NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the Point of Avenger of Zendikar's Immune Phase

skyeborneskyeborne Posts: 244 Moderator

I just thought of this since I replayed through Tazeem as a new Planeswalker.

As you fight the Avenger of Zendikar, when it gets to half health it goes into an immune phase. I guess during this time, you're supposed to be dodging the vines that root you, but there aren't any adds and there aren't any real dangers. It's just 30 second to a minute of just sitting there and waiting for it to get back up.

So, what's the point?

Comments

• gygax#5143 gygax Posts: 19

They could add a few fixes to several of the fights, not simply adding extra digits to health and damage but unique encounters.

For dragon in chains you could have the dragon target you in the air and make the ground effects hurt (like a LOT) so players have to get them close together or overlap them because they would last the entire fight.

The mana rig could have the crystals spawn like the event and these stop you running from the beam unless you burn them fast (also up the beam damage a LOT).

For the final in gavony have the forms nani changes into random, each with a different way of fighting her, not always the spider.

For tolaria have adds attacking devices that drain our spells similar to the way we drain his ability to use the shield, its a race to see who reduces the other to basic attacks first.

Of course all this depends on the concept of the mmo magic legends, with the holy trinity, you guys need to decide fast is this an arpg or mmo, at the moment it is too far between them both.