NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capped planar mana to gold conversion

edited May 2021 in Economy

Reaching the weekly planar mana is rather frustrating, specially when your realm is at high level. However, converting the planar mana into gold is not so bad... If it really happens. I have checked the planar mana received on overworld rewards and there is no trace of additional gold gains. I was at 14776 white planar mana of the weekly cap. Then, I took the rewards for leveling up benalia overworld. I should have received 250 gold, 224 white mana and additional X gold for the mana to gold conversion. However, for mysterious reasons I only got 250 gold and 139 white mana, no additional gold. Collecting a shiv reward with 15000 red mana resulted in the same: 250 gold and nothing else. Therefore, now I am sure there is an issue with planar mana to gold converting in overworld rewards, as it seems it happens with mana vault planar mana as people complain.

I have also checked the gold conversion in skirmishes. There we do have planar mana to gold conversion, but with a ratio of 5:1. It's not much, but at least the good news are that the conversion is done prior to difficulty bonuses, so in expert difficulty you receive 1 gold for each 3,75 planar mana you don't and in master difficulty 1 gold for each 3,33 planar mana you don't. Therefore, having all your mana colors capped means getting a 18% increase of gold received in minor skirmishes, a 37,5% increase in major skirmishes and 45,11% increase in special skirmishes.

UPDATE: it seems the 5:1 ratio conversion also applies to missions, as it can be readily seen in the rewards information of the mission page.

Post edited by higurewindstill#9502 on

Comments

• gygax#5143 gygax Posts: 19

I have noticed that when capped and I collect a single plannar mana in the world it turns into 2 gold however, if I am sitting at 14999 I am not capped and a mission reward of say 100 mana is not converted, it won't give me the 100 as it would be over cap so I stay at 14999 wasting all the gold conversion until I find a wisp to drop me at 15k exactly.

• Interesting, thanks for the information. It makes sense that overworld mana to gold conversion has a different ratio, since you can get a single mana. I haven't checked what you say about needing to reach exactly 15000 before getting gold conversion, I will try to test it next time, but it is clear that there are some bugs related to weekly caps.