NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too many bottlenecks.

I know this is a Perfect World game and you can't get rid of monetizing. But still, this is all kinds of terrible.

1) Planar Mana - Honestly, I don't understand why this is even capped. You can't buy it.

2) Aether - this cap is FAAAAAR too low, guys. Just going from rank 5 to rank 6 on a single spell takes over 10,000 Aether. How am I supposed to get anywhere like this?

Honestly, there is plenty of monetization with the battle pass, buying packs, buying infusions, buying event currency, and buying bundles. You don't need to monetize or cap Aether and Planar Mana.

The whole point of Magic is to find cards and experiment with different combinations of spells, decks, etc. This is the essence of the game. If I'm tired of my Blue/Black Sorcery deck, I should be able to swap over to a Green/White creature deck and have some fun and variety. You're bottlenecking that experience too much. I feel like I can't do anything except my 1 main deck because I don't have any Aether to upgrade gear and I don't have any to upgrade spells past rank 4 or 5. That means I don't feel like I'm progressing, and THAT means I'll stop playing in short order.

Oh, and for the love of god give us more than 2 Loadouts and deck slots. Come on. There's 5 colors and 5 Planeswalkers. Give us AT LEAST 5. We shouldn't have to pay for some basic convenience.

It's still the Beta. You guys still have a chance to save the game and make it a great experience. But you're going to have to loosen the noose on how and when players can play the game, or it'll never become that.

Comments

• Options

+1

I agree. Give us some room to have fun rather than keeping us on a tight leash.

• Options

I am OK with most of it, but the loadout thing is mindboggling. Deck construction is one of the most fun parts of MtG. Limiting it so much doesn't make sense to me. I think they should at least give you a new loadout for every class you unlock.

• Options
    havoshavos Posts: 71

Yes to Aether limit, its something they are going to address.

I think the loadout thing is fine. It's typical f2p strategy to give bare essentials and sell more. Almost every f2p MMOish game I have played does this with character slots, bank tabs, inventory space, etc. It sucks, but spend 10 bucks and buy a couple.

• Options
    orrion#4061 orrion Posts: 13

The difference is that this is MAGIC. Every iteration of the game is about deckbuilding. I mean, it's true for example that Neverwinter locks you at like 3 characters initially.. but Neverwinter isn't about having 20 characters.

I figured we were doomed from the start as soon as I heard Legends was going to be under the Perfect World umbrella because Perfect World monetizes EVERYTHING, and that's proving to be an unfortunate truth again.