Blood Vampire Guide

1235»

Comments

• somorn
    somorn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I apologize if this is already answered somewhere, but in your build, personally, why didn't you get Withered Space?
  • anonomouslyanon
    anonomouslyanon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I MUSTACHE A QUESTION XD can you take a look at this build and give me some suggestions. I'm still really new (just started yesterday) and this is something i came up with purely research Dx can you gimme some suggestions maybe?
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=vampire&r=kin&b=t1a25t1b11t1b24t1c11t1c32t2a15t2a35t2b12t2b34t2c14t2c23t2d22t2d35t2f14t2g43t2h12t2h22t
  • ghuffis
    ghuffis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I MUSTACHE A QUESTION XD can you take a look at this build and give me some suggestions. I'm still really new (just started yesterday) and this is something i came up with purely research Dx can you gimme some suggestions maybe?
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=vampire&r=kin&b=t1a25t1b11t1b24t1c11t1c32t2a15t2a35t2b12t2b34t2c14t2c23t2d22t2d35t2f14t2g43t2h12t2h22t

Just plain bad.
    You're missing off the most important skills to a vamp. Maxing out unnecessary skills etc etc
  • nrliev
    nrliev Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I may have to get a compass and try out some build like that caus damn it looks appealing (the idea in general)... but yeah, those first few tiers of dark skills can push a mostly blood build into competitively offensive/survival territory (as opposed to support / med dmg), so much so that it looks like it will need its own play-style to make full use of it...

anyone who is decent at soloing with blood tree will make good use of this monstrosity, but it requires the finesse chaining of skills and kiting tactics youre more likely to find in dark vamp skill rotations - 'passive' bloods will find it harder to stay alive (it is very easy to get used to the OP self-heals, i know on some lazy mob killing days i just autoattack and heal every other minute), but those more used to pure dark should have little trouble adapting.

oh, and for those curious about using both % proc talents (blood demon, demon of darkness)... when spamming DR,VS and DC on builds like the above, you have 20%,20% and 30% of (re-)triggering vamp form respectively, with the cast time/cooldowns being around 1/2s,1/3s and 2/2s (i know its 1.5 cd, but since you cant time it that way...). vamp form lasts for 20 seconds minimum... ill show the math if anyone wants, but assuming you spam those 3 at every opportunity (DR,VS,DC), your chance of LEAVING vamp form, ever, is around 4% or less (assuming you get 4 rotations in, and there is time for more)... thats the odds of not re-triggering vamp form fast enough :D

/walloftext

Yeah, I'm definately going to be Hybrid later in future, since with this new rune system, it's opened many, many doors to make blood vamp / hybrid vamps work.

Future Build

Current Build

I'm at work atm though so I cant exactly take a screenshot of my character etc, But ID wise I'm mostly (in order) going for; Accuracy, Heal Effect, Attack, Dark Attack, Dark Mastery. ATM I spam invig just for the 32% extra attack, which expodentially helps when it comes to spike damage (and with my current build, more so with blood fever).

If, Blood Fever rune does exist, I'll be going back to my current build, otherwise my future build is something i'm definately looking forward to. I dont have trouble healing most of the time in Instances, and when it comes to late game instances, blood vamps are typically not expected to main heal anyway, only offheal, so invig and dark contract work fine for me. When I finish upgrading, I'll have roughly about 5/6k+ Attack at base, much more in vamp form and when I invig.

My current has always worked for me but now that I finally got myself lvl 40 mastery and farming Gems almost non-stop for future lvl 2 wings (and stopping at 203 chroma, atm it just being 99, because I dont like the look of lvl 1 wings lol). I feel as though going for high singular target DPS as possible, but with the ability to off heal / heal still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vesrix - Eydra - First Zodiac Blood Rite Vamp
    - lvl 80 Hybrid Blood 35 / Dark 26 vamp (tinyurl.com/Mybuilduh)
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This may have been said already but your guide is still wrong so I'll post here and hope people see it.

Invigoration doesn't cost health. The talent Blood Link doesn't increase the health cost of Invigoration since Invigoration doesn't cost health. The talent Blood Link increases the healing of Invigoration by X%, (2% of your hp at 4/4.) The talent Fresh Blood seems to increase all healing done to the target by X%, (8% at 2/2.)

Invigoration heals once on cast and then up to 4 more times as the target attacks.
  • Catlina - Storm Legion
    Catlina - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This may have been said already but your guide is still wrong so I'll post here and hope people see it.

Invigoration doesn't cost health. The talent Blood Link doesn't increase the health cost of Invigoration since Invigoration doesn't cost health. The talent Blood Link increases the healing of Invigoration by X%, (2% of your hp at 4/4.) The talent Fresh Blood seems to increase all healing done to the target by X%, (8% at 2/2.)

Invigoration heals once on cast and then up to 4 more times as the target attacks.

invigoration was changed it used to cost hp and it used to increase healing effects of it by % of ur HP so shes not wrong, they just changed it...
  • X_UpsideDown_x - Illyfue
    X_UpsideDown_x - Illyfue Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for this guide! I chose blood vamp right from the start, it looks the best for me. So this is a lot of help for me when letting my little "crazy girl" grow...:)

PS: even if there can be some things wrong (like the others say) it's still useful, I think..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Siggy by me>
    And I AM the Dolly even if you don't believe.
  • Nayaru - Storm Legion
    Nayaru - Storm Legion Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PS: even if there can be some things wrong (like the others say) it's still useful, I think..

It's a mostly accurate guide. Just it's subject to Luciferia's personal opinions and there's one or two things that have changed since he made this. I believe he's stopped playing because he was posting in these forums quite frequently so not sure if fixes will be made where necessary. :( I wonder if I'm being too prudent in not making a guide for PvE only blood vamps...
    Blood vamp since 2011 and now Wind Barding!
    tinyurl.com/apvqzc9 - PvE Blood/Dark Build
    And just because: tinyurl.com/howtosolokluer
  • rosarosarosam
    rosarosarosam Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello bloods,

I'd like you to let me know what you think of Invigoration last changes and its consequences in our builds, especially concerning the blood link talent.

Invig used to increase target's health by 20% of your current max health, including amazing hp buffs like Blood rite or Withered space.
    Likewise Blood link enabled us to get an epic hp amount for some seconds, and no doubt it was worth it.

Now the hp boost is +20% of your base hp (without gear). It makes a strong difference.

So today this talent allows me to get 3,000 hp bonus for 20 seconds, while my max hp is 30,000

Did some of you review their builds and found an interesting way to replace their points ?
  • Nayaru - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    I think the change is absolutely disgusting. However I begrudgingly still feel the HP buff is worth it. More HP is better than.. not more, right? Invigoration has been my favourite blessing since I first got it even if the HP buff is pathetic now.
  • rosarosarosam
    edited July 2012
    Hi Nayaru,

Well I have to come back on what I said,I proceeded some tests yesterday.

Invig does not increase your health by 20% of your base HP, as it does not increase your attack by 32% of your base attack or whatsoever.
    I did not put points in the fresh blood talent so I can't tell if the healing improve works.

For those who are interested in that:

Naked hp : 6396
    Naked hp invigorated : 7204
    -> 12,6% increase (should be 20%)

Geared hp : 30296
    Geared hp invigorated : 32971
    -> 8.8% increase. But I still gain more than without gear

Naked attack : 674
    Naked attack invigorated : 852
    -> 26.4% increase (should be 32%)

Geared attack (max attack): 3461
    Geared attack invigorated : 4027
    -> 16.4% increase. But I still gain more than without gear

So either the effects or the descriptions of the Invigoration talents are false. It'd be awesome to know what we're puting our talent points in. If someone knows precisely its effect, please let me know :)
    Testing its heal effects is not so easy because of the varying amount of health restored.

Besides, I tested Blood Rite, Withered Space and Vamp form too. Their effects perfectly match their descriptions :)
  • Nayaru - Storm Legion
    edited July 2012
    Yeah the old 20% HP buff made sense. It seems like they just slapped any old multiplier in and didn't change the tooltips so we know what the change is. However we can't blame PWE for that one, it's all CN.

P.S Guys: If you love being a healer vamp but wish you also had DPS check out my Blood/Dark Hybrid guide: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=367701

It's got a few notes that are handy to all bloods even if not intending to follow it.
  • mikkozak1
    mikkozak1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very informative! I just started playing this class a week ago and am looking forward to using this guide as i progress.
  • rosarosarosam
    edited November 2012
    Hi bloods ^^

I just add informations to this guide,

Withered space description is false, it does not reduce ennemies' Resistances by 200, but their Masteries.

The dps bonus for Charmed strike given by the talent 'Bloody Evil Strike' to targets affected by Vampire Sigil's debuff (I prefer call it that way in order not to confuse with the lvl 55 skill Blood curse) does not work.

HP absorption are not as strong as the game announces them. (talent Blood sign, talent Bloody Evil Death, and Nyos Wisdom points) We can barely feel their effects whereas Dark's absorption perfectly works (actually a dark vamp has a far better absorption than a blood thanks to its 'Bloody evil state' talent)

Anyway, does anyone know if the incoming patch will fix something in blood tree ?
    (I mean Bestow life & bloody evil strike)
  • rosarosarosam
    edited December 2012
    Well, it did not fix the problems.
    It has even nerved Invigoration, making its heal power 30% weaker
  • CallistoMoon - Illyfue
    CallistoMoon - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey i just started a Blood Vamp and i was wonderin if u can advice me with some kind of Skill order (Like the best place for a skill to be put for Example Seed of Life at F1 and stuff like that)
  • Okitsune - Eyrda
    Okitsune - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This guide really helped me out a lot when trying to decide what to do with my character, tyvm.
  • neonophobic
    neonophobic Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've actually followed similar to this because I found a blood/dark combo works well :3
    Played beta, Returned, Started over
    ~Server: Lionheart~
    Kiieraa - Rebel Priest
    Kieer - Blood Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Credits to Magicka for the signature

Roll backs, Roll backs everywhere!
    Good-Bye Nova Packs
    Hello angry gamers
    ***Sunday, March 31, 2013***
  • RandomRobyn - Storm Legion
    RandomRobyn - Storm Legion Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very helpful ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naamahdoll - Eyrda
    Naamahdoll - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am Sara from Poland i love vampire ! is best class for me ! :)
  • psyleader
    psyleader Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, you saved my tree xD
  • darkerthandar05
    darkerthandar05 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm wondering which is better now after the update: inferno or blood? And about this vampire build it is not completed there are some points left behind (this thread is old anyway) If I'll go blood/dark hybrid where else I'll have to put the last points? And is this build still good in pve or should I better go inferno?
  • alleinoo
    alleinoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Can anyone here please post a good working blood build ? Btw i´m not sure because heal skills, can anyone tell me, whats the most effectly heal skill or which skills & heals are best for the bot ?

Pls help me, because i love playing Blood Vamp, but it makes me crazy, i don´t know, which skills and whats the best heal ...

thank you so much

and sry for my bad english i am a german player :hushed: