NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Genuinely happy with today's patch.

I wanted 3 things from this patch, and I got 2 of them (and the third was improved because of the top issue)

1) The changes to made to the 'low' setting (which I was always on since day 1) have been a HUGE improvement. I'm usually humming along at 40FPS, with it occassionally dipping to a playable (for me) 20 in high dense mobs.

2) Trade Tokens for broker. This should have been there day 1, but glad it's finally happened.

3) NOT FIXED: NPC voiceovers and other 'transition/enemy spawning' things still cause a huge hiccough. It drops me to a somewhat playable 10FPS (about what I used to be ALL THE TIME before). So.. because the overall FPS went up, this is dramatically less noticeable.

Is it perfect? No. The new patch created a few new bugs and whatnot (addressed by others I'm sure, and I've talked to Castriel on Discord about the major one I'm facing Re-the quest being reset even though I've done everything and not beign able to access Benaliaa Story 4). But the fact that you've addressed my critical concerns shows me enough to know that the rest will be fixed in good order.

Overall - good job as far as I'm concerned. I'm actually happier right now than I expected to be.

Comments

• Options
    jay#9975 jay Posts: 5

Best thing for me was the map improvements! It is great now

• Options
    sneaker42sneaker42 Posts: 86

Still. The map randomly rotating when traveling is annoying as hell.

• Options

It ruined the game for me. the Glint "bug" was the only thing that kept the pace up in the game. Now I'm just sitting around waiting for cards to come back. There's no enough card draw in the game to keep the pace up...

That is unless you're playing Storm/Cadence where you'll now be spamming tons of enchantments/creatures that do absolutely nothing all to get the card draw. Lags the hell out of the server and the surrounding area, but at least you can draw cards?

Or you're playing Demon spam. Because, changing 15% to 20% health requirement isn't going to change anything. The whole point of the build was to immediately sacrifice the demons anyway. Dimir grants you card draw on creature sacrifice, so you never had to use the Glint bug. All the stuff you needed was from the cash shop. People playing that build are perfectly fine- because they spent money on buying the OP cash shop stuff that won't get hit by the nerf hammer. And what's worse is that the constant demon summoning and sacrificing lags the hell out of the local server. It desyncs mana towers and causes them to break, kicks other players out of the loot pool, and generally lags the entire game up. But, that's all fine. They bought things from the cash shop.

It's clear that the game is dead. The cash shop is king. The game is, essentially, pay to win- or at least pay to play the best build. There's no reason to keep endorsing this with my time. I'm out.

• Options
    evilsoup#0655 evilsoup Posts: 274
    edited April 2021

didn't even realize that it got patched. my advise to you, don't rely on glitches. I'm still able to to it with only 1 spell from cash shop and its not even needed since there's no draw power or any mana buff in it. the one card is just there as a placeholder. take 20min and just look at the cards you have

• Options
    grinch#1756 grinch Posts: 27

I spent money on this game to get bloodsoaked altar so I could have an army of big demons. It was also a good build. Now they only last 20 seconds which means I'll only have like 3 out at a time using necro planeswalker. Glad I wasted my money supporting this terrible game.

• Options

I agree with OP strongly, this patch was the Devs listening to the community, and patching as much as they can. From development to production in two weeks with this many updates is great.

• Options
    mizaw#3562 mizaw Posts: 5

I Feel Cheated. I bought last 2 classes for real money and now you need to pay half the price to unlock all classes! WTF I want my 1500 ZEN back! I would never bought this last class if I knew it would be for free 2 days later!

• Options

+1 to OP

Really impressed the game is being patched weekly and the level of attention to feedback. It's a hard to strike the right balance between what the community wants and what the game needs, they seem to be succeeding so far, keep it up ;)

I am hoping they hotfix the Benalia region quest lock though...my OCD isn't going to approve of having one of my regions several levels below all the others lol.

• Options
    envicoenvico Posts: 156

"It ruined the game for me. the Glint "bug" was the only thing that kept the pace up in the game. Now I'm just sitting around waiting for cards to come back."

You were using a hilariously broken combo that everyone knew was broken and would get nerfed.

• Options
    dolane97#5711 dolane97 Posts: 35
    edited April 2021

Lol guys... Yeah the glint card was a bug and i never expected it will last long, i played it too and now feel bad that was fixed but it understandable.. WOw for class unlocking i'm glad i didn't pay money for this..

I'm agree the game lack draw engine, in paper game black, can draw cards by paying life, green with some creatures use, red by discarding then draw, blue is obvious btw. Dev please give us more draw engine, you can do this easily.

About the patch, it's good enought thank but a lot of important thing still needed to be fixed

• Options
    ldemarco#4328 ldemarco Posts: 15
    edited April 2021

Truth be told, they can't nerf demons anymore since the most you can have out without using the dimir class and fuming onslaught is now 3 and they only last 20 seconds which is a MASSIVE NERF , so if you want to qq cry about the fact that they still haven't acknowledged that fuming onslaught shouldn't work with tokens and is busted when paired with the dimir class (which MOST don't have as it costs too much $$$$ to get via packs or over 8million gold) so qq less and quit misusing bugs

Post edited by ldemarco#4328 on
  • Options
    sambrasil#3770 sambrasil Posts: 23
    edited April 2021

Liked this patch too. Low settings and free first class was a need to fix the game progression. Feel bad for the players who spent money to get cards but you shouldn´t had to. Spell storm card was a distant dream for me also, now I don´t care anymore lol.

My suggestions right now for the game are:

1) Create a different environment for decks. I mean, If I'm using pet´s deck, I want the artifacts and equipment to change as well. If I´m using spells' deck, They must change.

I give up exploring other builds because changing builds is not smart. I need to change the cards, artifacts, equipment, etc and this takes too much time. Imagine this in the future, when magic legends get more stuff, it will be even more troublesome to change builds.

So until there I need to settle with only one build for all my classes. Idk why this isn´t already in game.

2) Another thing I think is a need is a quest system that don´t rely on map´s quests. A independent one to guide players from normal to master, from low house to a strong house, from a weak account for a strong account.

Anyway, great patch. 10/10.

• Options
    edited April 2021

I think it's perfectly fine to change builds, I would max out the first build firstly, but I wouldn't worry too much about what is in the cash shop if you are buying that stuff with gold, that is just a hardcore grind, unless you really want to play black/blue. Having a second build from farmable items would probably cost less than 1mil gold and aether, which is already a considerable grind without having to buy artifacts and spells for 475k/1.5mil a piece then you still have to upgrade it.

In a few weeks time I should have all my artifacts maxed for my first build, though I don't believe a red spell deck is incredibly the most powerful spell deck you can have now and that's what I started with, not that I think it is bad, but there are better synergies in other colours that I want to try my hand at. I should explain how I mean by that before I receive any backlash, the lesser artifacts that help red sorceries are intended for dual colour builds and the greater/legendary artifacts tend to be for hybrid spell/creature decks which I think are simply inferior unless you can get both stats on the lesser artifacts for a mono colour for instance which you can in some other colours.

Post edited by htmekkatorque#3258 on
  • Options
    rimak#7647 rimak Posts: 1

You can do this with Loadouts, currently i'm lvl 36 sanctifier with two loadouts, one consisting of creatures army and poke (white/green) 900+ plus one survival based 850 (white/black). I'm using both at Master difficulty without big troubles.

The only thing that makes me cry is to see my money disappearing at the rate of 10k+ for a lil artifact upgrade.

Btw to answer the drawings : if your deck has big drawing uptimes, that's probably because it's not well balanced. Either its coming from cards synergy, your gameplay, equipment, artifacts, or all of them. An appealing build is not forcibly an efficient build.

• Options

ty very much for everything. Even the tips are prime. I´ll try harder to save my main build first. ty.

• Options
    raveman1000raveman1000 Posts: 22
    edited April 2021

I like the patch, but my only gripe is with the total rework of Spell storm.

This card just needed to work as intended (only reduce colorless mana cost from sorceries). But now, the way it works, it goes against the draw philosophy of most blue decks. They should bring back this card to rank 1 and refund upgrading cost, leaving the players the choice to upgrade it to where it was or just drop the card.

Really bad way to handle a problem.

• Options
    evilsoup#0655 evilsoup Posts: 274
    edited April 2021

I agree. its to the point where it should be a common. its not useful in any situation unless you want to have a lot of mana with no cards. its a card around spitting out a bunch of sorceries so why not make it a low mana regen % for number of sorceries in hand rather then this useless effect. until then, it will have a nice spot out of my deck

also, I don't think we are getting the 3 less colorless cost. they messed it up the first time and probably tried fixing it but couldn't since it now has a completely different effect.

• Options
    edited April 2021

I will disagree with you, I still think the card is solid, I am using it in green blue right now, I get a 6 mana discount on green warden. Though part of my deck building challenge is that the spell requires 3 islands, so I somehow need to make my deck more blue and right now it really wants to be a green deck splashing blue. There simply aren't enough expensive spells in this game for this to be amazing, though I think going forward it will be better.

I can probably make this deck a lot better in about a weeks time, I notice a blue spell that I don't have that would be amazing for me.

• Options

The spell is supposed to work on sorceries only, how do you get it to work on the greenwarden?

• Options

I've since realized this, however I think the wording is misleading because it says spells cost less not sorceries cost less and creatures are creature spells. It still is my point that when they bring out a good spell that costs 10-12 and is worth running for some reason then this will provide that utility and since blue can draw extra cards if given freed up mana then it is never really necessarily bad. Though if you are going to have to spam extra spells for no benefit then I don't see many people playing this playstyle unless it offers insane amounts of utility.

• Options

I take it back. after putting it back in, I find on the rare occasions I have less then 4 cards, I can quick cast without having to worry about mana. happens about once every 3 runs in mana rig unless I die from reflect.

• Options
    swillswazz#3383 swillswazz Posts: 20
    edited April 2021

I agree with this 100%. Players who bought extra classes should be refunded 1500 ZEN, as an (additional) class unlock was made 100% free. I'm surprised they didn't already do that already like they refunded the Premium battle pass reduction. I think we will get 1500 ZEN refunded "soon"...

• Options
    lordanthlordanth Posts: 53

Ya, that would be cool if they had some of that card draw stuff....

• Options

With concentrate, thought cadence and the 2 drakes you can make a pretty good draw engine. The draw +mana surge deck still works, even without glint.

• Options