NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance feedback - Master difficulty

squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

So, i've got 1018 gear score and a Rank 6 deck. Master should be playable. But some things are just impossible to deal with.

The damage reflect trait (vindictive maybe?) - way too much damage at Master. Arguably too much damage at expert too. It needs to get cut to ~1/10th of its current damage. And it needs to give you longer between times its active to deal with the monster - its not down for even a full hazard duration (which immediately kills you when the reflect comes back up). There's literally no counterplay available except run around and hope you don't have any hazards still up, which is the dumbest gameplay i've seen in a modern title. Also - hazard damage shouldn't reflect on you, that doesn't make any sense. You aren't the source of the damage, the hazard is, just like damage dealt by your monsters isn't reflected to you (if only summon AI wasn't awful so they actually attacked reasonably, and they weren't made of tissue paper, so they didn't die in 2s).

Rotating Shield (Tolaria world enchantment) - this is not working right. It doesn't seem to pass around between monsters like it says, instead, it just respawns on the *same monster* if there's any other monsters around. Get 3-4 monsters who get rotating shield, and they cause it to just keep re-proccing on each other. When it is down, its only down for a second or two, which isn't enough time to make any progress. (And half the time it looks like its going down, its not, its just faking you out).

I was running Social Artifice and I got ~5 lightning elementals at the second thran pylon (already annoying) who *all had the shield*. They all teleport right on top of you repeatedly, and you can't do any damage to them - literally unsurvivable and unbeatable.

The shield also lasts too long (those few times it does go down) - again, a lot of gameplay just running around waiting for the shield to turn off (and then its back up again 2 seconds later). Basically, you get more than ~2 of these, its better to just run past and hope you never have to kill them. (Of course, lightning elementals can't be run from, so much fun). The shield needs to have an internal cooldown per monster that's longer than the time shield is up, so it can't constantly re-appear on the same monster.

It also probably shouldn't be able to appear on legendary monsters at all. Waiting for 20s or whatever it is to just get a couple seconds to hit a legendary, and then waiting another 20s, repeat ad nauseum isn't engaging gameplay at all. Was more rewarding to just die and make the legendary disappear than try to fight them.

Galvanized Dreadnought (enemy) - their chest cannon / energy thing that fires out both sides of them needs a better tell, better graphics, and possibly to do less damage. Its impossible to tell what a safe distance is, and its frequently impossible to tell when they're going to fire until they start firing. Then it deals ~70k damage per hit, with a really fast tick rate. If you don't run away immediately, you're instantly dead, and even if you do, you still barely have any hp. That kind of damage would be fine if it had a clear tell and a clearly defined AoE, but it doesn't. (Also, they need to actually drop rewards - they never drop anything).

Comments

• Options
    havoshavos Posts: 71

Yes Yes and Yes.

I haven't done anything in Tolaria since that shield started popping up.

Even on Expert I hate those Dreadnoughts. Social Artifice I just ignore them completely and rush to boss.

• Options
    envicoenvico Posts: 156

The tolaria shield should work more like a player shield. Instead of making the monster invincible - protect against say 15% of the monster's life in damage. Once the shield is defeated it rotates to a different enemy. I've seen a screen of 25 monsters have at least half of the enemies shielded. If this is working as intended then I need to seriously reconsider quitting playing this game (again).

Vindictive is one of the few things in the game that can kill me. This too has a design problem because I can go from full health to dead in a single cast. If it's not part of the "boss arena" then it's more efficient to kill myself on them and respawn to speed through the mission faster. If I get lucky I kill them all in 5 seconds. If not then I die and respawn and move along.

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

Vindictive finally got fixed in the last patch, which came shortly after i posted this iirc. So that part is fine now.

• Options
    envicoenvico Posts: 156

It has not been 'fixed'. Necro damage arua returns 10% of damage dealt. Vindictive deals a 10% reflect effect. You will however die going through a group of mobs with vindictive active instead of keeping your health the same.