NOTICE: Read the Forum Rules and check for Known Issues before posting!

test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for April 1, 2021 Update Notes

Comments

• The one thing that absolutely has to be addressed is the main UI. The quest log and especially the party list take up vast amounts of real estate on the left side of the screen. By itself, this would be a mere annoyance; however, as you can click on the party names it rises from annoyance to frustration. Especially as "Remove Friend" is in the list.

• I think the aether rush event is helpful, considering you can save up the extra aether gathered over the weekend and spend less time grinding during the week.

I think I read elsewhere work is being done to improve fps and performance with things like foliage graphics in tazeem - while I appreciate the work you guys have done on the maps, I wonder if we could just get a low quality setting to turn off shadows and foliage? Tolaria is actually the most difficult map for me to play for some reason.

• I wonder what process allowed 'Thermo' to be fixed, but not 'Purge the Unholy'. They should have been a 'together fix'

• Did you farm in the same place? There seems to be a timer on drops that is reset after a period of time OR changing zones. Changing the drop rate % wouldn't affect that timer.

Basically, rezone every time you get a spell.

• arkoxio#1486 arkoxio Posts: 14
    edited April 2021

in first mission of gallory "the curse of -cityname-" if u die while the gate's spirit wolves are out they dont respawn and the mission stalls.

• Also the W ability on most classes doesnt work or works 1 time out of 10, either it just shows some armmoving animation with no ability usage or, if the ability managed to cast, it goes on cd and never goes off cd. it just stays greyed out and u cant use W anymore

• wraithlin2wraithlin2 Posts: 50

This is the first time I've seen this mentioned, anyone else seeing that?

• yavieydev#1767 yavieydev Posts: 187 Community Manager

I also shared this with the devs to see if there's anything we can do. It likely won't be something we could change for this particular weekly event, though.

Balance is a tough topic in any game like this. We'll continue to review player feedback and tweak, so this kind of feedback is great. We're also happy to hear that the game is running smoother for you!

• The game is great overall but it's still bugged everywhere. some endless farming spots, gryffin still deals overloaded damages and i keep getting disconected for no reason ( i have no internet problems whatsoever ). It's ok to have some issues at the start of a game, but i litteraly can't play the game anymore cause of DC's every five minutes.

Please fix this ASAP :)

• turb0164turb0164 Posts: 11

More from today.

Monsters in Against The Horde count as being from Shiv for Dailies. Monsters in Geralf's Charge do NOT count as being from Gavony for Dailies.

Hedron Havoc. "A hedron is being corrupted!" Ok there's nothing next to it and I can't click, shiftclick, altclick, ctrlclick, attack, or heal it. 100% of merfolk are dead. One of the 5 is lit up on the map. 4 minutes later, "Skirmish failed! You failed to protect the 5 full health hedrons!" Guess I should join the 3 AFK farmers that were on the map while I tried to do the bricked skirmish? Seems like more fun and rewarding gameplay.

Glint is apparently bugged according to people on Reddit and in the Twitch streamer chat that you're not allowed to talk about bugs.

Clicking the "Awards Available!" in the Guide after completing a Reputation level will give rewards multiplied by the difficulty you are currently in. If you complete a Master mission then go to your Realm before collecting, half of your reward is deleted. If you do all 5 on Normal then hop into a Master area, you can double all 5 (and the bonus Mana does not count against your Weekly Cap, similar to the bonus Mana from World Enchantments according to somebody on Reddit.)

While leveling additional classes, I've seen some missions give 12000 xp and some give 1400? Not really a bug, but might want to make a pass at some point to make sure that every mission has a reason to do it so the queues aren't empty. I highly endorse the recommendation from multiple people to add a "Just put me in whatever group needs filled" queue, otherwise people are just going to queue for whatever the current Vault is.

We're very happy to hear you've had a performance improvement since our recent update and hear you that it's still not quite there yet. We're still tweaking some things so your patience is greatly appreciated.

Custom waypoints are a great idea - forwarded to the team!

• trollmasterrtrollmasterr Posts: 32

@yavieydev#1767

Yet another day without battlepass quests T_T

• I keep being disconnected from the game since this patch, can't play for long anymore. I guess I'll wait since next patch before playing again ..?

Yeah, I made a ticket but considering forum feddbacks I'm far from being the only one...

• Add detailed character stats page, with hp/dps/crit chance and so on so we at least know whats going on. Like concrete numbers.

• Also some sort of filter/sorting for gear, right now inventory's a mess. Also a randomization of the affixes on gear wud be good so the gear we get is actually different from one another and it opens up to more variable builds, also improves gameplay

edited April 2021

At 3am Central this morning, yesterday's Daily Quests were refreshed, with a 2 hour remaining duration; sadly I was headed to bed so I don't know if they would have given rewards again/used up the next day's rewards or what.. Later this morning, I had new quests.

Necromancer Spark Power continues hiding your hand for 10+ seconds after the ultimate finishes. Can still cast spells, you just don't know what they are (until you see the targeting area, for some...)

Necromancer Primary attack sometimes does not display healing numbers, and sometimes displays 3 numbers per tick. Since we can't see our own current or max health numbers it's hard to tell if it's actually healing or not.

In Dreadnaught Defense, Homarid Walls seem to take damage from some dot/multihit spells? They flash IMMUNE but their health still goes down faster than just the Dreadnaught's punches...

In Dreadnaught Defense, Lightning Orbs sometimes won't overcharge the Inert Dreadnaughts.

In Dreadnaught Defense, most mobs despawn when the timer ends, but Juggernauts continue spawning indefinitely. Their loot drops are probably slower than pre-nerf Vault, but they do guarantee a Gold rating if you farm points a while.

A Light In The Dark also has a worse-than-Vault infinite spawn that I assume you'll be nerfing because you want players to do sometimes-working Skirmishes instead.

In Against The Horde, very rarely killing all the Towers will start the countdown for the next wave. 80%+ of the time, killing all the towers just has you wander around for 30 seconds with the "Kill the Towers!" objective still displayed.

In Divisive Rumblings, quite often the "Oh he turned invisible, that's one way to end a conversation" line will play multiple times, un-ending the conversation :P

I'm several weekly caps away from unlocking the Sanctifier so I don't know what ability it is, but one of their glowy explosions is much louder than anything else in the game.

Request: When a teammate opens the reward chest, could you please vacuum all loot drops they didn't allow you to walk around to pickup instead of deleting them? Maybe add a requirement of being near the chest to prove you didn't just afk at the starting point for free loot?

Some of the micro-skirmishes (whatever you call the events where a single NPC plays a voiceline to the entire map, asks you to kill 1-9 monsters, then gives you 150 gold) in Tazeem give 6 Green Planar Mana, which is odd because 1, I've never seen any White/Blue/Black/Red events do so, and 2, you get the "+2 Green Planar Mana!" popup during the 5 hour tutorial before the Mana Vault has even been built to allow you to SEE Planar Mana at all. I think the semi-invisible mana I earned did count once the game allowed me to see it hours later. Just a weird choice to make the four post-tutorial zones not give a resource you can't see during the tutorial.

Very minor annoyance compared to the other 40+ bugs I've reported, but clicking Abandon Match popup also Moves your character to that speck of ground under the UI. Once the Broker ignores player collision like Path Of Exile learned to do 7 months ago this will be an even more minor annoyance.

Upgrading equipment lists the "cost" as your total Upgrade materials. Have 0? Cost is 1250 + 0 (but fails to upgrade). Have 12? Cost is 1250 + 12 (displayed, actual cost is 1250 + 1)

Twitch Chat said the white Griffon ability is doing more damage than it should.

Shadow Orbs have a secret undisplayed weekly collection cap. The mentioned-but-not-displayed Refinement cap is a lie, which is a good thing since that gives players more control over what resources get deleted by other weekly caps.

Will probably have more to report tomorrow, but I'm capped on most things so won't be playing as much the next few days. Might switch back to Grim Dawn...

Edit: Just saw on Reddit there's an invisible weekly cap on World Enchants too, awesome, even less reason to login tomorrow. Beyond hoping this unpaid QA will make the game better in the future.

Post edited by turb0164 on

Thanks for your feedback on our UI. Our UI team has a long list of things like this that they're working on as we march towards launch.

Glad you're enjoying the Aether event! We have more types of events coming.

We are also working on performance and optimization, in addition to more settings so that players can customize the game further with options. More info soon!

• ozewaozewa Posts: 72

in tazeem mission "seed of hope" sometimes the hedrons don't actually proc the mission progress as shown here :

• Regarding April 1st patch...

I'm personally seeing an increase in spell drops. 

Suggestion: Could we have some audible/visual notification that a new spell/artifact/etc has dropped?

Sometimes I don't grab every single treasure on the ground, and can't currently tell which shiny icons are for what item. Also it would be fun to see/hear a new item drop, like legendaries in Diablo 3.

Glad to hear the assassin will be available on Battle Pass, and thanks for the XP boost on BP!

Regional Reputation Dailies

Suggestion: If we need to 'Defeat X boss/army/etc' please include which mission/ordeal we should go to for it.

For future Double Aether events

Suggestion: Assuming there is still an Aether cap, double the cap during these events as well (i.e. 50k to 100k).

Follow up suggestion: Since there are a lot of complaints/comments about caps in general, might be a good idea to explain reasons for caps to the community. This may result in better quality feedback.

Thanks

• tizm#6751 tizm Posts: 4

To start off I would like to point out that even though this may seems like a lot of criticism it is purely done because I really enjoy the basics of the game that you have created and I see an enormous amount of potential, so please keep that in mind.

Refined aether cap - The fact that you have to use refined aether to upgrade spells & gear stops players from trying out new stuff and having fun with various builds. Instead it forces players to focus on one build only to be able to progress through the master content. - "I see two options here: 1. Remove the cap and let players explore and enjoy all the various options this promising game provides or 2. Let players upgrade spells and items with gold instead of refined aether."

(Sidenote: I understand the benefit of having the cap from the game companys side, meaning more players might buy Zen to exchange it for refined aether, but I would think that both my suggestions to this issue would leave the playerbase in a more positive state, which could result in players opting to still invest in Zen coin to buy other stuff from the shop and to support the game they love)

Artifact fragments cap - "This is not a big deal at all but I really do not see the reason for it being there, so again I do not love it but can live with it."

Planar mana cap - "I do not love it but I can live with it. The fact that it only stalls 'Your Realm' progress is not great but fine."

I would suggest to add the weekly cap to 'Orb of Shadow' in the wallet.

Character stats info page - "I believe this is a must so the players can follow their character progress in more details and be more intune as their character gets stronger. Also helps players on which items & artifact they are using as they can follow the changes they make on the go".

Buffs & triggers - "I am sure that most people love items, spells & artifact that triggers various buffs & effects but not being able to see those buffs kinda tames some of the fun of it. I would suggest making a place to display buffs the same way enchantments & geomancers trait proc is shown would help alot. Also showing a clear effect in game would assist at this (Could be a the character turning red (ala bloodlust effect seen in other games) when getting a damage buff & a feather over the head when getting a speed buff etc. Could also be assisted with clear sounds when something proc an effect. Also helps the issue where players do not actually know what different buffs does. What is 'Greater Might' exactly? The displaying of buffs would solve this as the player can hover over their buffs and get a detailed tooltip of the effect. Would also suggest to add the text of what the buff does when you hover over the mod on the item.

Scrolling combat text (Just an idea) - I am not sure if this is needed but I decided to suggest it anyway. "If this was to be implemented I would suggest that the design would let the players customize exactly what they want to see. -> Damage done & taken, healing done & taken, various procs, experience & reputation gained, more could be added here I am sure."

Daily quests in each regional (after the full story line is complete) only gives 250 gold after mana cap. (gave 500 gold plus mana before) - "I am honestly not sure what happened here but I just noticed that today while doing dailys."

Lastly just to sum up I would like to emphasize that many of my suggestion could lead to less revenue on the short term but I truly believe that on the long term it would benefit both the players and the company and in this case properly the investors behind the company. Remember; 'Happy customers likes to support the game they love'.

• tecmysttecmyst Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

Hello!

Just wanted to share my opinion about Magic after the patch.

Let me start saying that I like this game, nice visuals and planty ways to customize your characters that can be on single account!

I see the potential for the future but also some threats about development.

This post may be a bit chaotic since I'm gonna write what comes to my mind. (Not native english speaker either)

Lets start with the spells, theire effects are very well made, not only they look powerful, but you can feel the impact they make on monsters. Very diverse, colorful and fluent animation. Awesome way for synergies around one card (Anihilate) or many ('Zombie Army'). Everything in between or totally diffrent approach thx to artifacts and equipment that can enchance or change gameplay significiently. 

To say short there are lots and lots of possible combination.

Movement/Combat:

It took me quite some time to adjust to keyboard and mouse combination, this actually was the reason for me to use only spell that are either companions and enchantments or got area of effect circle that I can fire and forget. Primary attack is very hard to use since the character doesn't rotate after the mouse cursor and you need to position yourself via keys 1st, so it doesn't feel natural.

Also in bigger fights I tend to loose track of mouse.

The right mouse button alow us only to rotate in single plane around, it felt weird at start but now I'm acustom to this. 

Using Necromancer spark power is also tricky, you need to hold lmb to fire and to rotate hold rmb, so you also rotating camera but allows you to aim better.

When fighting some bosses it's not hard to loose visual on them, caught myself on swiping possible area with mouse to know where to cast spells. Very annoying.

When playing dungeons in grup of 3 sometimes there are so many effect that it's hard to see anything at all, very intense and tiresome for eyes when you try to find point of your interest.

Maybe including option for making others spells/companions more transparent would be a solution since I can't make any interaction with them whatsover, but for person with healing/buffing spells this knowledge could come in handy. Also visible red circle under boss could help.

Dungeons:

Some higher dificulty dungeons on expert/master still need more tweaking, sometimes mobs stops spawning and the progress is hold completly, or the time between waves is too long, I've encounter this on solo and group play. (Benalia: The Battle of Korlich Pass; Tazeem: Hedron Rush; Tolaria: The Forbidden Vault)

Other times some ppl want to farm places with infinite spawns, that gameplay is super boring and increases queue wait times, so maybe you want to avoid that either.

World/Regional Enchantments:

This is really nice way to improve dificulty even furhter, but the constant reflect in Benalia is just plain bad, you can't possibly have fun one shoting yourself from every hit you make. No other land got that elaborate torturing device as this. Maybe there's a way for that like geting planty companions and using only healing spells for them but haven't tested and not really want to.

Don't get me wrong the reflect on elite mobs that is signalized by white diamods before this effect is active is well made and if I die it's all on me.

Quests/Dailys/Rewards

They're ok, as everything repetitive it gets old sooner or later, but they're necessary to keep people coming back, although there is potential problem here.

Most of the time the specific land daily quest can be done twice per daily reset and also the dificulty level you're claiming the reward is more important than, dificulty level you've actually completed that quest.

When you reached mana cap, the extra mana isn't transfered to gold, it's just wasted (same with dungeon chest), where the info say that it should be changed the way mana looted from enemies.

Progress in Gavony by doing dungeons and skirmishes on all dificulty levels is bugged for me, can only increase this level via dialy quest where on other lands can progress by doing all those things.

Characters/Equipment/Artifacts

Finally when I understood how it works, I need to say I like it very much, you just collect all the stuff and if you feel like it upgrade it, modify or don't. On one account you can have all the characters and progress further with shared EVERYTHING! Genious.

Also since you can't sell anything directly to other players bots doesn't have anything to do here. (right? pls say I'm right (; )

Your Realm

The place where you can, in peace, upgrade your base and catch up with all the loot you've geathered including cards, upgrading them and also testing on dummies! With each upgrade buildings change slightly theire visuals, very subtle and neat. Also it's good to push for Aetheric Core lvl 6, cause from now on you'll get access to making your own world enchantments every 18h, that's a free 10k gold from broker (minimum, depends on enchantment rank). Nice pocket dimension.

Sound

There are some problems with sound, the voice actors line are not on same volume, but there are also some loud noises when casting spells that sound bad, couldn't pinpoint which spell does that since it was cast by another player. Music line is good tho and fits the enviroment pretty well.

OK it took longer than I wanted but here it is.

Good luck and have fun!

PS. One important thing about optimization, it seem that the biggest drop in fps I'm having when the face of questgiver shows on my screen, this animated small icon taking planty of machine power and after it dissapear the fps going back to normal.

• kingjeldorankingjeldoran Posts: 23

The game is much smoother now thanks to the Magic Legends team for the optimizations. Also can you add a realm where pvp is enabled that would be fun thanks and more power to Magic Legends. :)

• I feel a solidified webpage hub, where information is kept, would be a huge corner stone for the community and would likely keep people around longer/help new players become senior players.

As an Example Wowhead for World of Warcraft. I know not all games have that, but it's a suggestion.

Just my 2 mana,

Antioch

• toasthater#8992 toasthater Posts: 67
    edited April 2021

While I'm glad that the battle pass has been improved, I feel like the free XP was a little lack luster.

With the way that cosmetic unlocks have been reported to work (instant redeem with or without the base card), I've been avoiding doing battle pass missions until I can find the cards that have cosmetics that unlock through battle pass progression.

IMO, it's not a huge deal and shouldn't be a high priority, but it still feels kinda bad. I'm thankful for the free XP, and the resources that came with it...just kinda bummed that I missed out on the cosmetics cause I don't have the base cards yet.

• An EU server so we can play with decent ping

• It seems that an overwhelmingly amount of the community is 100% against caps and time gates... a ARPG should be login, kill stuff, get rewarded/level up. The current state of the game is boring and underwhelming. I really hope they do something great with all the feedback, negative and positive that has been given, ignore all the hate, and not let this die before it even launches. I still believe. I will still be on this ship till it sails into the sunset or sinks to the bottom... but we are taking on water!!

*Wild Energies oozes don't count toward the 0/25 Oozes daily

*Wild Energies, spell pages sometimes fall off the edge of the final arena, and sometimes rewards are invisible until you get closer.

*Danitha's model was missing when we "found" her and while Rael was de-Cursing her. After the mission finished, she appeared in the grass about 40 feet northwest of where she normally should be kneeling.

*2 days after I reported about the dailies refreshing at 3am, they did not. I don't know which is the more common or intended behavior.

*Planeswalker level at Login screen seems to only display 30/60/90 class levels, and ignore the levels earned after max.

*Monday at 10am Central, Planar Mana displayed "1 hour until weekly reset." Logged off for four hours, came back, "22 hours until weekly reset."

*In the Prototype Skirmish near Tolaria's North Ampitheater, once the final Galvanized Dreadnaught dropped to 20% health (and had recently been hit by Mindmage Secondary, so maybe this was caused by weird Confuse aggro?), he walked east, through that skirmish, north through the Mythic circle, and wandered around three more curving paths before I could finally chase him down and kill him. Received no Skirmish Reward popup because we were many screens away from the circle. Changed difficulty to Normal so I could delete him in 0.3 seconds for my second Daily kill...and got sent to an empty Echo arena. Planeswalked again...and saw I got credit for 2 Dreadnaught kills. Um yay, daily done!

*Hunt for Vengeance: Keltaze took off (despite standing inside a token, yay!) then landed 5 seconds later rather than spending 30 seconds making strafing runs. Was nice! He rolled Flash, maybe that triggered in midair to reset his AI or something?

*Well of Souls lists Bronze/Silver/Gold requirements as 2225, 5400, 1100. That last one is probably supposed to be 11,000? 9981 counted as Silver. But then I've seen Gold missions reward 1400 xp and Bronze ones reward 23,000 xp so I have no idea what reward I actually got or which one is actually better.

*Annoyance: Speaking of rewards, the most important part of the rewards screen is usually whether we got a 10000+ gold World Enchantment or not. This requires scrolling through about twelve other things first (less while Weekly Capped). And second-to-last is the XP which is usually the other thing I care about. Gold reward, card shards, and mana seem fairly similar among all missions (especially while Weekly Capped), but the ones with the largest variance are the ones that require the most carpal tunnel to actually view.

*Positive feedback! I've only had two Crash-to-Desktops and they both reconnected without losing mission progress, Good job!

*Positive feedback! Unplugging my headphones and plugging in speakers switched the audio perfectly. Many other games have been out of beta for years and require manually changing Options menu, or relaunching the game entirely. Good job!

• Ive been playing as beastcaller and i notice creature based decks lack power in late game. and sometimes big creatures get stuck on terrain or bunch of mobs and dont hit.