NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When you Screw over P2W

When you Screw over P2W, revamp your sales pitch, then ignore all past bought purchases you alienate the consumer. WE HAVE ZERO trust in your ability to NOT CHANGE OVER WHAT WE CHOOSE TO BUY. i bought with gold (from selling packs on market cause a consumable for 1 time use is LAME award for opening a pack, and i got more value with selling it unopened). then bought the draco artifact that summons the baylof's THE DAY BEFORE YOUR CHANGED IT, no warning, no refund, or replacement to a 700k gold at the time of buying item (equivalent to almost 3 packs or 10USD), then revamp over cap mana so you can farm gold like nothing. means my purchase was a waste... i felt cheated out of 10 bucks. and you constantly changing "CORE" mechanics like how much Planar mana it takes to upgrade the shops in your home city and not even acknowledge the fealing of "wasted" time to your longer term player. ---

IT FEALS LIKE I CANT TRUST YOUR COMPANY

why spend money when its just going to change again drastically without warming or recompositing the people who have paid money to your company

Calling a game "beta" then having a Pay market open already is always high risk, if you don't treat our hard spent money with care i cant see investing anymore into this game

Comments

• skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

I think you might be mistaken, the draconic flux artifact was not a paid artifact?

Even then, anything is subject to change even without the "beta" title. There will always be balance patching and Cryptic has said that paid items may be available for free through in-game mechanics at a later date.

• krumple01krumple01 Posts: 84

Cryptic's revinue model has always been this way. Just to give you an example of what happened regularly in Neverwinter.

The Chultan Tiger was a companion but could only be gotten by spending zen, most players just dropped the cash for it since it was a great companion pet. A month later they nerffed it into the ground and it became so useless players wouldnt even use it as an alt companion. BTW it was valued at $20 and they sold hundreds of them.

On a side note i spent $200 on an outdated pack only to get a class unlock that was purely cosmetic to me, no one else. Nothing else in that pack had any value at all peroid.

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

It's a fairly common thing in a lot of games that things that cost money at first become free sometime later on. It's a nice thing to do for the f2p players, and those who want to put money into it are paying to get it early.

• envicoenvico Posts: 156

If content is kept out of free to play players then they usually quit because they can never have "the cool stuff".

It is actually fair to let players get access to premium content.

• oblivia#2264 oblivia Posts: 28

not saying that the content should be locked behind a paywall im saying that the "item" shouldnt be changed if it is the "P2W" category. your selling a item with set stats "augments/buffs/effects" and then one day decide to CHANGE it without warning and not just changing new versions of the item, you change all the OLD ones as well !!! that is robbery

• antioch#8264 antioch Posts: 168

The game is effectively in early release, late beta. Anything can happen, and as players we need to understand that things can change. Look at the Dmir Assassin. Just saying.

Antioch

edited May 2021

its not beta when it has pay options open. AND isnt going to do a "reset"

if it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, it isn't chocolate milk

if devs try to hide behind "its beta so we can fuck up at launch" mentality, and get away with it. then we as gamers suffer as they put out more "halve finished, still beta shitty games" and the quality of the market gets flooded with money grab boring games. we as gamers need to hold devs accountable for this mess of a game

That's an issue you need to take up with Support @oblivia#2264. As, the forums don't seem to be moderated by any of the Gamemasters. So you're more likely to get answers there. Not trying to sound snarky, trying to be helpful! 😊 As text can be so easily misconstrued.

Cheers,

Antioch

if i have to "jump through hoops" to get something done about this, and it didnt just happen to me. then this is where it should be on the forums for me express myself and my frustration over how they treat there community.

if it isnt as easy as a in game button, making me log in and fill out forums to most likely get a email back saying "sorry we cannot do anything" its best for me to spend my energy to warn others of this item change, the way this company does buisness and hopefully prevent further things like this happening.

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

A game doesn't have to be in beta for changes to happen. Balance patches are not unusual, and paid-for items should not be immune to them.

That said, it wouldn't hurt for some kind of recompense to be handed out to those effected. Even something small, just to make people better.

The wording of the original post is a bit confusing to me, though. What item was changed? 🤔

Exactly. I remember when the Guardian Cub in WOW was BOE and could be purchased from the Shop and sold on the Auction house. Some of them are still circulating. It's now BOP and some people have a few extra on hand. Things change. To lose your cool, just makes you look bad.

sorry the bloodsoaked altar is the item im talking about

and a small change would be ok... but making it about a quarter of its original is TO massive of a change

• deathdemon96deathdemon96 Posts: 2

I'm 100% on the idea of removing P2W from the game, Removing Power from Purchases, Anyone who wants the game to be P2W is a horrble person in my personal opinion

• This was the price in planar mana of an rank 10 structure before the recent update. This is what is in the packs now. I can't see how the paid packs lost out on anything.

• edited June 2021

@oblivia#2264

aint 320 token creatures enough honey? Dimir / Altar still OP

• 1 goblin firebomber, 1 emberling, 157 blue illusion soldiers? 160 demons? How you keep them from despawn? I thought the altar had a timer? Than again the spawn would have to outrun decay. That is way cool.

P2W, is an evolving thing in the game right now. I wouldn't expect anything that is purchasable, to remain an advantage for long. Enjoy it while it lasts if you want to throw RL money at it. But, until full release, it's just that, you're throwing money at a game not in full release. Yes, I know, they're accepting Money, yadda, yadda, I've heard the song, I've done the dance before. Reality is, you have many choices, just like you, I'm entitled to an opinion. Pay, Don't pay. Play, Don't Play. But it's like gambling, you won't know the outcome of the "Investment" until later on, did you win an advantage, or didn't you.

I'd re-read the EULA. Perfect World has done nothing wrong, nor has Cryptic, they're developing a game and making decisions to better the experience for the 'Majority' of their player base. Not the minority. Yes, that means P2W, may get caught in a precarious position.

The fact someone can have 320+ tokens, shows the game is still in development and bugged, as that shouldn't be the case. They should be despawning, to limit server lag, and ensure a better gaming environment for all players. MMO, not Stand Alone.