NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pressing spacebar lowers your dps

envicoenvico Posts: 156
edited April 2021 in General Discussion

I hate to be that guy - except that I totally am the type or person to tell it exactly like it is with no sugar coating.

Pressing Spacebar to use your special power is cool - but a complete waste of time. Why? You can't cast spells.

As a result I only use spacebar power to finish the weekly mission (and I hate every minute of doing so because it bugs my spells and my bar - and the same thing happens to my friends).

Could we instead have the option to turn it off by holding spacebar for 3 seconds? This way we could use cool gear that requires us to trigger the spark power but doesn't lock us behind low dps. Thanks!

Edit : It is a nice tool when you are out of mana in a bad situation as a low level player. It can be useful in a pinch if you are wearing say the mythic helm of the litch that spawns enemies for using the power. But then again if you had been wearing a better helmet maybe you wouldn't need to resort to pressing spacebar and going into "noob" mode.

Comments

• edited April 2021

I agree, the spark power should be more useful somehow. What is even more painful about this weekly quest is that I believe it doesn't register every single kill, so if I kill like 20 mobs in one swing it might only count it for one or something, maybe that is intentional.

So far I have had a few of the zone quests bug up so if just one quest bugs up, imagine the grief, like I had use spells that cost less than 4 mana in any shiv story and I did like 3 stories, I made sure I met the 25 quoter each time and it never succeeded to be satisfactory.

I only just found where to look at the daily weekly quests last week for battlepass, so I realize if I miss like 1 day of playing for the rest of the battlepass then I will have to exchange all of my aether into zen. I think only a few hundred people will have played enough to get the Dimir Assassin so I wonder if people will start to buy the boosters up again soon. Maybe next battlepass will offer the same rewards and a second chance.

• I feel that they need a rework on all class abilities. they should resemble mtg better instead of doing underpowered attacks. for example, (considering that spell spam will get patched one day) mind mage special will be all spells cost 0 mana for set duration. during this duration, mana is consumed and no mana can be gained resulting in 0 mana after ability is up. sanctifier could have something like, your creatures and spells now heal allies nearby for 50% of damage dealt for set duration. it would be easier to just count it as lifelink but lifelink does not trigger mending aura if your at full health. you can even add more abilities to have more diverse builds. the unlock method would have to be hard for more powerful spark abilities. as it stands now, abilities do not work with your builds at all and I feel that they should.

• envicoenvico Posts: 156

Spell storm was nerfed to oblivion today actually.

The reason people use spells not pets is because the developer did not balance pet costs taking into account that pets are meant to last and sorcery spells are a one time effect. A 5/5 pet should deal 1/4 of your life... not some pitiful amount.

• Oh damn, I had just ranked up a blue/green spellstorm build to rank 4, I'm glad I didn't push it any higher. I didn't think it was that broken, I had a few cards that would brick my hand completely, I rarely found that I'd chain together more than about 7 spells and to do so I had to cast them suboptimally. Also it never truly went infinite because it only reduced colourless mana cost.

Now I think the best application of the spell is to run spells like shock/fog, get instant gratification by following up with a 50% off greenwarden followed up by a draw spell. This is possibly still not too bad, though the combined costs of cards, then you're left with the possible chance of drawing a second spellstorm, more fogs that potentially you don't want, but you can drop thaumaturge from your build, also running 2 draw spells, these 3 cards (the combo) and then that leaves you open to having 7 sorcery skills which you can go quite expensive with since reductions. That's a lot of trickiness for little benefit if any though.

• envicoenvico Posts: 156

Creatures in this game are very underpowered. One small change would make them very good : If they are alive and the card has no active ability when in your hand then you can't draw the creature into your hand as long as it is alive. This would prevent you from having "dead" cards in hand in the form of creatures that are still alive.

• edited April 2021

I think the creatures are very good for playing passively, like I can go get a drink or tab onto facebook and still come back and minions have been killed. My creature strategy so far has been upgrade the cards, don't bother with artifacts so much for now. So I've made a boros red/white glasscannon build where everything is near complete and super high level now and this will just be my relax build that I won't spend too much on, but to spend a bit to at least make it effective. Though if I did max this I could probably take it to the hardest mode and sit there and do very little.

If creatures were too effective, I think people would complain, I mean people were already abusing blood soaked alter, if they actually had to play the game instead of just making minions and walking to an area then profit. Also some minion builds are not bad, if you have some dedicated engine to exploding minions it is well viable and strong actually.