If I delete a character, I can't use that name anymore?

wh1teeh
wh1teeh Posts: 66 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Beginner's Guide
I deleted a character, because I wanted to remake it, but now it says the name is taken. Which is kinda impossible, since I just deleted it, I don't think someone would claim the name already, it wasn't even a common name or such... Does it mean I can't use the names of the characters' I delete? Thank you for the answers.
Post edited by wh1teeh on

Comments

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wh1teeh wrote: »
    I deleted a character, because I wanted to remake it, but now it says the name is taken. Which is kinda impossible, since I just deleted it, I don't think someone would claim the name already, it wasn't even a common name or such... Does it mean I can't use the names of the characters' I delete? Thank you for the answers.

P, been broken for a few months
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Currently yes, that is the situation. It's not supposed to be that way though. It used to be possible to re-use names of deleted characters. PWE was going to get around to fixing it, but it hasn't happened yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • wh1teeh
    edited August 2013
    I deleted a few characters, and I noticed I can't use any of their names anymore.. It always says it's taken. But I'm pretty sure they aren't. So those names are 'lost', or what? thank you.
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    edited August 2013
    Currently we cannot re-use names of deleted characters. This is something that should not be happening but started happening after the roll-back. When they actually get to fixing it I don't know. You can try sending in a ticket to Support to see if they have the power to let you re-use any specific names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • wh1teeh
    edited August 2013
    Currently we cannot re-use names of deleted characters. This is something that should not be happening but started happening after the roll-back. When they actually get to fixing it I don't know. You can try sending in a ticket to Support to see if they have the power to let you re-use any specific names.

Ohh joy. I deleted a bunch of characters just to remake them with the same name. But well, thank you for the answer and I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    merge threads, not sure why there were 2 of these made when there was an answer the first time around
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • blakess5
    blakess5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, is this issue still going on, or is it fixed please?
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    edited August 2013
    blakess5 wrote: »
    Hey, is this issue still going on, or is it fixed please?

It hasn't been fixed yet, so yes still going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • darkerthandar05
    darkerthandar05 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    is it still impossible to re-name the character? I'm asking cuz since then there were many changes added and just curious.
  • Shapelle - Lionheart
    Shapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    is it still impossible to re-name the character? I'm asking cuz since then there were many changes added and just curious.

It's Forsaken World as run by Perfect World Entertainment. NOTHING that is player quality of life related gets fixed...ever....Oh look....we just activated a charge rewards with a new orb....can we has your money now?

Prove me wrong guys....prove me wrong.