NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mother may I , pretty please has a button to block with summons?

My summons are getting out of hand. they run off screen and kill Silt Lurkers while I am trying to lure the Baloths out of their dens.

Can I has a button to tell them: "Hey, chill, just let the Silt Lurkers come to you. Wait here next to me and defend. Block them from killing me, but pleaze do not run off screen and kill all these Silt Lurkers before they are in front of the Baloth dens. Good summons, who wants a cookie?"

Plus one if you agree.

Best Answer

• deladude#1331 deladude Posts: 80
    Answer ✓

I use that equipment in most of my creatures focused builds, and while it is a cool effect it does not change your creatures target. This often times results all my tokens teleporting back to me just to run back to the mobs they were aggro'd on before I recalled them. What I really want them to do is teleport back to me and stay next to me as blockers OR teleport back to me and target the closest enemy. I do recommend the equipment, but it does not solve these issues on its own.

Answers

• wraithlin2wraithlin2 Posts: 50

Yeah it would be nice if there was a command to just teleport all summons to your side, even if it had a cooldown.

It's not just the silt lurker skirmish, there's lots of times the summons are being stupid and need to be reset and a teleport with a cooldown would work great.

• Indeed, since creatures are not controlled by the player, they tend to make stupid decisions. Some basic combat control would be appreciated. For example...

Attack on sight: your creatures relentlessly attack the closest target available. This seems to be their current behavior.

Be cautious: similar to the current, except your creatures are more careful, as they cease attacking and scatter when an enemy targets them with an AoE attack.

Stay close to me: your creatures will occasionally wander farther to finish off an enemy, but get back to you as soon as possible.

Defend me: your creatures form up around you. They only attack if an enemy gets in their range. Obviously, if they don't have a ranged attack and only have to take a few steps to engage an enemy in melee, they will do so, but otherwise they'll try to stay in line as much as possible.

Melee only: as above, but your creatures won't use ranged attacks. Useful if you want to lure enemies close to yourself for whatever reason.

One key could be designated to cycle through these options anytime, with your creatures doing whatever you told them to do as soon as they can. As far as I can tell, controller input still have 2 unused directional buttons to which this toggle could be assigned as well.

• lordanthlordanth Posts: 53

I don't know if anyone knows the game overlord where you summon all these little demons and you control them with the other joystick. That game was hella fun..

• havoshavos Posts: 71

+1 for sure.

So many Defend skirmish/quest mechanics ruined by summons. Gavony and Tazeem especially.

• Here is my very simple solution: Right now you can target enemies for your creatures to prioritize. I dk the kb+m binding but on controller its clicking the right joystick. If you use this feature without a target it will make you the target and signals for the creatures to return to your side (lets say they stay within 5-10m and only attack enemies that approach you).

• there is Equipment and a white spell to get your pets back (on different triggers) and give them haste, heal,.. ;)