NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A proposal for increasing caps

thuleluruinthuleluruin Posts: 6
edited April 2021 in Economy

As most of the playerbase will tell you, the caps for resources in the game are extremely tight. I had an idea a little while ago that I think might be worth consideration by the devs. The ideas are rough, but I figured I'd toss them out there.

Increase the caps for acquisition and storage by a static amount per level of either the Aetheric Core or one of the secondary structures (suggestions for rates and possible structures below):

Planar Mana: +500 weekly cap/+1000 storage per level (Land of the appropriate color). Also ensure that mana is converted to gold when hitting the cap regardless of source (some sources do not convert at all, or convert at a lower rate)

Chromatic Mana: +100 weekly cap/+200 storage per level (Mana Vault)

Eternal Echoes: Remove cap, +100 storage per level (Mystical Study)

Relic Fragments: This cap should just be flat increased, but if using this scaling, +250 storage per level for all types (Arcane Workshop)

Shadow Orbs: +1 per structure level above 5 (Prophetic Quill)

Refined Aether: This one is understandably more tricky, because it also ties into the monetization of the game. The problem is that Refined Aether is tied to nearly everything related to character progression (levelling spells and gear) other than Artifacts. My ask here is that the cap is just straight increased to 100,000/day refinement. Not tied to a structure or any other progression, just straight increased to in line with Neverwinter. Given that the cost to rank up a single spell from 1st to 7th is almost 50k, the cap feels extremely constraining. Especially when there's an event giving out 3 times the daily refinement cap going on right now.

I know this is all far from perfect, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

Post edited by thuleluruin on

Comments

• havoshavos Posts: 71

I like the caps being tied to certain buildings, or could be a new "bank" building that increases all caps.

Refined Aether is a very tricky, and there have been alot of suggestions other than just flat increase.

1. It too could be tied to a building upgrade. (Mana core, and have planar mana caps increase with lands built)
    2. Remove costs from equipment and tie in Relic Fragments to make them more used.
    3. Remove from certain upgrades in Realm, or all that aren't related to cards/lands/resource gain.
    4. A building/NPC that refines aether for a resource, not a timed cap.
  • thuleluruinthuleluruin Posts: 6

Since writing this post, it's come to my attention that Chromatic Mana also has an invisible weekly cap. So I'll be updating that to +100/level as well.

Regarding the Refined Aether problem, one of the issues is that the cap is tied to your account, not your character. If not for that, I definitely think that tying it to the Core makes sense. So does removing it from Equipment and building upgrades, and potentially lowering costs a bit on spell ranks (thinking of roughly a 10-15% reduction). I also like the idea of tying it to a separate resource, particularly if it's one already in the game (we have enough that we don't need more to track/manage.