NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Battlepass needs a hefty xp rework

Let's say you start today and buy the Battlepass could you complete the track? Let's find out.

Dailies are +375xp, you need 1000xp to level once, I don't remember what weeklies are and I couldn't find posts on how much they are so for now I'm using 1000xp, if someone can give me the actual amount that would help a lot.

As of my post there are 79 days left.

So doing the math, if you do every single daily and weekly and this is being generous that there are 12 weeks left (probably 11).

You would earn 12000xp + 29625xp = 41625xp or 41 levels. The answer assuming weeklies aren't different is no, you cannot finish the battlepass unless you pay for the +15 levels and even then that is just 6 levels over 50.

All of this assumes you play every single day and do every daily and every weekly for the next 79(!) days.

This is not okay, we are people not robots, we can't reasonably finish this with the time allotted. Also for people who paid money to access the premium track this is a slap in the face as you are gating them from content they paid for that should reasonably be accessible like many other battlepasses out there.

I can only hope my math on the weeklies is wrong but even if that amount is doubled it's gross and requires ~90% participation over a near 3 month period. Reasonably 1 level per day should be the norm, 50% participation, I would support this financially and the player base would be considerably happier I imagine.

Please look at the numbers and how other companies do their battlepasses/seasons and fix this accordingly. Thank you.

Comments

• havoshavos Posts: 71

I've played games where every quest and activity you participated in gave you some battlepass xp. These were wonderful.

Even Genshin Impact, whose Battlepass I was not a huge fan of, gave multiple daily, weekly and event quests to level the battle pass.

Why include an infinite increase reward at the end, if you can only gain 2 or 3 more levels (If you start day 1 of pass) past max.

• It seems especially odd to me given that their objective is presumably to sell premium battlepass upgrades and:

a: the more battlepass levels you can get, the more appealing the premium upgrade is

b: people who can't get to the big level 50 reward (and the rest of the "unique" rewards along the way) are likely to feel dissatisfied with the purchase of the premium upgrade, since they'll feel like they're missing out

c: people with more disposable income are also more likely to have RL obligations (work, family, etc.) that prevent them from logging in and completing the quests every single day

So the conclusion I draw is that they would sell more premium upgrades if the pool of available battlepass XP was more forgiving than it currently is.

• sneaker42sneaker42 Posts: 86

Here's some math:

91 days = 13 weeks with 7 days

375xp per day and 1600 xp per week = 4225 xp per week

13 x 4225 xp = 54925 xp total

Battle pass seems to need 1000 xp per lvl for 50 levels, so 50000 xp in total.

You can miss out on 3 weekly or 13 daily quests, or a combination of those.

• If this is true and my friend starts playing today (april 8th) then they can no longer complete lvl50 of free battle pass. This seems like an incredibly bad system and that's assuming people log in every single day to do dailies.

• sargeriassargerias Posts: 81

Well if 91 Days of duration and you can only miss 13 days or miss the final reward its very tough and will scare away casual Gamer.

In fact i wanted to buy the premium pass but after i saw how hard it is to progress on the Battlepass i didnt buy it. I will buy it eventualy if i can see that i get to 50 on the pass. But right now this seems impossible.

• This is exactly how I see it too. I was about to buy premium then saw the 90 day duration, the math on xp required and that new accounts like my own didn't get the battlepass xp boost from weeks ago and reconsidered.

• +1 Battlepass XP definetly needs reworked... the current math just doesn't work for Battlepass... it should be tailored for the people that play 10 hours 1 day, and then might not play for a couple days.

• envicoenvico Posts: 156

+1 for Battle Pass rework.

Suggestion : Have a weekly/weekend catch up missions that are only available if you are below the current max rank of the battle rank assuming you missed nothing.

• xkevxxkevx Posts: 35

Has anyone here never missed any dailys or weeklys yet? just wanna know what level they are. im level 34 in the battle pass and im not sure if i missed any.

• edited April 2021

I just finished my weekly and am at 22 without the premium pass. I think they may have implemented double xp for the battlepass for the weekend starting today because I jumped 3-4 levels from the weekly vs 2.

• senditu1senditu1 Posts: 61

no you got around 2.8k pass xp as compensation for the daily reputation not working on benalia

• I am not familar with arpgs, but after a lot of criticism, I think magic arena has it right:

1) If it costs 1000 zen for the mastery pass, there should be a little over 1000 zen worth of prizes (NOT counting cosmetics) linearly distributed throughout the season.

2) If one does the daily and weekly tasks, one should level up by about 1 level per day. To do this, there would have to be a different number of levels than the number they've chosen. This would make things much easier for players to understand. Currently, you go up about 4 levels every week.

3) There is useless stuff in the mastery pass (e.g. relic fragments). That's OK, but not too much of it.

• casterial#9929 casterial Posts: 154 Cryptic Developer

This is great feedback, we are currently looking at ways to improve the battlepass system. One way is looking at running double battlepass XP events.

The battlepass saves 3 dailies total, and I believe weekly. So if you miss x days, you come to do those x days missed, up to 3.

Release Manager, Magic Legends

• envicoenvico Posts: 156

How would double battlepass xp events work if we had for example already completed the weekly?

Could we maybe have the first and last week of a 90 day battle pass as "double battlepass xp" week?

If you wanted to space it out you could make the midpoint week double xp and the final week be double xp.

• misguided#8384 misguided Posts: 87
    edited April 2021

One suggestion I’d like to offer: reduce weekly mission xp and increase daily so that if you are doing the daily you always gain a level every other day instead of sometimes getting stuck on one level for three, which doesn’t feel very good.