NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ALL Rewards BROKEN for completing all daily realm quests, all skirmishes, and all story missions

I have been farming planar mana and noticed that my progress seemed really slow while doing all types of quests, missions, skirmishes etc. This is a huge issue as currently I am not sure why anyone would farm content more difficult than normal difficulty?? I have no reason to believe that gold being rewarded is correct as well, but I did not take the time to test this as it is significantly less important (not capped weekly).

Eventually I started writing down the # of mana I currently had before/after receiving completions rewards.

Currently NO rewards in the game are scaling properly with difficulty. An example: the daily realm missions on Master state that they rewards over 1000 of their realm specific mana, but if you check your currencies, you receive only 500.

Skirmishes that pop up stating that you receive 67+ mana at completion are only giving 50 mana or less, even on master difficulty. The mana received after completing any story mission on Master difficulty is also giving significantly less than what should be rewarded.

The pop up on your screen indicates that you are being given the correct amount, but you are NOT. I'm definitely done playing this game until this is fixed, as I refused to farm more difficult content for 2x as long to make the same amount of progress.

Comments

• almightybob2almightybob2 Posts: 13

Yeah, I can confirm this too (realised after noticing I was a lot less close to being capped than usual both last week and now) - it was at least since the 2x red mana event as I remember noticing a quest was supposed to give 2250 but only gave ~1000 (1125 is the normal amount on master but I didn't catch what exactly it awarded) so I just assumed it was a ui quirk and the red mana event might've already been over but it seems like it was just this issues applying to all rewards instead.

It's been happening with every single quest since then (master dailies only reward exactly 500), I haven't checked on other difficulties or whether it also applies to skirmishes etc as well. This has presumably been going on since the patch when 'rewards were fixed to give the correct amount for difficulties/switching difficulties' as I know they worked fine before then.

This may be the last straw for me tbh... I still had so much hope for the game and stayed when ppl were leaving in droves, I love the idea and combination of mechanics and was happy to forgive a bumpy start. I've worked on games and know the difficulty with trying to fix a range of bugs like this, esp at open beta but it seems like the classic spaghetti code issue of 'fix one bug, three more pop up' and what's more off-putting is the priorities given for these. Seems like things are pretty skewed with anything that gives the player any kind of leg up on the F2P model taking a clear precedence whilst literal gamebreaking bugs and players being arbitrarily DISadvantaged are left at the bottom of the board. Any 'gestures of good faith' to apologise for clearly obvious issues on the game's part are also severely lacking giving the impression that, as we won't be compensated for wasted effort on broken aspects of the game, it makes more sense to just stop playing until maybe it works properly in the future.

Obviously I understand why things jeopordising the business side would be prioritised and I don't mind that too much but... the rest of the game is in a barely working state - there are still a bunch of literally non-functional quests and skirmishes, some of which certainly worked previously which further gives the impression that more is broken than fixed each week. Not to mention that in a game where literally every possible aspect of progression is capped, turns out we've been earning half as much as we should have... really leaves a bad taste.

I still believe the game has so much potential, I did enjoy the gameplay probably more than any arpg since Diablo 2 but as much as I didn't want to admit it, this seems more like the obvious and lazy cashgrab people were afraid it was... I hope to come back in a few months to a year and be pleasantly surprised at all the ways things have been improved...

• Yeah, it is a shame. There isn't much to do end-game, but I was still logging in to try and hit the weekly cap milestones so that I can keep upgrading the pieces of my personal realm and then in turn level up spells, etc.

I didn't mind because there wasn't a huge amount of time & effort required, and the combat system keeps things a little less stale since you can swap classes and spell cards around

Having said that, there is absolutely no way anyone should be grinding these mats with these broken drop rates. I'm glad you may have been able to help them pin down when they broke it, but there is really no excuse for it to have happened... nevermind for it to have been going on for this long without being resolved. It makes me wonder if they even know it is broken.

This should be embarrassing, IMO. In a game that progression entirely revolves around farming gold/materials/levels, and is entirely dependent on monetization through players wanting to save time to collect these resource, and they have let the process of acquiring them sit broken for almost 2 weeks --- and possibly don't even know that there is an issue??? This would almost be funny, if it wasn't so dismal.

There is no content to use higher level spells, etc on anyway... anyone playing the game on master should be furious right now, as they are absolutely wasting their time. I wouldn't be entire surprised if EXP and Gold drop rates are broken to go along with the planar mana rewards.

I would really like to at least see someone acknowledge that they are investigating the issue.

• unixept#7049 unixept Posts: 3
    edited April 2021

Hi, I'm afraid no one will give you an answer here, unless someone from Cryptic is pushed from their job to extinguish the numerous fires this "Beta" has started, as the Community Manager Yaviey has not post anything on these forums since the 7th of April (and since the 1st on their subreddit). You can see that SoFech from Perfect World Entertainment posted the last patch notes, and that forthewinwin posted a bit to gather feedback about the Story aspect.

To be fair, the last State of the game said that a real patch is coming mid-April. But I don't understand where they came from, where they are, or where they are going to with this game. SO MUCH needs to be done for it to be at least a game. Today it just looks like a puzzle of scrapped pieces from a project that changed several times over the years, and over the functional layers (marketing, production, design) of these two companies.

What seemed weird to me is that I didn't know anything about them before. But after understanding that their business is to turn any license willing to sell them their intellectual property into another hollow Free to Play MMOARPG full of micro-transactions, I felt relieved that I stopped investing in Magic: Legends. Honestly, I should have known it since I read its name, I must admit the "Magic: The Gathering" part got me...

Personally, I'm only still here for the drama.

/popcorn

Post edited by unixept#7049 on
  • This bug is in your favour, you get 2x the amount that it caps, so the cap progress seems slow but you're getting 30k this week if you cap it.

• Can you elaborate?

If you check your current amount of any type of resource and then receive a skirmish/skirmish reward... then check your wallet again, you will see that you did not receive the amount that was stated. This is obvious when completing any skirmish, story mission, or daily quest for each faction.

In the case of the daily quest for factions, you receive 500 instead of over the 1k on master difficulty. You are receiving less than half... if you wanted to farm 2x the amount of the cap with the bug you are saying exists, then you would need to farm almost 60k to hit the 30,000 planar mana, unless I am overlooking something

• Yeah my bad I explained myself poorly. Doing master skirmishes/mana towers gives you X mana, but only caps you X/2 mana.

The bug that you're talking about is something that they fixed last patch were dailies rewards were scaling with dificulty, they just left the numbers wrong but you'll see that you get 500 mana and 500 mana increases in your cap. But if you don't claim your dailies until your mana is capped, you'll get 30k of each by running open world skirmishes.

• enferno33enferno33 Posts: 114

I have no idea what you're talking about as I probably have more hours in this game than most and I can surely tell you that you cannot get 30k because what I am actually talking about is that it capped at 15k and I get ZERO planar mana. It was suppose to reset the weekly cap on Tuesday morning, however it went 2 days longer so we just got shit on once again.

• The game has bugs where certain things do not count towards the weekly cap. For instance, last week with the bonus to red mana, all of the extra red mana received did not count towards the 15k cap... by the end of the week I had way more red mana than all of the others, even though they were all sitting at the 15k cap.

I assume he is saying that if you turn in daily quests after you manually grinded 15k planar mana that you can get rewards that do not count as part of the cap. I do not know if this is true, but if it is then I have to assume it is a bug... and thus yet another thing in the game that is broken, and sounds like certain people are exploiting it, while the rest of us are getting screwed over by the BROKEN rewards received from mana tower defense / skirmishes / mission rewards not giving what they are reporting.

• enferno33enferno33 Posts: 114

Well, if he meant that if you hold your dailies until after you've grinded 15k, then he is wrong. Just like if you use your 2 days 18 hours planar mana AFTER you've already made 15k for the week, you'll lose it. Just try it for yourself and you'll see. I have tried it a few times and I assure you, that it doesn't work that way.

Yes, I am aware of the red mana not counting towards the 15k weekly cap, however that is irrelevant to this topic. That has absolutely nothing to do with them not resetting and it remaining at the 15k weekly cap for 2 extra days. Also, the daily didn't reset for 2 days, the store battle pass daily didn't reset for 2 days and the event didn't reset. So, again, what does this have to do with everything not resetting on time?!

The point of this was to say we're wasting our time because they aren't compensating us for the lost time / xp / materials and therefore there isn't any reason to play this game until they actually learn how to code correctly and fix it.

I run two servers. One on EQ1 and one on AC1. They can't even get the timer codes correct for the daily / weekly ffs. That is super easy to do, trust me. Some of these bugs should be very easy for them to fix, it doesn't make sense of what they're doing with their time, unless they aren't actually working throughout the week. Nothing else makes sense, if you know anything about the bugs / coding. I've made numerous amounts of mods for games throughout the years as well and they apparently don't have many people that know much about what they're doing.

I've also played a ton of alpha / betas and I have never seen anything this broken (sure, they all had bugs of some sort, don't get me wrong, but not like this). Also, this game seems to get worse instead of better. Now their solution to fixing these low end machines from crashing is to completely nerf the highend machines. Now, I can't even see further than 20 feet when anyone gets near me and this wasn't like that before. If my PC can't handle a game then something is clearly wrong. I had no problem with this game until the last week (whatever they decided to do) and now I have to close the game with control+alt+esc the first time I launch it, when I never had any problems before and I haven't even updated / downloaded / installed or changed ANYTHING since playing this game.

Here are my PC specs:

Intel Core i7-8700K CPU

64gb 3600hz RAM

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI GPU

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING MOBO

ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Gaming Monitor Curved Ultra-Wide 3440x1440 100Hz G-SYNC

Windows 10 fully updated

ISP: 500gb download / 26gb upload

• I agree with you. There are a lot of display / performance bugs / crashes that suck, but I am more willing to accept those for a game considered to be in beta...

But these issues with wasted time / resource rewards being bugged / weekly & daily caps not resetting when that is really the ENTIRE long term hill to climb in this game are not acceptable IMO. At this point I think, as compensation, they should just give all players 15k of each mana, and whatever the weekly cap is for each other resource, and not have it count towards their caps for the current week.

The game crashes to desktop all the time when I use AOE on large groups of enemies, and I can live with that... but broken/bugs in coding that cause to wasted time grinding resources & materials that they are artificially limiting and capping to encourage their store is complete BS.

Figured I'd give a quick update while I have a minute.

First of all, the various changes and fixes in the latest patch are great to see - it's nice to know they are actually listening and at least attempting to try....

Having said that, nothing has changed with these bugs at all and it's by far the biggest issue imo as it's a literal gate on any kind of progress every player can make. Also I'm not sure about anyone else but I've been having MUCH WORSE performance since the patch for whatever reason so that doesn't bode well - genuine slideshow gaming and frequent freezing, it had never even come close to being that bad previously.

I double checked the daily rewards after the patch and it's still as it was before - dailies give 500 mana (1000 for the doubled colour) and 250 gold, despite the rewards displaying as 1125 mana and 1062 gold (not sure if that's a display bug and we're actually only supposed to get the half/quarter amounts but either way, it's more than off-putting enough to stop playing).

I'm including a couple of screenshots... please excuse the horrendous mess they're in, I just wanted to jam the relevant info together and my paint skills aren't what they used to be (as you can see, we get about half the displayed mana and seemingly a quarter of the gold).

I'm also not exactly sure what the deal is with the caps counting differently or not but you can also see that my weekly cap number was going up by EXACTLY the same amount of mana as I was actually being awarded, so I don't see how that'd be a thing unless it's also being displayed incorrectly (and like others have stated, it's kind of irrelevent to the main point anyway).

Based on how things are treated tho, I'm still pretty cynical about the priorities... From this patch for instance - spellstorm; yes it should clearly not be giving infinite mana but the way the patch notes read kind of sounds like 'well it should work like X, but we can't actually figure out how to make it work how we intended so we're just gonna make it work like Y instead'.... that's a pretty damn worrying design philosophy. "oops, can't figure out how to fix it so let's just turn it into something else instead" XD

Spellstorm was the first mythic I found and I built my entire character around it - I usually like cheap cycle decks but I leveled up a bunch of expensive sorceries which specifically had 3+ generic mana costs to work with the card (I obvs didn't know about the bug at the time). Once I did hear about the bug, I certainly expected it to be fixed but I definitely did not expect the entire premise of the card to change and almost be reversed.

The behaviour seemed to go from a flurry of spells (having to keep casting one within 3 secs thus needing to keep up with draw and mana regen) to imo, what amounts to the exact antithesis of blue in magic.... having as few cards in hand as possible when casting spells, basically topdecking and not planning ahead which seems very un-blue to me (blue's main draw spells like concentration don't even seem to synergise as it makes sure your hand is NOT empty). Couple that with the fact that the best/only item for mana regen requires you to cast spells while having a FULL hand... it just seems like absolutely no thought was put into how these concepts gel together or coalesce into a build. Note that if blue gets a bunch more cantripping spells (spells which draw 1) then I can see that strat working but I don't think that's feasbable as things stand. Thought cadence kind of does that but also has a ton of anti-synergy as you need to cast mostly useless, duplicate creatures and enchantments to keep cycling but only the sorceries get cheaper from spellstorm - just seems like a very muddled strategy.

I know the spellstorm thing is a totally separate matter but it really does seem to show some concerning development practices so I thought I'd point it out as an example.

In any case, MTG came out with a new set yesterday so I'll likely be washing my hands of this mess until it seems more functional. I still do really hope it gets to that point

• senditu1senditu1 Posts: 61
    edited April 2021

the daily reward mana was changed 1 or 2 patches ago, but they didnt change the visuals for it, you still see the higher rewards for the higher difficulties, but every difficulty now gives 500 planar mana no matter on what map difficulty it was done or rewarded (they did because ppl with 100 gear score did the quest on normal then switched to master and got the higher rewards). i would have preferred the higher reward as standard myself, or another solution like you automatic get the daily reward the same second the daily is done, so that you get the higher rewards if you do it on higher difficulties

• QUESION: WHAT QUEST OR SKIRMISH DID THIS HAPPEN ON? I WAS NOT ABLE TO REPLICATE THE RESULTS THAT YOU MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU CAN PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM YOU ENCOUNTERED PLEASE ADD THAT TO THE POST

SNOPES

I SCREEN SHOT MY MANA BEFORE AND AFTER MASTER LEVEL SKIRMISH AND THE NUMBERS LOOKED OK TO ME.

I DON'T EXPECT ANY REWARDS FOR DEFENDING THE ESTABLISHMENT, BUT ... WHEN SOMETHING IS NOT ADDING UP I TRY TO SPEAK UP.

That's good to know, thanks for clarifying. When they said they were going to fix the issue of people breezing through dailies on easy and switching to master, I just assumed the obvious solution was to not let people do that... rather than simply blanket lowering the rewards for everyone. I did acknowledge that might be the case ("[not sure if that's a display bug and we're actually only supposed to get the half/quarter amounts but either way...]") but I never thought for one second, that it was due to them 'fixing' that exploit.

I certainly feel silly for doing all my dailies on master now, what a complete waste of time!! It's a pretty weird solution to an exploit they seem to care about though - If I'm understanding correctly and they didn't actually FIX it but rather just reduced everyone's rewards to flatten the difference between ppl who use it and those who don't... Their solution actively ENCOURAGES people to use it as it's just the objectively fastest way to complete them and has barely any penalty, maybe a world enchantment or two. I genuinely can't see why absolutely everyone should NOT do all their dailies on easy now.

I'm not sure if you're speaking to me, but I did try to be as clear as possible in my posts - if my ridiculous walls of text still weren't enough then these forums are not for me. I have considered trying to make posts on all the bugs I've encountered but it seemed kind of pointless based on how many there are and how slowly they seem to be prioritised, as well as being exhausting.

The screenshots were from directly before and after redeeming the daily quest reward as it was an easily controllable test and that was what I was checking specifically - whatever the actual quests/skirmishes were, their payouts were already rewarded to ensure they didn't matter.

If I've understood senditu's post correctly, my specific issue here does just seem to be a ui bug with the displayed daily rewards rather than any real problems.

Having said that, it just further reinforces exactly what I was saying about this bizarre design philosophy - quick & dirty, hacky fixes galore and seemingly minimal thought given to how these changes will affect the game and its players.

• Really what it comes down to is this, from what I have seen so far..

If players get any sort of benefit from a bug, it gets a quick hack fix and any side effects or negatives to the players are ignored.

If the bug is a detriment to players, then it can sit there and be ignored for weeks... it won't even be acknowledged.

Yep, that's certainly how it feels at least and it's incredibly off-putting