NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP Bloodsoaked Altar

Bloodsoaked Altar:

• Starting Life Loss increased from 15% to 20%
  • Demon Token duration decreased from 60 seconds to 20 seconds
    • Developer Note: This allows people to get a good burst of demons, but they have to work harder/create a build to keep them

996 loadout score

+688 black mana creature potency from artifacts (max seems to be 750)

+0 black mana creature potency from equipment (doesnt seem to exist)

and their damage output on master is ~100.000 per creature

having 12 of them barely kept up with the damage output of spell decks and having only 4 of them is way too weak (and embarassing) to further use it.

or am I wrong and there is a way to continuously maintain more than 4-6 at a time? (tried with concentrate/annihilate...not better)

necro is the fastest to sacrifice creatures I think (Q->W, base cooldown 16 seconds) and you get a spell every 7 seconds

and what do they mean with "work harder/create a build to keep them"? There is no way to prolong the creatures time.

imho just another bad decision in a long list of bad decisions.

Comments

• grinch#1756 grinch Posts: 27

You are limited to the number of demons that you can have because you have to discard cards. The only reason you could have so many is because they lasted 60 seconds. Their damage is terrible compared to sorceries and their AI is comparable to the intelligence of this development team(terrible). Now they nerfed the Altar into the ground you can only have 3 demons out, maybe 6 for around 5-10 seconds(depending on your build) and goes right back down to 3. Pretty terrible legendary artifact now. I spent $150 on this game to support the game and get the altar. I got the dimir assassin but I sold him because gold>class. Wish I never gave these people my money. I learned my lesson though. Will never spend another cent on Cryptic game.

• yeah same...bad enough that they made the dimir class free for all after they took the money and didnt compensate for it, now they nerf even more from those booster packs.

not gonna spend anything anymore

• This was the my favorite build, and now its just completely dead. I can't keep up with other decks anymore. I have to discard my hand every single rotation to just keep 6 demons. This and a multitude of other things will probably cause me to quit after the first battlepass is done.

• exiledthiefexiledthief Posts: 1

This is Horrible i've spent so much time resources (And money.) perfecting this build its gonna take a bit to recoup.... i'm probably gonna bail on this game after battle pass too.

• delitordelitor Posts: 6

I've spent roughly 25 bucks on this so far and I can genuinely say this game doesn't seem to respect my money. To do not just 1 nerf, but 2, and for those nerfs to be so egregious as to reduce the time so far.

My altar is only rank 15, ranking it to 20 is super expensive, I'm killing myself on accident out of nowhere, plus, even though I have no creatures with sacrificing abilities, my creatures either seem to be randomly sacrificed, counted as sacrificed if they die or time out, or altar just randomly triggers out of nowhere.

I don't own a single mythic black card, I should have no random unplanned triggers yet it happens. 20% is way too high, 20 seconds is way too short. I cannot keep my health up to an acceptable amount to even with all of the black health gain sorceries. I mean, that and the random nerf into the ground of cabal knight is messing with me (Does Cabal Knight have 0 health for everyone else, or is that just me?)

just getting my artifact to rank 15 was a ton of grinding. other games, when they do a nerf this bad, to completely remove an artifact from being useful, they do refunds, but not this one it seems. You can't have a good economy when this stuff happens, there are daily caps, and they don't have the decency to refund the rare AF resources and 100,000 or more gold.

• lordanthlordanth Posts: 53

Ya, I spent $150 too on this game. I spent I think half of that on boosters and decided to keep the altar. They had no warning or anything in the artifact unlock they were planning a nerf.

Ugh, why did I give them money if there is no confidence in what you buy?

I would like another one of those artifact unlocks FREE at the very least....

• gygax#5143 gygax Posts: 19

I have no issues with nerfs and balance changes, but this one seems a bit heavy handed, The legendary artefacts and mythic spells are what define your deck and playstyle. The increase in life loss is ok but can be offset with the demonic contract (a little bit). The drop form 60 -20 seconds is way too much, all of the buffs last longer than that, it would take almost that long to recover teh cards lost from the sacrifice. It was a defining card that needed some balance, now it is far from a legendary.

Any chance on meeting us halfway at 40? Or possibly lower thier life and increase their damage to make them the burst you want them to be.

edited April 2021

I sent paypal asking for a refund since they horribly nerfed this which is a digital good that is delivered "not as described".

• garro#0603 garro Posts: 4

I have a sneaky feeling half of what made BA so good was because glint was busted. So it's not just the BA nerf but glint fix too that destroyed the build. If (please pretty please asap its getting ridiculous) they fix creature potency / creature ai / creature damage there should still be a future for BA. Until that time we have to suck it up and spam sorceries.

• delitordelitor Posts: 6

40's still too low. The demons don't do enough damage versus sacrificing any of my cards except the very worst, and even then I'd rather not loose the idiotic life to get rid of another copy of scrathe zombies. 60 is needed to amass enough demons to actually hurt anything/make a workable defense.

• I spent almost all my gold, Aether and spell on this build and altar on lvl 20... I don't have any will to continue to suport this rip off.

• I ended up making an even better altar-based combo than I was using before the nerf, no loss here lmao

• This is the center of the it. The focus is on the altar and soon to be the main deck in swing. The demon is going to get a cap. I can see the hammer swinging if keeps at the speed.

• They really should take a look into it..

but you still can spawn 160+ Demons, but its not that stable and needs pretty much resources, just try to get to 80 there`s a stable build

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

tbh, even if tokens get capped at 10 copies or something like that, this build could still be good (assuming scaling is correct, and creatures are effective... which is a big assumption, I guess 😅)

• The performance issue is really all they need to sort. The timer might go to 5 seconds or 7.5, still given roughly 40? The game do not like demon screen.

• antioch#8264 antioch Posts: 168

I'd say, that there is more to playing the game then zerging everything. I'm certain that wasn't the intent, and I hope they cap the number of creatures that the Altar can summon permanently. :)

• nath#9170 nath Posts: 233

I just got dimir assassin level 20 earlier today, and I gotta say... I agree completely. 😆

This combo is ridiculous right now. They probably need to hard cap the amount of copies of the same token you can have at once. If it's something pretty high like 20, the combo would still be OP, but not quite as game-breaking.

I saved up gold for many days to get this artifact, and I still couldn't complain if it got nerfed further.

(Also, interesting note: BA says "if able" so I assumed it wouldn't happen if you don't have enough health, but I did get killed by it a couple times.)