NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipment Upgrades

I think this is a bug, as I've not encountered anything that says otherwise...

Why do we have Gear upgrades and yet NO ability to upgrade a majority of it? I have heaps of gear that says, for example, I have 29 upgrades available and yet when I click on upgrade the button is greyed out and won't allow me to upgrade gear any higher. How the hell are we meant to further improve our rating if there is all this gear that can't be upgraded?

Also WTF is with Mythical Gear? I have a number of pieces that I have collected and yet I NEVER seem to find anything more to upgrade any of it. I have had to use lower tier gear and upgrade it as far as it will allow with the above mentioned issue just to have decent gear. Even then it becomes limited because it won't allow us to use the rest of the upgrades. Is there something missing in the upgrades that hasn't been added to the game or are we meant to just keep collecting crap and never upgrade any of it?

Comments

• It's been my observation that the higher difficulties give you better gear. Are you moving your difficulty higher and doing all of the overworld items and dailies at higher levels?

You want to be able to do Master level as soon as you can and all the time to get "stuff" you need.

• Not a bug, just how Mods are at the moment. Whenever a piece of equipment drops, there is a 5% chance that it will be a new Mod unlock.

• lifesagelifesage Posts: 5

I've been doing the harder level stuff for a while now and no new Mythical gear upgrades. Yet I have all this gear that says, for example, I have 29 upgrade and yet I can't upgrade any of it any higher.

I'm not worried about the mods. The gear says that already and yet I still can't make any upgrades. It even has the dot beside the gear piece to indicate there are upgrades available in the slotted equipment/gear. but it doesn't allow any upgrades to be made when I try to select upgrade.

• Sometimes I have problems when upgrading gear, I select the upgrade button but nothing happens. I just insist until it works, or I exit the loadout and enter again. I haven't encountered any piece of gear I cannot upgrade (as long as I have upgrades and aether, and the item is not at max level).

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

A screenshot might be helpful. 👀

My only guess with the given info is that your gear is maxed out already. Or it might be that just the selected abilities are maxed out, but some of the other mods aren't.

There's a little percentage by each ability when you're in upgrade mode that tells you how close you are to the max.

• lifesagelifesage Posts: 5

On the piece it says 29 upgrade available. I have the 29 upgrade material according to this and more than enough Aether to do it and can't do a thing about it. I have heaps of pieces like this that say they have upgrades and I can't do anything with them. I don't believe its max level as many of these I only upgraded a few times and then I suddenly can't go further.

I've tried this so many times and nothing happens when I come back into the game. Makes no difference how many times I leave and come back.

• Ok, according to the screenshot the core mod is at max level (look at the 100%), so that is why it does not let you updgrade it any more. To keep upgrading the gear, you have to select any of the other mods and then you should be able to upgrade.

• I've run into a similar problem. But with that piece I already upgraded it fully, yet says there upgrades left. I got all th mods unlocked and upgraded, whats left.

• That's one of the annoying things about the equipment upgrade system. Even when you have everything maxed out, you still get upgrades... Which of course cannot be used (not really true, they could be used once you obtain a new mode, but since new modes are obtained only scarcely...). It could be nice if they could be sold or traded, even at a loss, better to get a small amount of gold, or trading dozens of not needed upgrades for a single chosen one, that having plenty of upgrades that will never be used. The game is full of currencies that easily cap and/or have no much use, but there is no way to trade them while other currencies are really limiting. And this is not a nice gaming experience.

• Yeah