Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
I do not have the staff on speed dial
Insanity Runs Downhill
2v3ld35.jpg

Comments

• Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Normally I wouldn't care but ever stupid link I click on forums now redirects me to that stupid news post. It's really kinda annoying -.-
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i would seriously like that for once the new changes were made when the dam thing works

if i log in on arc it just keeps directing to the news page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Normally I wouldn't care but ever stupid link I click on forums now redirects me to that stupid news post. It's really kinda annoying -.-

yeah it is
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • thrash666
    thrash666 Posts: 26 Arc User
    So now that these forums are up and running... will we ever be able to get our old names back? I hate having this forum name, i never had to use it...
    SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg
  • pyszczoklet
    pyszczoklet Posts: 32 Arc User
    thrash666 wrote: »
    So now that these forums are up and running... will we ever be able to get our old names back? I hate having this forum name, i never had to use it...

I don't like my name either and would really like to change it, but sadly we won't be able to do that -_-
    I already asked when the 1st migration announcement was made :/
    The only way to get ur desired name is to make new account just for forum use >.>

Chimu - Wind/Light Bard
    Marithea - Darkpact/Torture Tormentor
  • calygothly
    calygothly Posts: 22 Arc User
    thrash666 wrote: »

I don't like my name either and would really like to change it, but sadly we won't be able to do that -_-
    I already asked when the 1st migration announcement was made :/
    The only way to get ur desired name is to make new account just for forum use >.>

I much prefer the way it was before when you could pick your name on forum based on your characters. I dont like it the way it is now, for all the rest it looks good, but this name ruins it for me. Why? because is my account name! something you dont really want to make all open for everyone!

Rose_Sig_03_02.png

EtherealRose ~ Dual Spec PvP Blood / PvE Dark ~ Lvl 90
    EtherealOrchid ~ Light Bard ~ Lvl 90
    __Gaia__ ~ Glacial Priest ~ Lvl 90
    ~ Storm Server ~
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh well, Vanilla arrived. You guys really messed up. I recently worked with the vanilla forum software and whatever you did here is quite a pain. How can someone mess up the layout like you did? You always talk about your QA, where is it? Don't they test the forums? Seriously, this is not even a halfhearted migration. This is just rubbish considering the delay we had to endure.

With all the money you receive it should be possible to employ at least one professional web-developer to fix the design.

// edit: great, I'm enlisted as "Champions Online" user ... I never played that game ... great -.-
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • shugah78
    shugah78 Posts: 16 Arc User
    FW user: new arc forum totally overwhelming for one thing. Another thing, we all need to put initials of game we are discussing into the first part. If not I see no sence of visiting the forum, it's useless to me. I need order and easy to read set up or my ADD kicks in!

I've always been told to look before I leap and I try too, but can't do that here, oh well....

Oh, and please don't pick apart every word I say and don't give me a link to follow, I cannot click on it for some reason.
  • arcupie
    arcupie Posts: 42 Arc User
    If you insist upon using this, could you possibly consider choosing an easier to read format? Everything is black and white. There is little to no font definition between forum titles and content making it extremely difficult to read and navigate.
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd recommend taking a look at this thread: testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits. There some knowledgeable users from other games created css and javascript improvements for the forum which improve readability and design massively.

Edit: Also, there are these > tiger-2.gif and maaaany more onion-7.gif.
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    I would be really happy if i dont need to manually write down the bbcode for lightblue everytime i post to see it better.
    Could you guys add a font color change opinion to the reply menu?
    And give us back the old smileys?
  • mamagrowls
    mamagrowls Posts: 23 Arc User
    these forums just suck...how about a search option since u took away all my saved info pages., This is one lousy forum format anyway..who the heck had this idea???
    T;Frozen
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    You may find the search on top of the page. However they successfully managed to decompose a capable forum software. Such great effort by PWE need some appreciation ...
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • jazerk
    jazerk Posts: 41 Arc User
    mamagrowls wrote: »
    these forums just suck...how about a search option since u took away all my saved info pages., This is one lousy forum format anyway..who the heck had this idea???

THEY must not think of no one but themselves huh.. hell we have favorites SAVED STOP MESSING THEM UP!
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    I don't like the new forums... o.o
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    tutilake88 wrote: »
    I don't like the new forums... o.o

oh go away you :smile:

Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg