NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is consignment a waste of time?

1. In the meta game, is the consignment adding value to your game?
  2. Would you consider dropping premium items on consignment at random now that the cash players have paid to win and left the game? This would put something on the shelves of the premium page rather than looking at all zeros.
  3. Would you consider boosting world enchantments to they earn more than 10-30k in value if you use them rather than consignment them:?
  4. Would you increase spell page value so it is worth the time it takes to go to the consignment?
  5. Would transparency in supply/demand pricing help the game?

Logic and reasons found below. Let me know if you agree.

One. Now that the in flux of cash players have paid to win and left the game, the consignment premium page is empty.

I enjoyed trying to earn enough gold to buy stuff from the packs and unlock page of the consignment, but I guess I knew it was really just there for cash players. A casual payer is not able to grind 8 million gold in time to buy the premium stuff before it is sold out.

Two. With all the shelves empty on the premium page of consignment, would it hurt to put a few items on each shelf? Maybe allow each player one premium item selection per day at the consignment store.

Three. World enchantments are costly. Even with this World Event Weekend you are paying 10k gold to get a world enchant that might only sell for 9k. Add to that the trade token and it is really a huge loss. Even if you use it rather than sell it, you are not getting 10k gold value from it.

Don't even get me started about the high cost of planar mana and chromatic mana world enchantment crafting. They are just a gold sink.

Four. Spell pages are stacking up in the consignment to the point that the trade tokens are not worth the time that it takes to turn them in.

Five: The in game economy is clearly not supply and demand driven, or else we would see prices that went down as supply went up. Transparency in pricing would help me be less confused on this. -

Answers

• krumple01krumple01 Posts: 84

They will figure it out when they see the numbers of pages for each spell reach into the millions.

"Hmm, this is odd, players dont buy spell pages."

"Okay lets nerf sale price but keep the purchase price the same."

"Players are complaining that the rewards for missions and ordeals arent being collected because they are maxed out on spell pages"

"What do we do now?"

"I dont know.."

• gamzecikgamzecik Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

Consignment brooker mechanics is an insult to human intelligence, it makes me think anyone spending cash and time on this game is severely lacking it. Brooker is utterly broken, some items change price between 470k to 720k on predetermined intervals several times a day and you can make millions buying and selling at the right times . Many have done it already for weeks . Some prices makes no sense at all. 300 Fragment worth Suffocating Curiosity  is priced at 470k and 50 fragment worth gear boxes are priced at 720k gold. Guess what, not a single Suffocating Curiosity will ever be available at market. Its existence in brooker is to create an illusion that every p2w item is available at market . Every aspect of the game is behind a paywall and it is not surprising considering the well known predatory publisher and the most p2w franchise "magic the gathering" are behind this scam.

Post edited by gamzecik on
  • meloxxmeloxx Posts: 3
    edited April 2021

We are out of whales to fill the market, now the broker is just there to sell world enchanments to him. World enchanments giving such a low reward they aren't worth it.

And then there are all the silly buttons in the base where you can throw away your hard earned planar mana,gold and aether to get/research worthless stuff like spellpages, world enchanements or relics.

• tarmalentarmalen Posts: 8
  • meloxxmeloxx Posts: 3

I'm mocking their game design and economy decisions.

• flawed5#5479 flawed5 Posts: 18

Would the game designers mind dropping a few packs and premium items on the consignment every day to reward the players who are still here?

Honestly, putting the premium items on the consignment or in reliquaries would breath some life back into the game and give us a reason to look forward to logging in.