Returning player ?

jarfaru
jarfaru Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I have a few level 35+ characters and i haven't played in a year. But i find all my characters are in what seems to be a new starter zone. Is there some reason all my characters zone here and do i need to do anything here or can i just portal out?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You get some quests to do there but you can return there anytime to complete them. Head to your nearest teleport and head to Nightfall. That's the new main place. Freedom harbor and some other maps are currently unavailable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • SparkyHeal - Storm Legion
    SparkyHeal - Storm Legion Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi and welcome back!

Yes, you are in a new starting zone. We had a content update not too long ago that took out all of the previous starting zones and other areas, including Freedom Harbor.

There's a few spots you can teleport out at. Here is a map showing where the teleport crystals are in the area (The green things). (Press "M" to get to your map.)

I actually recommend doing the new quests which start in that area. The old main quest line doesn't exist anymore, it's replaced by a new main quest that starts with, if I remember correctly, a quest called "Where am I?" (or something similar >.>) and leads you to an NPC. The walk might be really long or really short, depending on where your characters are located. The new main quest line gives exp and other things, of course. Good luck~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jarfaru
    jarfaru Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So all the old area are no longer in the game? Heck i don't even know where to go for finding a trainer. I feel completely lost now.
  • darkerthandar05
    darkerthandar05 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That sucks, i really miss the old locations where every race had its own starter zone, especially kindred zones >.>. Any1 know when they're gonna fix that in the nearest update? Every ppl have one questing location.. its boring like this. I also haven't played since 2011++ or so and was surprised (yet disappointed) about the new starter zone. And whats the point in that there are not many places where u can go cuz obviously map became smaller. Its boring like this so hope they'll fix it in the nearest update ;<
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That sucks, i really miss the old locations where every race had its own starter zone, especially kindred zones >.>. Any1 know when they're gonna fix that in the nearest update? Every ppl have one questing location.. its boring like this. I also haven't played since 2011++ or so and was surprised (yet disappointed) about the new starter zone. And whats the point in that there are not many places where u can go cuz obviously map became smaller. Its boring like this so hope they'll fix it in the nearest update ;<

It's not really something that needs "fixing" as it's part of the game's main story line.

The Storm Legion (aka the main bad guys in the game) invaded during the update and took control of not only the starter areas, but Freedom Harbor as well. Playing the new quest line in the new starter area explains how this was able to happen...since I'm sure you'll remember the last time you were on the Storm Legion seemed like a bunch of push overs.

I'm sure at one point in the future we'll end up beating the Storm Legion back and reclaiming the territories, though I have my doubts they'll be the same when we get them back.
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • lilcocoa40
    lilcocoa40 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ive been gone for a while and my avatar is now stuck on a main quest... Main Quest [50] I cant find Whisk since i lv to 53 and i cant delete the quest .. how i get my rewards from lv up ? Gloomy forest is not available so no Turning in quest to Whisk... pls help
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lilcocoa40 wrote: »
    ive been gone for a while and my avatar is now stuck on a main quest... Main Quest [50] I cant find Whisk since i lv to 53 and i cant delete the quest .. how i get my rewards from lv up ? Gloomy forest is not available so no Turning in quest to Whisk... pls help

delete and do new toon lvl 50 is not much u do that like in 2h
  • Qelfpriest - Storm Legion
    Qelfpriest - Storm Legion Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The new stuff is boring -- I miss the old regions. I've tried several new characters with no success. I've never been able to complete Lionheart Camp Challenge 6 with any of the characters, and apparently you don't get any more main quests until you finish that. I'm guessing that's keeping me from getting a pet, too, even at levels in the high 40s. And none of the forum entries, guides, wiki entries, YouTube videos, etc. that people spent hours researching and assembling are worth anything anymore -- none of it applies to the new stuff, so there's no help available. I probably won't be coming back.
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I probably won't be coming back.

smart decision very smart u saving for self alot of stress and money speanding if u wana make something real money i say.