other 100 packs at least i would get in Aether only. Thats monetary damage and inductive sell (if you're selling something that's no way to obtain and then put it on store afterwards - EVEN FOR A LIMITED TIME - in terms of law)

• I love everyone that complains about loot boxes and pay walls. You are playing a free game with a group of developers that have to be paid. If you want additional content (which we obviously want in a game that coincides with a TCG that gets quarterly content) then the game has to be monetized in some way.

In this case people with disposable income can buy packs and get the assassin quickly to satiate their desires. Everyone else can still get that class on the exchange or via battle pass, and if I was a betting man I would image the class will also become available later on (say 90 days after battlepass) via other means. Either way I am sure it will still be sold on the exchange for people to purchase it.

No Monetization = No Additional Game Content

And let's be honest the current cosmetic only options are not going to make anywhere enough to maintain the game.

• I love everyone that complains about loot boxes and pay walls. You are playing a free game with a group of developers that have to be paid. If you want additional content (which we obviously want in a game that coincides with a TCG that gets quarterly content) then the game has to be monetized in some way.

In this case people with disposable income can buy packs and get the assassin quickly to satiate their desires. Everyone else can still get that class on the exchange or via battle pass, and if I was a betting man I would image the class will also become available later on (say 90 days after battlepass) via other means. Either way I am sure it will still be sold on the exchange for people to purchase it.

No Monetization = No Additional Game Content

And let's be honest the current cosmetic only options are not going to make anywhere enough to maintain the game.

• Even worse is that I ran the numbers for the xp required to get to the end of the track. If you started today and bought the +15 levels I don't think you could hit 50 by the end of the season. We either need another month for wiggle room or more xp, preferably the latter as we're humans not robots.

• Looks like they'll have some events to gain more battlepass xp, hopefully that will help

• A big thank you for the Assassin class.

There are lots of options.

1. If you want the new and shiny thing on day one you can open packs and pay for it. But wait there is more and LESS GLOOM AND DOOM PLEASE
    2. You can cap out your weekend bonus and get the bonus commodity converted to gold. After cap all of the bonus will convert straight to gold so you buy the class from the consignment store.
    3. If you are willing to create four characters and grind daily and weekly quest xp, then you can get it from the Battle Pass in about 27 days. Note: The daily and weekly xp from each character contributes to the account battle pass, so you can finish it in under a month.
    4. If you are lucky and don't mind waiting until a weekend or special event gives it away, then there is a good chance in a month or two you can get it from a special event without paying for it and without grinding gold or battle pass xp.

• ozewaozewa Posts: 72

Dimir Assassin spark ability continues to crash me to desktop

• I made a new character on my acct just to see if it was possible to get more battlepass xp and the answer was no, the xp is account bound and you only can complete the dailies and weeklies once per account meaning you can't get the pass complete in a reasonable time.

• I think you're undervaluing the class a fair bit for what it's worth. Invincibility frames on both class abilities is unique to that class afaik right now, and it has a lot of synergy with some of the p2w artifacts, traits and equipment (go figure). For example, in my experience the boots of rapacity only really work well on the necro or assassin and blood-soaked altar also works most effectively on the assassin post-nerf.