NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for April 1, 2021 Update Notes

Comments

• turb0164turb0164 Posts: 11
    edited April 2021

New week, it's an actual ARPG for a few days instead of a mobile game woohoo! Time for more beta testing!

Tuesday 10am central: 1 hour until weekly cap.

11am: 1 hour

12 pm: 1 hour

1pm: Timer is blank, but everything is still capped

naps

5pm: YAY IT'S NEXT WEEK, time for beta testing!

*Weekly battlepass started at 14/20 skirmishes completed already.

Did a skirmish, +1

Did a skirmish, +1

Did a Mana Tower, +0 (despite some people on reddit saying Mana Towers were upticking theirs)

Did a skirmish, +1

Planeswalked to different Overworld, +3 weekly quest complete without doing another skirmish. Um...I mean, considering the number of skirmishes that bug out and delete rewards, I'm happy to get some early for a change, but yeah, I'm trying to report every bug I find, good or bad, even if some other people are trying to keep exploits secret.

*Skaabination skirmish, final Elite Skaab died, dropped loot, Skirmish rewards popped up. Skaab rezzed itself, was invisible but dealt and took damage. Killed again, no loot drop this time. Rezzed itself again, still invisible. Planeswalked away.

*During Gavony skirmishes, I somehow killed 22 "Emberlings" for the Shiv daily. Again I prefer having this kind of bug to the opposite, like the Tazeem oozes not counting as Oozes for the Gavony daily, though I'm curious what in Gavony counts as an Emberling? Maybe the Tazeem oozes are coded as Emberlings too, and that's why they didn't count for the earlier daily.

*Expanding on the previously reported bug of Geralf's Charge monsters not counting as Gavony monsters for dailies but Against the Horde monsters do count as Shiv... monsters in Dreadnaught Defense and Like Minds do not count as Tolaria monsters. Guess we're killing Shivan Homarids :P

*Like Minds, sometimes standing too close to the Cerebral McGuffin at the end renders your character unable to "find" it for the quest objective until you step backwards away from it.

*You can turn on Regional Enchants on Hard difficulty, but you can't read what they do until you switch to Expert or Master.

*Do Regional Enchants increase rewards at all, or are they there purely for challenge? Again given that Master missions sometimes reward 1400 xp and Hard missions sometimes reward 23,000, it's hard to tell. It's possible that the highest rewards are being given for Expert-not-Master-no-Enchant-intentionally-get-Bronze-instead-of-Gold or something, especially if the "higher" rewards are being deleted by weekly caps or something, numbers are all over the place...

*Tazeem's Wild Energies mission on Hard, with "Unearthly Durability" Regional enchant being displayed for Expert/Master. Loaded into the mission with some kind of large lava-ish puddle under my feet, dealing damage while the mission title was still being displayed and movement was disabled until you mash clicks enough to be allowed to move; it looked kinda like the Cabal Cleric Special? But much larger. For the entire mission, every 5 to 8 seconds, a puddle would appear near me and burn for 6 seconds. They only dealt 766 damage to me (out of my undisplayed [lol why should you see numbers in an ARPG] health of 400,000+ based on how many hits I can survive) and 383 damage to summoned Creatures (ah cool, I wondered if they had some kind of AOE resist like a lot of games have) and sometimes some random 69's popped up too? Only hard part was entering the final arena without "being in combat", had to back up, then sprint and mash it between puddle spawns.

*Magnetic Pulse worked fine before the April 1 patch we're giving feedback on, and I remember it working fine for the first few days after. But recently, with no new patch I'm aware of, it has very commonly started Knocking Back enemies rather than Pulling them to the center. The timing might line up with when I ranked it up past level 3?

*Desecrate feels like it has some secret "Echo Slam" style mechanic where it does more damage per monster in the aoe. When doing mana towers, it sometimes one-shots 20 enemies, but later on only takes about a third health from those same enemy types if I only hit 5 of them. Both with a Sacrificed creature.

*Rotating camera while moving into a game-forces-automatic-rotating-for-cinematic-effect area sometimes locks the camera into a position that neither the player or the artist wanted.

*Battlepass reward of 5000 gold chest is not multiplied by Difficulty when you open it like the Reputation rewards are.

*Planeswalking from Sanctum to Benalia, changing Overworld Difficulty from Expert to Hard, still displayed Expert upon arrival until I changed it again. I don't remember this happening from doing the same from Your Realm (and doing so while in another Overworld will auto-re-planeswalk you to the story spawn point for your current area)

*Echo world bosses, if you kill the "main" one (from the tooltips) before the "tagalong" one, often the Tagalong will drop zero loot.

*With the weekly cap refreshed, finally got Prophetic Quill! First Crafted item had Missing Name.

*Prophetic Quill still has Aether Rush despite that feature being removed from the Mana Vault, Mystic Study, and Arcane Workshop. Is that intended? Mystic Study can still rush for Planar Mana, and lol Arcane lol Workshop lol can lol Rush lol Gold lol into lol nothingbecauseyouarecappedonrelicfragments. So maybe Quill converts Aether, and Mana Vault is just left out?

*Query: do Prophetic Quill crafts count against the secret unlisted World Enchant weekly cap? Should I grind Master missions before doing them, or will that disable the Quill for the rest of the week?

*Geralf's Charge, sometimes gate switches light up and are clickable while the gate is still alive.

*Geralf's Charge, sometimes the Generators have secret massive damage resistance. On the same difficulty with the same Loadout, one run an enemy Corpsefiend will drain 40% health per punch, on the next run they only do 2%.

*Suggestion: Since I expect Geralf's Charge to get the Vault nerf next (along with Bring Light to Dark and Dreadnaught Defense), my recommendation here would be to change the auto-kill gates to teleport monsters backwards and/or Incapacitate them? I'm worried you're going to either A, remove the gates and leave the mission incredibly difficult for ungeared players to Solo, or B, make the gate delete Loot drops and thus empower trolls in multiplayer to grief teammates with knockbacks.

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counter for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xx hours the whole planar mana not . are you on that ?! Could Anyone help me plz ?! it breaks the whole game .

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counter for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xx hours the whole planar mana not . are you on that ?! Could Anyone help me plz ?! it breaks the whole game

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counter for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xx hours the whole planar mana not . are you on that ?! Could Anyone help me plz ?! it breaks the whole game a week cirka without getting mana impossible to progress...

• Please up the xp for the battlepass for dailies and weeklies, what we have is not enough and anyone who get's a battlepass now won't be able to finish it.

• Small mistake. Going through a mission at Tazeem today. Wild Energies. Difficulty Hard. Regional enchantment Betraying Ground. At the end of the mission, you need to enter the arena, but round fiery circles constantly interrupted the entrance to the arena.

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counte for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xxhours the mana not .... are you on that ?!

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counter for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xx hours the whole planar mana not . are you on that ?!

• The Weekly Mana Cap is bugged its stucked since several days i play only for exp and gold cause i cant get anywhere mana not in missions not from the mission with the vault it should be resetted this day cause were in week three now official the counter for the echos is resetted and shows now 6 days xx hours the whole planar mana not . are you on that ?!

• gygax#5143 gygax Posts: 19

There is a piece of gear that buffs a summon and turns off that ability until the summon attacks, with the slow monster AI that can take a while, check your gear and swap out the piece.

• thadz#0568 thadz Posts: 0

Please make an option to be able to change Cursor Color and Size Anoying how im always trying to find where is my cursor

• +1. I totally agree with these points and I would love to see these changes made.

• trollmasterrtrollmasterr Posts: 32

Logged in today and:

Yeap, still no quest reset :(

• I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I get disoriented by the overlay map rotating whenever I rotate my camera angle to see what's going on. Especially since the overworld map used for fast travel doesn't rotate with your overlay map. If I had the option, I would like to have the overlay map locked at true north and only have my character's position indicator rotate direction in place when I panned my camera angle on the overlay map; the same goes for the minimap. When I explore areas, I like having the overlay map on top, but there is no option to control the opacity/transparency levels of the overlay which makes it difficult for me to use and see what's happening. I wish we could control the overlay map's transparency.

• What I do is keep north always pointed up on mini map and overlay map, and don't mess with camera rotation. I do this until I reach a place where I'll need to battle for a bit, then rotate camera as I wish. Then rotate map back to north as up when moving to next skirmish. So just travelling between battles I keep north always up and it helps. Hope there will be an option lock the map that way. Hope this helps.

• turb0164turb0164 Posts: 11
    edited April 2021

*Expert Missions Bring Light to Darkness, Wild Energies, and Like Minds gave about 35000 xp each, some consistency! Then Social Artiface gives 2250. With 8 extra loading screens. And Dreadnaughts that never drop loot even when Elite.

*Expert Bring Light to Darkness, a Hypnotic Fallen Soldier did over 900,000 damage with one attack? Which is more than my secret health total. I've heard that the secret Disorient mechanics include a secret wake-up-crit bonus, but I don't think I've seen a multiplier that high for player spells...

*The Aegis Artifact mentions a distance of "10 feet." Every other tooltip I can think of says "close," "nearby" "in a cone" etc. Would like to see actual numbers in more tooltips, even if you have to pull a Diablo 3 and have the default tooltips say "do damage to bad guys" and options menu to turn on Advanced Tooltips "Deal 17,252 Red Sorcery damage to enemies within 12 feet." (or Meters, or Fblthps, or pull a Guild Wars 1 and have Nearby mean the same thing for every spell)

*Some Sorceries don't trigger Reflect...mostly Hazards (though some do...) but some others too. I'm hesitant to say which ones until you fix the other bugs with reflect...if a 20% reflect actually does 300% damage, we should have some tools to overcome it while waiting for the beta to get closer to a release-worthy state.

*Arcane Workshop can contain Equipment you already own, which created an unowned Artifact when purchased.

*Got a 3am daily quest repeat again, and was awake enough to do one this time, and claim it. Tomorrow I'll see if that messed anything up. Also saw new patch tomorrow in your Announcements! 4 of my 86 previously reported bugs are fixed, good start! Assuming it doesn't add 5 more we're getting closer to being a game I'd actually recommend to friends to enjoy, rather than an unpaid QA job to do while looking for a real job.

• i wonder if hey even read their forums (guess not seeing nothing major is fixed)

For the love of god fix the npc talking and dropping frames to 1. Just shut em, delete their quotes, make em silent, or delete them alltogether since they're useless.

World bosses are a pain to do cause of npcs talking all over the map

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 77

I don't know if it's a bug or just bad UI, but the project 'research spells' doesn't have any display of what spell pages you gain. Similarly, claiming a spell pages pack from the battlepass doesn't give you any indication of what spell pages you received. I have no idea if I'm getting any spell pages at all, and even if I am, it's hugely frustrating to not see what loot i'm getting.

Nani Oola (and probably other fights) - the undergrowth ability needs to be more visible. It's absolutely massive damage, and it gets hidden by pretty much all spell effects, so you just die and can't see why until after you're dead.

edited April 2021

Battlepass weekly quest (kill 250 while spark is active): killing mobs during spark rarely seem to get counted. I'm getting credit for ~2 for killing 20+. Going to take awhile at this rate...

Consignment shop: i don't get the fixed prices. Why don't these work like the zen:aether exchange, where you list items for a price per item - let supply and demand set prices. This is especially important for the zen store items - i haven't seen one for sale in days, probably because the prices are too low.

• shaggyausten88shaggyausten88 Posts: 15

U mean a free market like USA is... RN Consignment shop is acting like a communist style of market where the "government" choose the best for everyone.

I wouldn't call the US a 'free market'. (Mixed economy, freer than some, But the US only ranks #20 on economic freedom).

But yeah, the consignment shop prices don't seem to have any real logic or reason. So of course we have shortages or surpluses where price doesn't accurately gage supply and demand.

• the game it is right now has no end game content worth mentioning, the content that is there is very repetitive and monotone to do.

the restrictions to number of decks u can have is very aggrevating, all it does is force u to delete deck all the time just to try something new and explore the combinations and possibilities. i dont see a good reason for this.

the restrictions to amount of creature vs spells also stifles the possible enjoyment of deckbuilding in the game. the fact that spells are way more powerful than minions, and minions dont even scale in dmg or get abilities or something more dynamic like that makes it impossible to run a creature deck at all, and pointless. 50% of the cards u can get(very rough estimate, only an example) are useless.

the possibilitity to craft basically everything except gold also makes the progressing slow and uneventful.

the game needs and overhaul in visual and sound immersion, it feels very bland doing quests.

On a positive note the idea of this game was very exciting, then i played the most painful intro i have ever played in a game, grinded through it, and when i finally thought the game was starting and about to get exciting i found a stale ineffective game void of immersionnwith a very restricted and slow progression.

i hope there will be some big changes in the game in the future. As i said the idea of this game is very cool and has the potential to be a very good game. sry for the dump of negativity but atleast the idea of the game excited me enough to care this much.

This is my opinion of the game, if anyone out there dont agree with me please dont post walls of text trying to convince me otherwise, i am not interested in such posts, or any posts saying i'm "wrong" or similar things. In fact that would be a waste of ur time because i will just block and delete ur messages. (this does not apply to people actually working with the game for the company).

Thank you for reading my wall of text ^^

Best wishes

Kaffe

• Why are there no footstep sounds? And the city after the tutorial is so quiet...

• Hi guys

Ive been pplaying for a week now and i have 2 suggestions.

1. A customized marker you can place on the mini map. nothing special like multiple markers for diferent options or anthing. just a single place marker would be great.
    2. i would really like to see that stats of my summoned creatures on the bottom right of the screen. so each car would display I.e. 4/5. if these stats could also change when your creatures are buffed that would be even better.
    3. sorry if this has been brought up before but im a noob and this is my first post. im not too good with forums haha.
  • Don't apologize for those great contributions. Those are awesome, the number with creatures would be a dream. Seeing it scale with buffs and such would be invaluable.