NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE! Put a Gear Score Level on higher difficulties!

I've ran into so many under gear scored players trying to leech off everyone else at higher difficulties! It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't make the mobs around you more difficult. However, the more players around you or in a mission makes the mobs become more difficult therefore putting more work / stress on the players who actually have the correct gear scores while the players who doesn't get carried.

1) Hard Difficulty requires at least 350 gear score.

2) Expert Difficulty requires at least 650 gear score.

3) Master Difficulty requires at least 900 gear score.

Please make this a strong change!

Comments

• bashnir22bashnir22 Posts: 102

See Post: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/magic#/discussion/6545/pug-idle-abuse-leechers

I agree and all i am doing is carrying people in Master dungeons or out in skirmishes. They just follow you around like a puppy dog. I really dont think they will do this :(

• grinch#1756 grinch Posts: 27

kick them with the chat command if they bother you that much.

• senditu1senditu1 Posts: 61

gear score is a realy poor benchamrk for ppl to play in those dungeons, i am playing master difficulty solo since gearscore 600, because of blood soaked altar that carries me through a master dungeon with 3 enchantments no problem . with your numbers i would only be allowed in hard dungeons, while being perfectly capable of hard carrying a master dungeon for 2 afk player (i just leave when i see an afk player and que right up again, in most cases i dont get the afk player again)

• I think the only difference between an item level 750 and say an item level 1000 is maybe 1 rank of spells and now they have enough gold to upgrade even the less useful artifacts. That's kind of artificial boosting at best and doesn't reflect on anything. Also I could artificially boost myself by putting on the rare rings I acquired that seem to be worse than the other rings I had on earlier.

• winteranestiwinteranesti Posts: 25
    edited April 2021

I found this posted in reddit for those looking for commands on kicking.

If you have issues with players AFK in a run you can kick them

/Team_Kick playerName

or start a vote

/Team_VoteKick playerName yesOrNo

There are a few things you can try if you are looking for commands.

/cmdlist gives you a list of commands, there are too many so it floods the chat window

you can use /cmds keyWord and it will give you commands with that word example, /cmds kick gives you all commands with kick in the name.

fun note, you get to see things they are working on like guilds. There is a guild kick. It will also only show access level 0 commands. Also not all commands may work.

I personally do not have issues with lower level players and recently ran with a level 30 and 35 and gotten a silver. As long as the players are trying, I really think its a fun for all event. I get bothered more by afk players than anything, but I understand why people would want restrictions and to use this. Good luck to all for event.

• that's true. it doesn't take much to improve score but, simply having a higher score gives you buffs. if I managed to have 2 identical characters with the only difference being the score, the higher score will be significantly stronger

• But that is what I'm trying to say is that the score is completely artificial, some builds are kind of broken and not everyone is playing optimally. So you can have a 400 score loadout that actually performs better than someone elses 800 score loadout. I have gears that are 55 score or whatever, and yet weaker than something of 30 item level. So if I am item level 800 and I want to raise myself to 1000 I'm simply going to put on the weaker gear that gives me the boost, so you'll amplify the problem, say that person who was 800 wasn't very useful to you at 800 now they are going to be terrible for you at 1000 and I've seen this in other games too with these requirements.

• Gear score gives you a damage and health multiplier, and is usually more important than what the gear actually does. You're gaining ~3x damage and ~3x health by going from 400 to 800.

• While I get that there are Leechers, the OP makes it sound as if it's an epidemic, and comes off as elitist.

Firstly, it's a game, take a chill and consider that not everyone is an elite meta gamer. Secondly, it's beta, people are going to try sub optimal builds and the complete lack of stats information in game complicates this further. Third, we don't need more restrictions / barriers added in the game, there's already too many. The better solution is to have social functions added to the game...

Lastly, and this is probably the easiest, strike up a convo / make friends / don't join with randoms. This isn't a new concept, PUG's in any game can bring a wide array of personalities and problems, if you are incapable of dealing with that, DON'T PUG....

The last thing the game needs is more barriers, I'm shocked players are this blind in asking for additional walls. Are people really this inept at making social bonds these days ?

• That's good to know, I guess I'll be putting on the rare rings and gloves that I thought were worse than my uncommons.

• it is a big problem. people are literally skipping hours of game play by going from normal to master. this was not intended and is an exploit in the game. what took us 1k rating players 50 hrs of grinding to just be able to complete master, is being leeched off by players who barely have 5 hrs in the game.

• +1

It sucks having to choose between playing by yourself or having to play with players whos spells are to weak to be able to contribute anything.

Perhaps an individual gold bonus to players who finish with out dying will push players to run content they are able to complete

• edited April 2021

This might come down to opinion, but I would like to see some of the rewards come off of a skirmish and shifted onto the story/ordeals, skirmishes are too fast and offer the best gold to complete, it should be that story/ordeal since they take a bit longer then they should yield better rewards. This mode feels more equivalent to a dungeon, although also shift some of that finishing reward onto the mobs themselves, because I find that I ignore half the minions in a story challenge. Skirmishes should be fun and everyone should be able to participate but they shouldn't be very rewarding.

I think dying shouldn't matter in story mode, but maybe it should in an ordeal, I think perhaps the best farming rewards should be in ordeals and it should be more of a hardcore survival mode, it should also be made more challenging. I started to realize this with the mana rig mayhem that since you just respawn then why would you do anything else other than glass cannon, but if each time you die, you lose some score and instead of getting gold if you die lots then you get bronze even if you killed lots of minions, because right now I can die 10 times, but if I killed more minions then someone who didn't die at all I'm going to get rewarded more.

These changes would get rid of the leeching since if you got a bad team in a story/ideal you always have the choice to disband in the first 30 seconds of the match and if it is going to impact on your rewards then it is not beneficial to carry the weaker individual.

• evilsoup#0655 evilsoup Posts: 274
    edited April 2021

that's a more reasonable option for a dying penalty. ordeals would have to get a bump up in max resources and it would require a rework, but it would be a nice addition.

• enferno33enferno33 Posts: 114

Ok, I see that most of you are misunderstanding here... You seem to think it's as easy as making friends and grouping with others. I solo every mission and event, so that isn't the problem here. The problem is the skirmishes in the world maps, which you CANNOT kick or AVOID the random players who are leeching.

Some of you apparently aren't very high into the game yet, so your opinions don't even matter on this topic at all, I don't even understand why you wasted your and everyone else's time posting dumb sh*t that makes you look very stupid because you aren't even acknowledging the problem to begin with.

Once (if you ever do) reach the master difficulty, this is where it's happening the most. I see 95% of the players there can't even kill the mobs and yet they're just roaming from Skirmish to Skirmish leeching free materials / exp / gold / gear while contributing zero help. In fact, they're making it harder.

Again, please don't make dumb comments if you don't know wtf you're talking about or wtf is going on in the topic. It's almost as annoying as the leeches.

• biplexbiplex Posts: 47

I have gear score 1100++ but sometimes play like a retard. Locking content to gear score would not help much in case like this one ;)

• in my opinion, the problem here is not in the players who steal something from you (actually debatable) but in the game itself :)

Very often if 1-2 players appear nearby, then very strong brakes begin in the game

I apologize for the language I write through Google

• Wow......omfg that's some seriously damaged thinking and outright elitism at it's finest. I can see clearly why you have trouble forming social connections in game...

Your gear score lock would do nothing. I've done some testing around this fake issue and let me fill you in on some truths.

I can grab a new class at level 1, load every piece of high rating gear that is completely useless as aa build, build a completely useless deck of mid rank spells, and still comfortably hit 955 gear rating. Using such build solely to achieve the highest possible gear score so I could conform to your desired restrictions but still access master mode, I have 16500 hp's and put out absolutely no damage. So your gear score lock is complete garbage on that alone.

Another thing, your talking about other players accessing skirmishes on the open world, and more precisely the rewards from being in the skirmish for completion...and this negatively impacts you how ??? aside from YOU not wanting others to have rewards what exactly is the problem ???

Btw, another bit of info for you, I as a free to play player have managed to level 2 classes to 30, my planeswalker level is currently 76. All of my realm upgrades are at level 5, all the spells I'm using in 3 different decks are all rank 5. I have several sets of gear either at cap or nearly capped, and I can push my gear score to 1100, but tend to sit at about 1020 currently because of the combo's I'm using still having a couple of upgrades left to do.

So regards your "dumb comments" rant at the end, I'd recommend removing your head from between your cheeks as it's restricting the flow of oxygen to you brain, then you might see your elitist attitude has no place here or in game. Thankfully your rant has exposed your "idea" for what it truly is and I have little doubt the dev's will just outright ignore it as a result.

• he makes a good point. he's clearly a noob that started playing late, yet his gear score would be enough to do master if a score lock were in place. he also talked about making a new planes walker. i can agree that making a new one makes your hp/dmg significantly lower yet your score hardly changes.

Oh sweet, someone who "thinks" they know the "truths" by assuming they know me, yet you say "that's some seriously damaged thinking", amazing!

First of all, I call BS on your little experiment of "I can grab a level 1 class, etc etc" because if you even TRY to do anything on expert/master difficulty then you'd clearly die in one hit, genius! Clearly, you're the one with your head so far up your rectum that YOU lack the flow of oxygen to your pea that you consider a brain being that you completely misunderstood this once again!

I don't have an issue with players as I have a pretty decent amount of them on my friends list who I play with daily. What I do have an issue with is people like you thinking they can justify the gear score by forming up a few sentences to make themselves sound good. The problem with that is you actually need to do some research / testing before spitting out something random and dumb. I'll dumb it down for you:

Someone that gets to level 30 on a planeswalker can have any gear score they'd like and come into expert / master difficulty and get carried. Meaning that they can literally have 500-800 score and go straight into master difficulty to get better / more rewards. So, yes my method would completely fix that issue. It sounds to me like you're one of them getting carried, I guess that's why you're so anal about it.

Aw, look! longtoke (<-- name states it all) has a fan! Noob playing late, eh? Apparently you haven't been on the forums at all because my name was on here weeks ago with 1000+ score (screenshots prove it). When I hit 900+ only 3 of us was roaming around master difficulty maps. You're both noobs as you clearly think stating the gearscore at level 1 is the same. Have either of you even tried that out?! NO! Because if you had, then you'd know you cannot go onto expert/master maps without being one shot!

You two must being doing this very thing because you came up with this elaborate idea "Hey, lets just spam them with getting a level 1 with the same gear score to make it sound like his idea isn't valid", you two clearly need to lay off the drugs, they're clearly bad for you!

• evilsoup#0655 evilsoup Posts: 274
    edited April 2021

I was talking about long. but if it took you more then a week to get 1k score then your a noob too. especially having that green warden glitch. The fact that you recorded your progress means you have some serious ego problems especially since you feel the need to gloat about it. also at least my name is spelled right

Post edited by evilsoup#0655 on
  • longtoke#5785 longtoke Posts: 31
    edited April 2021

ROFL

wow you are damaged aren't you...

Still can't answer that question ? , again, seeing as you obviously lack basic reading comprehension : in what way does another player choosing to do master mode in open world negatively effect you ?

bonus question if you aren't frothing at the mouth already ; how would a gear score lock stop any player like leeching ?

You seem really sore over what other people might do, while blowing your own trumpet with such arrogance it really does make me laugh. Please do keep posting so the dev's can get a complete picture to hold your idea in the right context - a completely asinine idea from a raving narcissist ;D